Confused by the enchanting table

A place to talk to other users about the mod.
thekyz

Confused by the enchanting table

Post by thekyz »

I made a small room for my vanilla enchanting needs but cannot seem to have enchant above level 11. I thought enchants were capped at level 15 in BtW but i cannot make it work.

I took a picture of the room, as you can see it's full of books if you don't count the hallway to get in (33 bookshelves in total).
Spoiler
Show
Thanks for the help guys!
Epsilon

Re: Confused by the enchanting table

Post by Epsilon »

this is what the wiki says. So you're right. the only thing I can think of right now is the placement of the book shelves. try to move your table up by one block; even so that shouldn't change anything according to vanilla wiki. If that doesn't work... I don't know.
Taleric

Post by Taleric »

A bookshelf must have at least 1 side exposed to air to count, so your corners are prob being excluded.
erikdk321

Post by erikdk321 »

No, the corners counts
Gilberreke

Post by Gilberreke »

erikdk321 wrote:No, the corners counts
Are you sure about that? I thought they didn't.
Come join us at Vioki's Discord! discord.gg/fhMK5kx
Daisjun

Post by Daisjun »

From the vanilla wiki: 'In order to have an effect, a bookshelf must be placed exactly 2 blocks, laterally, off the enchantment table and be on the same level or one block height above the table'

The top shelves aren't contributing, your setup should be a square two high, one space all around with a gap to enter, then all 30 will be active.
FlowerChild
Site Admin

Post by FlowerChild »

I'm noticing at least two missing bookshelves to your immediate left in the screenshot. Not sure about the right, but yeah, you don't have them all.

I don't think the top bookshelves should cause problems, as if they did, you'd be a lot lower than level 11 on your enchants.
Gilberreke wrote: Are you sure about that? I thought they didn't.
They count.
Gilberreke

Post by Gilberreke »

FlowerChild wrote:They count.
Oh, cool. So they count for vanilla, but do they count for infernal? I thought those needed to have an air block somewhere.

As you can tell, I'm not big on enchanting :p
Come join us at Vioki's Discord! discord.gg/fhMK5kx
thekyz

Post by thekyz »

Thanks for the help guys, my problem was definitely with the corners, didn't know they counted; and i thought the top layer counted, thus the confusion ...

Edit: And some pictures of the finished room to clarify:
Spoiler
Show
Last edited by thekyz on Fri Nov 22, 2013 10:55 am, edited 1 time in total.
the_fodder

Post by the_fodder »

There was talk about increasing the radius for bookshelves so you didn't need to build the box o' book. Does anyone know what came of that?
It's FC mod, he just lets us play it.
milkmandan

Post by milkmandan »

the_fodder wrote:There was talk about increasing the radius for bookshelves so you didn't need to build the box o' book. Does anyone know what came of that?
I thought that was the vanilla level nerf along with it not including any of the really nice enchants (fortune, silk touch, etc). Thus, once you have enough books you're moved on to the infernal enchanter which is much more room.
FlowerChild wrote:
Ribky wrote:What did you do with bonemeal? And can I mix it with clay and smear it on myself for instant growth?
You'll be receiving an email soon with instructions on how to order my patented instant growth formula.
FlowerChild
Site Admin

Post by FlowerChild »

the_fodder wrote:There was talk about increasing the radius for bookshelves so you didn't need to build the box o' book. Does anyone know what came of that?
Still on my todo.