Tiny trick or Treaters!

This forum is for anything that doesn't specifically have to do with Better Than Wolves
Panda

Tiny trick or Treaters!

Post by Panda »

hehe i love America's Halloween customs!
Im currently sitting on my couch with my bowl of candy ready!
Costumes are so cute! <3

:3 Happy Panda.
Never say no to Panda.
Miss_Kat

Re: Tiny trick or Treaters!

Post by Miss_Kat »

We're not likely to get any trick or treaters this year. I'm still living in my childhood home & all the kids I grew up around/with have moved away & their parents haven't. xP

And considering we have no streetlights and a lot of dogs.. well, most grandparents in the neighborhood take their kids elsewhere.

I miss seeing all the cute costumes. :(
FlowerChild
Site Admin

Post by FlowerChild »

Kat, your description has me picturing your neighborhood as something out of Low Winter Sun :)
Miss_Kat

Post by Miss_Kat »

FlowerChild wrote:Kat, your description has me picturing your neighborhood as something out of Low Winter Sun :)
Had to google the show, but considering that's set in Detroit and I live in a small rural town in CA, it's probably got a similar poor/rundown look.. just with more cows literally down the street.
FlowerChild
Site Admin

Post by FlowerChild »

Miss_Kat wrote: Had to google the show, but considering that's set in Detroit and I live in a small rural town in CA, it's probably got a similar poor/rundown look.. just with more cows literally down the street.
Hehe...yeah, it's set (and filmed) in Detroit, but I also think they have the tendency to find and use the most run down of neighborhoods as sets, so the effect is somewhat amplified and makes the whole city feel rather Mad Maxesque :)
Ribky

Post by Ribky »

I just got back from bringing my son out trick or treating :)

He was a policeman. I provided him with a search warrant so he could select whichever candy he wanted from people's bowls.
The spice must flow...

[03:28] <Detritus_> Weird, I'm still logged in her
EpicAaron

Post by EpicAaron »

I prefer the creepy costumes over the cute ones, but I too have noticed a large decline in the amount of children in recent years. Tons of annoying teenagers with spray paint though.

On the topic of Halloween on the Better Than Wolves Forum, I'll leave this here:
Spoiler
Show
Everyone thought the pumpkin stood for "By they way" :)
BTW Community Server Discord: https://discord.gg/arZpuYW
Spoiler
Show
FlowerChild
Site Admin

Post by FlowerChild »

Woot! Ok, now I feel festive :)
AdmiralJonB

Post by AdmiralJonB »

While no-one actually came to my door for trick or treat (I live in a locked apartment building) I did have something peculiar happen in BTW last night (on Halloween)...

I had just survived the morning creeper call, looked around and there was a skeleton with a pumpkin on his head giving me a.... "trick" so to speak. Not sure if I was hallucinating or not (I have picked up the only pumpkin in the area already), but that's what I saw. Wish I had taken a screenshot. Quite appropriate for Halloween.
TheGatesofLogic

Post by TheGatesofLogic »

mobs spawn with pumpkins on their heads on halloween
Two feet standing on a principle
Two hands longing for each others warmth
Cold smoke seeping out of colder throats
Darkness falling, leaves nowhere to go
Sandrew

Post by Sandrew »

TheGatesofLogic wrote:mobs spawn with pumpkins on their heads on halloween
I was going to say how much of a stupid idea this little joke by Mojang was but I can vaguely recall that they decided to add bats and witches last year. So it could have been much worse I suppose.
danielngtiger

Post by danielngtiger »

Sandrew wrote: I was going to say how much of a stupid idea this little joke by Mojang was but I can vaguely recall that they decided to add bats and witches last year. So it could have been much worse I suppose.
Well really, in vanilla it is unlikely to be more than a minor nuisance, as a few mobs outside should be short work at almost any point in the game. It is only in BTW that it makes a significant difference. Plus, I did not find it on the wiki, but I don't think mobs wearing helmets was a recent thing.
Light travels faster than sound. That is why some people appear bright before you hear them speak.
foreman

Post by foreman »

I actually had two creepers show up at my door for Halloween.
Sandrew

Post by Sandrew »

danielngtiger wrote:
Sandrew wrote: I was going to say how much of a stupid idea this little joke by Mojang was but I can vaguely recall that they decided to add bats and witches last year. So it could have been much worse I suppose.
Well really, in vanilla it is unlikely to be more than a minor nuisance, as a few mobs outside should be short work at almost any point in the game. It is only in BTW that it makes a significant difference. Plus, I did not find it on the wiki, but I don't think mobs wearing helmets was a recent thing.
Yeah, it should be. Except for the fact that zombies now share a hive-mind in vanilla. In effect, whenever a single pumkin-headed zombie spots you, you'll have every zombie within an 80 block (or something) radius gunning for you, a good number of them immune to sunlight.
danielngtiger

Post by danielngtiger »

Sandrew wrote: Yeah, it should be. Except for the fact that zombies now share a hive-mind in vanilla. In effect, whenever a single pumkin-headed zombie spots you, you'll have every zombie within an 80 block (or something) radius gunning for you, a good number of them immune to sunlight.
I had forgotten about the zombie hive mind, not having ever played a version with it, but I still think that while a significant horde of zombies may kill you depending on where you are in the game, it is unlikely to be more than an inconvenience due to beds.
Light travels faster than sound. That is why some people appear bright before you hear them speak.
Calo290

Post by Calo290 »

danielngtiger wrote:
Sandrew wrote: Yeah, it should be. Except for the fact that zombies now share a hive-mind in vanilla. In effect, whenever a single pumkin-headed zombie spots you, you'll have every zombie within an 80 block (or something) radius gunning for you, a good number of them immune to sunlight.
I had forgotten about the zombie hive mind, not having ever played a version with it, but I still think that while a significant horde of zombies may kill you depending on where you are in the game, it is unlikely to be more than an inconvenience due to beds.
Actually sadly, judging by Icy's more recent TFC videos, it's exploitable behavior. All the zombies that are created/contacted by the first zombie's agro don't actually target you. They target the original zombie, making it possible to lead all of them around by staying away from the group's one "leader" zombie. Instead of going after you when in range like you'd expect, they prioritize staying close to their leader.

Edit: Example of what I'm talking about.

http://youtu.be/ujWFt00GAVw?t=16m44s
FaceFoiled

Post by FaceFoiled »

Unfortunately I was not home to dosh out candy this year, as I was out all evening/night for halloween parties. I was Kirito from Sword Art Online, not really scary, but one of the few times in the year I get to dress up ^_^.

I did carve 2 pumpkins though;