Diamond Hills Resort 2.0 (BTW V4.A1 Humpdated Camel)

This is the place for SMP server threads, and for general server discussion.
4man101

Re: Diamond Hills Resort - 4.89999 Co-Op server

Post by 4man101 »

Looks like a awesome server can wait to join!
serjo43's

Post by serjo43's »

res i build for u a better pigman farm xD
http://imgur.com/a/YHajf
ItchyFlea

Post by ItchyFlea »

Just wanting to say that I will be coming back soon. My absence has been caused by Terraria.
Resaul

Post by Resaul »

ItchyFlea wrote:Just wanting to say that I will be coming back soon. My absence has been caused by Terraria.
We will look forward to it IF :)
Resaul

Re: Diamond Hills Resort - 4.899999 Co-Op server

Post by Resaul »

Server has been updated to newest version.
Terus_

Post by Terus_ »

Still a bit busy but I should be getting some more free time in a week or so. Looking forward to rejoining you guys.
A1Mike_W

Post by A1Mike_W »

Hey guys, my computer broke recently so I won't be playing until I get it fixed; shouldn't take longer than a week or two.
Please don't destroy my anarchy base in the meantime :P

Edit: Managed to get my old PC running, should be good for now.
Dale

Post by Dale »

Server has been fun and active, but I think it is time to call it off. I love Better Than Wolves very much and have had the pleasure of playing on many servers. Ehsans anarchy server was my favorite one. Learned most of the BTW tech I know from experimenting there, sadly it died off. Then there was Splees Better With Renewables SKYBLOCK server where I spent countless hours playing and loving every moment of it. The rapid changes to BTW killed it off, as iron and such materials couldn't be incorporated into the BWR tech tree anymore or something. But I regress that was a blast, then I fumbled around a few co op servers that often faded faster than I could progress to end-game tech, till I found Resauls server. Here is my experience breakdown of it.

Warning this is a bit of a long story, hashtag rant?

By the way the pic is from a few seeds ago, my main base around the time I was op'd. Was proud and snapped an arial veiw for vanity.
Spoiler
Show
So the first time I logged onto the server I was unfamiliar with how hardcore the game had become since my break from MC in general, and was having a bit of trouble getting up n going. Resaul tp'd me to his base that was dug out into the side of a hilly area. He allowed me to use his base, and I started decorating and helping out with some of the redstone things and such. One day though, in this massive underground base I notice something in the corner of it far away from me by the water. It was blight. And was spreading everywhere outside, in fact it had been spreading for a long while. So after some server panic and chaos insued Resaul decided to make a new seed with the rule of isolating sfs beacons for now on.
So we all start this new seed and find a village near spawn and adopt its buildings as our starter base. Was very easy to get started with Resaul having the game on easy for the first three or so days. Needless to say we had a huge boost from that time. Everyone contributed to the spawn storage and everything there was free to use. Spawn base grew to have late tech machines and beautiful builds and was in fact, getting too crowded.
I decide to move away from spawn due to some misunderstandings, and the desire for other people to not mess with my builds, and settled in a large desert biome where I proceeded to build myself a huge mob trap in the shape of a castle. After a few very nice asthetic builds and having been in the later tech stages of the game Resaul adds me as a server op. I felt very connected to the seed and the builds. Was often looking forward to coming home and adding something to it.
A few weeks go by and a few more hardcore modes get added and the general idea is that we wouldnt update. Namely hardcore spawn. So Resaul makes a vanilla MC server and we play on it for a week or so. All of a sudden I find that the BTW server is back up n running so I switch back to it. Low and behold its a new seed, again. I forget what happened to that seed but it didnt last long. So we make a new seed, Resaul asks for an actual seed to use and I offer my favorite one and we make the current world. This brings me to the current time frame. The population has been high, people have enjoyed it thoroughly and some fun times has been had. I personally spent many hours working on server related tasks such as building spawn and little things like that and really enjoyed doing so.
But something for me was missing, having been on coop for so long I kinda missed anarchy so we added a command block that tp'd out super far away and made an anarchy area for pvp and general shenanigans. The area is nice, almost completely snow for 1000 blocks in each direction will hills and rivers and such. So at first three of us work together to get basics and make a base near spawn. All along thinking to myself that soon id be separating off from the pack to make my own base. I find a hollowed out spot in a mountain near spawn while hunting and fill in the holes quickly with dirt blocks after plopping down a torch to keep mobs from spawning inside. I come back later and bring some saplings and wood and establish a stash spot, complete with a pumpkin farm, fill in the holes again to hide it and head back to (pvp) spawn base. I revisited that hole early this morning to see If I could get a foothold in this icy wasteland and while walking I see a large exposed base, no attempt to hide it at all with a windmill and cows and torches all outside. Instantly my anarchy side activates and I go scope it out, tons of loot in chests with yet again, no attempt to hide anything in the base. I grab everything I can fit in my pockets and use a flint and steel on the rest of it, cooking the animals outside as I left for food.
Then Resaul accuses me of flying around in creative mode to find his base. Goes as far as to say I made the "fake base" inside that mountain around the corner from him as an alibi. This hurt me as ive tried to improve his server by helping so many times, having started over so many times because he feels the need to start a new seed and just forget about everyone elses work. But before I go off left field here, After he said these things I resigned from being an op. And logged off shortly after. As I thought about it I just decided that I am done on the server. So any of my things are free to plunder/use/tnt/ext. I do not wish to spend time somewhere that I am untrusted or even if I am, make me feel that I am not. Ive been let down before because of the constant new seeds and I guess this was my breaking point. I have had fun. Hope the very best for the servers future as always, have fun.
DaveYanakov "Animals spawn in tall grass because pokemans"...
Resaul

Post by Resaul »

I am just posting to clarify a few things. I did not accuse Odie of anything, I simply bluntly asked questions about the situation. I find a very distinct difference in something such as "Did you fly around in creative to find my base? lol" (which checking chat log is exactly how it was asked) and "I think you flew around in creative mode to find my base" (which is an accusation, and was NOT said).

As to the topic of new seeds. Each time a new seed was made it was because there was something drastic done to the map (such as accidental spread of blight) and it was voted on by most of the active players on the server (odie included), and was a group decision to start a new seed rather than spend countless hours trying to rectify the problem.

All of this being said I refuse to be drawn into a dramatic debate about things and will just simply wish odie the best in wherever he goes. :)
Mrs.Cochran12

Post by Mrs.Cochran12 »

I am very sad to see that this has happened. We have had a few seed restarts which all were always voted on to make sure we did not upset anyone. We have had a great time playing with everyone and wish that this could continue. I know I personally made a few jokes maybe one to many and was not trying to make any one feel guilty for playing fair game in PVP world, I'm sorry for that. I wish everyone the best of luck and sorry and sad to see this has happened but hope many will continue to join us and play while having a good time :)
TaterBoy

Post by TaterBoy »

I'm afraid I feel the need to leave the server also. As I said I have mixed feelings, I don't want to ruffle anyone's feathers, and I feel that I would eventually if I stay. Thanks for having me, it was certainly a fun run, but when issues like this crop up, even if I'm not actually involved, it tends to take away some of the spirit of fun on a server, then it becomes a larger and larger elephant in the room.

No hard feelings on my part at all, just a lot of awkwardness that may or may not go away anytime soon, hopefully you understand.
Cthulhu for President: It's not the right choice, it's the only choice.
Dale

Post by Dale »

Spoiler
Show
Resaul wrote:I am just posting to clarify a few things. I did not accuse Odie of anything, I simply bluntly asked questions about the situation. I find a very distinct difference in something such as "Did you fly around in creative to find my base? lol" (which checking chat log is exactly how it was asked) and "I think you flew around in creative mode to find my base" (which is an accusation, and was NOT said).

As to the topic of new seeds. Each time a new seed was made it was because there was something drastic done to the map (such as accidental spread of blight) and it was voted on by most of the active players on the server (odie included), and was a group decision to start a new seed rather than spend countless hours trying to rectify the problem.

All of this being said I refuse to be drawn into a dramatic debate about things and will just simply wish odie the best in wherever he goes. :)
The red text, to me that is accusing me, and since im being "called out" for this you "mentioned" and or "asked bluntly" more than once so your point was loud and clear.
Wow ok gloves off then. I only once voted for a new seed. And it was because the current seed was a few days old and had ocean in each direction 30k out. Wich by the way I had nothing to do with the discussion previously to even start that seed, even saying I miss the old seed; wich had NOTHING wrong with it. There was NO blight spread. I am speaking of the seed from my picture. I am not the first or last player that has been let down by your constant seed changes. If you want to restart the seed over and over stick to single player LAN. I am just speaking bluntly.
Resaul

Post by Resaul »

Then I am sorry you took it as accusing but it is just what it is, a question that was asked that you could have simply answered yes or no to. I remember very clearly even saying "If you say you found it legitimately I take your word for it". It could've been left at that. The problem is you are a very dramatic guy and im not the first and most likely wont be the last player to recognize that. Things rub you the wrong way that are really just silly. You refused to build over by me because taterboy was close by and "Tater always modifies your builds" (from several months back).

Ultimately I harbor no ill feelings I am just disappointed you would take issue you had personally with me, blow it way out of proportion and then bring it to a public forum for some goold ol' fashioned drama. I would've expected this from possibly a 14 year old girl but not a grown man.

If you still have any other issues just shoot me a text message and we can hop on teamspeak and hash this out like a couple of grownups but I refuse to keep feeding drama on a public forum. I will leave it at that.
Dale

Post by Dale »

Spoiler
Show
Resaul wrote:Then I am sorry you took it as accusing but it is just what it is, a question that was asked that you could have simply answered yes or no to. I remember very clearly even saying "If you say you found it legitimately I take your word for it". It could've been left at that. The problem is you are a very dramatic guy and im not the first and most likely wont be the last player to recognize that. Things rub you the wrong way that are really just silly. You refused to build over by me because taterboy was close by and "Tater always modifies your builds" (from several months back).

Ultimately I harbor no ill feelings I am just disappointed you would take issue you had personally with me, blow it way out of proportion and then bring it to a public forum for some goold ol' fashioned drama. I would've expected this from possibly a 14 year old girl but not a grown man.

If you still have any other issues just shoot me a text message and we can hop on teamspeak and hash this out like a couple of grownups but I refuse to keep feeding drama on a public forum. I will leave it at that.
There isn't a need to flame me man. I'll have no part of it.
Resaul

Post by Resaul »

Planning on updating to newest version of btw tomorrow afternoon!
Resaul

Post by Resaul »

Server update complete and server back up and running :)
ItchyFlea

Re: Diamond Hills Resort - 4.89999999 Co-Op server

Post by ItchyFlea »

Just curious if there will be a new world when HC Villagers are released? I'm perfectly fine with that happening by the way.
I'm still rather absent of late, updates to other games I play have been what has stolen my free time. (Terraria 1.2 and Kerbal Space Program 0.22)

Sad to see Odie disappear. It was fun with you, I hope we'll meet again on a server in the future.
Also sad to see TaterBoy disappear, despite the fact that I was never on at the same time as he was. (I remember you from Benanov's server. Good times. :) )

Not really sure how to end this post... I will be back, and very soon. (Start of next week at the latest.)
Resaul

Post by Resaul »

ItchyFlea wrote:Just curious if there will be a new world when HC Villagers are released? I'm perfectly fine with that happening by the way.
I'm still rather absent of late, updates to other games I play have been what has stolen my free time. (Terraria 1.2 and Kerbal Space Program 0.22)

Sad to see Odie disappear. It was fun with you, I hope we'll meet again on a server in the future.
Also sad to see TaterBoy disappear, despite the fact that I was never on at the same time as he was. (I remember you from Benanov's server. Good times. :) )

Not really sure how to end this post... I will be back, and very soon. (Start of next week at the latest.)
Looking forward to your return IF :)

Btw tater is back :D
Elusivehawk

Post by Elusivehawk »

Sorry I've been off, bandwidth limitations and whatnot. (Also Terraria, but I find that as of 1.2, playing it is a bit like cutting yourself)

Would someone care to fill me in on what's going on atm?
TaterBoy

Post by TaterBoy »

Good to be back, and to see the mob trap expanding and growing more and more infernal with the passing of time. It's well on its way to becoming a fully automatic dung factory, and next on the agenda is an automatic leather tannery/sawmill.
Cthulhu for President: It's not the right choice, it's the only choice.
Resaul

Post by Resaul »

TaterBoy wrote:Good to be back, and to see the mob trap expanding and growing more and more infernal with the passing of time. It's well on its way to becoming a fully automatic dung factory, and next on the agenda is an automatic leather tannery/sawmill.
Woohoo! Sawmill makes life simple lol
Terus_

Post by Terus_ »

Just a heads up I'm still here. :P
I've been popping in every now and then but nobody else is online when I do so I don't stay for very long.
Still haven't been online as much as I'd like. I've been trying to finish games I got through steam sales and whatnot.
Resaul

Post by Resaul »

Terus_ wrote:Just a heads up I'm still here. :P
I've been popping in every now and then but nobody else is online when I do so I don't stay for very long.
Still haven't been online as much as I'd like. I've been trying to finish games I got through steam sales and whatnot.

Haha understand that Terus, I just got battlefield 4 so I have gotta burn out on that a bit, but I will be back on the server very soon myself.
Resaul

Post by Resaul »

I didnt realize the server was down part of the day! Sorry guys, its back up :)
Resaul

Re: Diamond Hills Resort - (recruiting ops) Co-Op server

Post by Resaul »

I am recruiting a couple of people to help admin the server as I am involved in other projects currently and cannot be on as much as I would like for the time being. If you wish to apply use the same email that you apply for whitelist and let me know your experience as an op, please be detailed.