Show us your builds!

A place to talk to other users about the mod.
Sockthing

Re: Show us your builds!

Post by Sockthing »

ion wrote:-snip-
very cute little houses :3
Rob wrote:Sock-ilocks then tried the momma bear's pixel size and thought that it was just right.
BTW Community SMP Server: Discord | Sock's Crops: Thread
odranoel

Post by odranoel »

so i recently decided to start a new world, (something iv been putting off for a bit now) but its been extremily
difficult for me to let go of my old world of over 1 and a half years. but alas i couldnt help but feel cheaty due to all
the early game changes. and with things like wheat and poptatoes now only being aquired through far off villages and gold
being required for things like gear boxes iv been realizing more and more that my world would be totaly diffrent if i had
started it the way BTW plays now.

so i figured to help me let go of my beloved world id give it one final showcase here on the build thread. i had posted a
few pics befor many months ago in another thread, but things have changed a lot since then. well, goodbye old friend!
here we go...

Warning, many large pics

First an overview of my base.
Spoiler
Show

the view from my balcony.
now for some close ups. Part1
Spoiler
Show
to the right is my auto saw mill, and the stone structure to the left was (i no longer use it) my manual pottery factory
(befor i learned to automate) on the first floor, and kiln with acompaning cruicibles on the second floor.

What base isnt comlpete without a nice little place to store your beloved canine companions! complete with companion
cubeing rejuvination services, and nice dung side yard for a lucky few to sit eternaly as you continusly ignor them.

Combination auto cow & pig farm, with basment green house for animal munchies.
closeups part 2
Spoiler
Show
White stone, auto chiken farm with egg producing and hatching capabilities.

Auto soul bottling plant with included millstone facilities. the windmill is actually no longer in use and remains just
for looks. the building is now powered via an under ground water wheel. Freakin rain! >.>

gota love them lightning rods.

Probably the most menacing looking contraption iv built

Dedicated stoked cruicible and cauldron buiding for mass production of matireals, 8 cruicibles and 8 cauldrons
respectivly.

Massive auto sugar cane farm. fully funcional but i never did finish the structure it self. unfortunatly theres many
incomplte buildings in my world ill probably never finish now.

My first windmill ever and long since abandonded, i never bothered to finish it even tho id pass by it constantly.
Now for the crown jewel of my world. the mansion.
Spoiler
Show

The upper floors are mostly empty and house facilities are on the first floor and basements, i just wanted to make
something that would look cool from afar. i got tired of comeing home to my little wooden shit shack ontop of the hill.
with the rest of my base getting more and more built up, the mansion was actually one of the last things i built. :p
basement storage levels 1 & 2
Spoiler
Show
next we have my white stone bridge, besides the mansion its probably the largest thing i have built.
Spoiler
Show
and finally the bridge takes us to none other then the all mighty mob grinder.
Spoiler
Show

Man, im guna miss these views. who dosnt love the wall of death? :p
phew! well thats about it, theres a few other buildings around but not much to look at as they are largely incomplete. i
hope you guys have enjoyed the pics, iv seen some amazing posts on here over the last couple years and its great to
finally contribute again. if any of you plan on starting a new world, be sure to show off your old one here first! :)

EDIT:to fix a few spoilers, they didnt work the way i thought they did.
Mud

Post by Mud »

Your solution for storage organization as well as your "floating" mob trap are really nice.
RalphKastro

Post by RalphKastro »

has anyone figured a way to farm bats? I've been trying for some time, but each try is a bigger failure
odranoel

Post by odranoel »

RalphKastro wrote:has anyone figured a way to farm bats? I've been trying for some time, but each try is a bigger failure
i think you should check out a certine spoiler thread about another certin thing we really shouldnt worry about.... ;)
FlowerChild
Site Admin

Post by FlowerChild »

...because bats spilling forth from bovine hootch is something you should most certainly never worry about.
Ribky

Post by Ribky »

FlowerChild wrote:...because bats spilling forth from bovine hootch is something you should most certainly never worry about.
I dunno man... that's pretty much all I worried about growing up on the farm. But I suppose that's what therapy is for.
The spice must flow...

[03:28] <Detritus_> Weird, I'm still logged in her
Mud

Post by Mud »

I started a fresh world with the latest version of BTW, and wanted to show you all my first settlement structure :]
Spoiler
Show
My modernistic house/chicken coop/mushroom farm. I finally had a skeleton shoot at me through the slabs last night, but typically mobs ignore it.

This is the narrow hallway going down into the structure, as entered from the left of the previous image.

My chicken coop, started from one chicken I frantically buried until I would come back ready to settle. They look happy, yes?

Opposite of the chicken coop is a trap door leading to my humble mushroom farm.

Before building my first structure, I dug out the side of a hill. When I no longer needed it I removed the torches and sealed it up, inadvertently making a very primitive mob farm for fishing bait, bones, ect.

Mud

Post by Mud »

A skeleton and spider spawned in my mushroom farm :[

If I dig a 2x2 corridor around my farm and keep it completely dark, will mobs prioritize spawning in there over spawning with the mushroom room?
EmptyNight

Post by EmptyNight »

Mud wrote:A skeleton and spider spawned in my mushroom farm :[

If I dig a 2x2 corridor around my farm and keep it completely dark, will mobs prioritize spawning in there over spawning with the mushroom room?
Light up the mushroom farm, they'll still grow as long as the torches are I believe over 2 spaces away from possible mushroom locations.
IGN: Strucon
FlowerChild
Site Admin

Post by FlowerChild »

Guys: off-topic. This isn't a general Q&A thread.
Zeeblosity

Post by Zeeblosity »

Hey, this is my farms. They are based upon vioki and charley's farm design. I think I went a bit overboard with the hemp.
Spoiler
Show
Last edited by Zeeblosity on Fri Nov 22, 2013 1:39 pm, edited 2 times in total.
DNoved1

Post by DNoved1 »

Zeeblosity wrote:...it took ages to get it all filled up and find carrots and potatoes.
Must've taken forever to type "carrot" into the search bar :3
Zeeblosity

Post by Zeeblosity »

DNoved1 wrote:Must've taken forever to type "carrot" into the search bar :3
nah, I didn't use creative to get them, just to take screenshots.
ion

Post by ion »

got some chunk border bugs that spoilered a massive mineshaft system underground so i just build this above ground. good for sniping witches with a bow also.
Spoiler
Show
Yhetti

Post by Yhetti »

I built a cage for a little experiment I started:
By the way I should also mention (so I don't get banned) that this is an actual game spoiler.
Spoiler
Show
Don't get too close to it....
Last edited by Yhetti on Mon Dec 02, 2013 1:17 am, edited 2 times in total.
gaga654

Post by gaga654 »

Sorry to be off topic, but what texture pack is that?
Yhetti

Post by Yhetti »

gaga654 wrote:Sorry to be off topic, but what texture pack is that?
I'm not sure if you're talking to me so I'll just answer you anyways. It's Vattic's with a few extras that I added in, I plan on releasing it when I find the time to actually finish all of the new better than wolves items in it.
thekyz

Post by thekyz »

Redesigned my windmill building after getting to the anvil stage, only aesthetic but it needed its place in my base !
Spoiler
Show
erikdk321

Post by erikdk321 »

Thats an interesting design for a windmill, i like it though.
-J-

Post by -J- »

I've never shared any of my builds (you haven't been missing much; I'm a lousy builder) but now that I've almost finished my base hut I thought I might as well.

From the outside
Spoiler
Show

The workshop
Spoiler
Show
Not much going on on this floor, just the saw and the millstone to the left.
Aaaaaand the gate to hell
Spoiler
Show
"In a closed society where everybody's guilty, the only crime is getting caught. In a world of thieves, the only final sin is stupidity."
Xaedblade

Post by Xaedblade »

I Love that stairway and nether portal gate setup! I usually put mine in a tower but that looks really cool!
erikdk321

Post by erikdk321 »

Agreed, portal on mountain=awesome
erikdk321

Post by erikdk321 »

Agreed, portal on mountain=awesome
-J-

Post by -J- »

I've yet to iron out some little details on the stairway such as putting some moss stone on it. I was thinking of building a railing on it as well but when I think about it it's actually a little more fitting without one, seeing as how dangerous the nether became a few 9's ago. The reason I put the portal on the mountain was to have it closer to the gods for good luck.
"In a closed society where everybody's guilty, the only crime is getting caught. In a world of thieves, the only final sin is stupidity."