Is 1.8 atm a BTW suicide?

A place to talk to other users about the mod.
Beerkeg

Is 1.8 atm a BTW suicide?

Post by Beerkeg »

hey guys after seeing some ss of 1.8 im exited about rivers and new map generation. I haven't updated yet but im curious.
If i upgrade to 1.8 it will break BTW right? just making sure before i do something i could regret :P

Nvm i noticed it was a leaked version.. no way im using that anyways
Last edited by Beerkeg on Tue Sep 13, 2011 8:01 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Deepsniper

Re: Is 1.8 atm a BTW suicide?

Post by Deepsniper »

Yes it'll break BTW
Stormweaver

Post by Stormweaver »

Just keep your 1.73 JAR handy. Playing 1.8 without mods is a...nice experience for a while, but it feels somehow empty without wolf chops.
PatriotBob wrote:Damn it, I'm going to go eat pumpkin pie while I still think that it tastes good.
gftweek

Post by gftweek »

You can test it easily without damaging your worlds or overwriting anything if you use something like Minecraft Profile Manager (can't find the original site for it), it allows you to switch between multiple installs of Minecraft, either on different versions or with different mods installed, and keeps all the saves and jars compartmentalised so there are no conflicts.

Then you can switch between testing 1.8 Pre-release and your 1.7.3 BTW setup.
grimper12341

Post by grimper12341 »

Or you can do it the easy way, and drag all the files in .minecraft to another backup folder. Run the launcher, it will download a new copy, install 1.8. Once you finished with 1.8 just put the old files back in :3