New Release! (BTW V4.89666)

A place to talk to other users about the mod.
icynewyear

Re: New Release! (BTW V4.89666)

Post by icynewyear »

IzBatt

Post by IzBatt »

I feel like I will soon be able to place candles everywhere! Great update FC, I always love what you add to the game.
"The people who started the war are the reason. And unless you fight to get rid of the reason, nothing will ever change. I fight to get rid of the reason."-Bart
FlowerChild
Site Admin

Post by FlowerChild »

Kezza wrote: Question: will bread come too?
MOTHER FUCKER!!!!!

Ok, I really don't know how I forgot bread with this past release. You have no idea how much it pains me to add something to my todo list at this late stage ;)
FlowerChild
Site Admin

Post by FlowerChild »

Ahem. Now that I've collected myself, thanks for all the good vibes guys, and excuse my all caps outburst :)

I had just woken up, was reading through the thread happy happy, then all of a sudden saw the evil "bread" word.

Considering bread was one of the primary reasons I decided to do Hardcore Baking in the first place, I suspect my neighbors can testify the caps were justified ;)
Thorium-232

Post by Thorium-232 »

Just watched Icy's video. That raw cookie block is genius.
Stormweaver wrote:Then you can just use the day/night cycle to separate out the adults, and put the kids in storage till you're ready to murder them.
Sockthing

Post by Sockthing »

dang! another great addition and I do not have a pc capable of running minecraft at the moment..
Rob wrote:Sock-ilocks then tried the momma bear's pixel size and thought that it was just right.
BTW Community SMP Server: Discord | Sock's Crops: Thread
Kezza

Post by Kezza »

FlowerChild wrote:
Kezza wrote: Question: will bread come too?
MOTHER FUCKER!!!!!

Ok, I really don't know how I forgot bread with this past release. You have no idea how much it pains me to add something to my todo list at this late stage ;)
You are welcome :)
FlowerChild
Site Admin

Post by FlowerChild »

Kezza wrote:You are welcome :)
Grrrrrr :)
FlowerChild
Site Admin

Post by FlowerChild »

Ok, emergency averted and bread added to Hardcore Baking for next release. I can now return to my usual "cheery" demeanor ;)
FlowerChild
Site Admin

Post by FlowerChild »

SterlingRed wrote:Man, you have no idea how happy I am for the piston fix pushing items correctly. Thanks for fixing vanilla issues that mojang deny exist!
Seriously? I didn't realize they denied the existence of that one.

It was actually rather straight forward. When pushing items, the piston head checks for collisions to determine if there are any items it is intersecting with and pushes them along.

The thing is, the bounding box for the head is rather thin (same as the visual area it occupies), and the piston moves rather fast, so it's possible for the bounding box to skip completely over items as it moves forward from one update to the next.

All I did was expand the size of the collision box to make it full block thickness while it's in motion (which is why pushing a full block with a sticky piston didn't have this issue). When I looked at the existing item pushing code while working on Hardcore Packing it was an instant "oh...that's why that bug occurs" moment (you see skipped collision problems like that a lot in game dev), so I just took a few minutes to fix it while I was in there :P
SterlingRed

Post by SterlingRed »

FlowerChild wrote:
SterlingRed wrote:Man, you have no idea how happy I am for the piston fix pushing items correctly. Thanks for fixing vanilla issues that mojang deny exist!
Seriously? I didn't realize they denied the existence of that one.
Well, perhaps its a stretch for me to state it that way. I don't know if they're aware of it or not or if they've refused it as a bug. Either way, their ignorance of the long existing bug that can easily be found with a tiny bit of play testing is not great and somewhat frustrating as I remember there was a lot of attention on piston related bugs by players back with the smp/ssp merge.