Ocelots somewhat rare? [possible spoilers]

A place to talk to other users about the mod.
johnt

Ocelots somewhat rare? [possible spoilers]

Post by johnt »

My (SMP) world seems to have no ocelots anywhere near spawn. Is there something that would cause them all to be killed? Do zombies or skeletons hunt them or something? I've never really bothered to go looking for them before, so I haven't paid attention much to mob behavior wrt to the cats before.
IzBatt

Re: Ocelots somewhat rare? [possible spoilers]

Post by IzBatt »

In my experience Ocelots are the same in BTW as in vanilla. Some jungle Biomes have tons and tons and sometimes you won't ever see one in a jungle. If you stick around a jungle though you will see them periodically.

I think the difference is just that jungles are so hard to traverse now that you can't explore them as easily.
"The people who started the war are the reason. And unless you fight to get rid of the reason, nothing will ever change. I fight to get rid of the reason."-Bart
Taleric

Post by Taleric »

They are out there:
Spoiler
Show
Try fresh jungle.
TallTyrionLannister

Post by TallTyrionLannister »

They are certainly not rare. My base is in a cleared out jungle biome and I see them running all over the place.
milkmandan

Post by milkmandan »

TallTyrionLannister wrote:They are certainly not rare. My base is in a cleared out jungle biome and I see them running all over the place.
Yes, clear out additional space in a jungle biome and you'll have a ton running around. They're more like mobs than animals in that they'll respawn and often, default jungle does not have many viable spawn locations.
FlowerChild wrote:
Ribky wrote:What did you do with bonemeal? And can I mix it with clay and smear it on myself for instant growth?
You'll be receiving an email soon with instructions on how to order my patented instant growth formula.