Friendly Coop BTW Server !

This is the place for SMP server threads, and for general server discussion.
Rob

Re: Friendly Coop BTW Server !

Post by Rob »

If anyone visits Hammersly, please go to the mineshaft and collect my gear, I should have known better than to use the elevator. I hardcored spawned in the middle of wolves, so I can't do anything except wait out the HCS timer and hope for better luck.
GalaxyTreader

Post by GalaxyTreader »

I went to Hammersly and gathered some stuff, unfortunately I couldn't get it all, so I threw some of the cobble away. I put all that I could gather in the chest labeled "Alex's Stuff" above the mineshaft. Hopefully nothing good was lost!
Floyper

Post by Floyper »

Has anyone else noticed that there
have been barely any Mobs spawning
lately. I don't see them at night and i
didn't see any when i went caving.
Rob

Post by Rob »

GalaxyTreader wrote:I went to Hammersly and gathered some stuff, unfortunately I couldn't get it all, so I threw some of the cobble away. I put all that I could gather in the chest labeled "Alex's Stuff" above the mineshaft. Hopefully nothing good was lost!
Thanks I appreciate it. I did have a lot of valuables. My own fault if I lost anything. On second thought, maybe I can sue the city of hammersly for pain and suffering. :-P
DiamondArms

Post by DiamondArms »

Rob wrote: Thanks I appreciate it. I did have a lot of valuables. My own fault if I lost anything. On second thought, maybe I can sue the city of hammersly for pain and suffering. :-P
The city of Hammersly has filed a formal apology for your pain, which has been lost in bureaucratic obfuscation and red tape. We wish you a happy day and safer suffering for all.

Well.....nuts. I forgot to add seats to the damn thing, didn't I. Problem is solved with a minecart. seriously. I'll need to get one track and minecart added to the elevator when I can. damn lack of sleep and time is not good for me.
ryoloth

Post by ryoloth »

Alright guys, so im just letting you know that i wont be on very much at all for the next couple weeks or so. with school and football draining all my energy i've been spending what little time i've had left writing a campaign for D&D. i will be in to check on things every once in a while though :)
"we haven't had a fight since the last one" -Atold 2016
Floyper

Post by Floyper »

I asked about Auto Pottery Systems earlier and i got a couple
responses but none of them were able to toggle What the Turntable
made, so i decided to design my own and it works pretty well.

View of Turntable, Piston, etc
Spoiler
Show
View of Item selection switches
Spoiler
Show
View of Redstone
Spoiler
Show
Closer view of Item Selection Redstone
Spoiler
Show
How it Works
Spoiler
Show
The first thing ill talk about is the Item selection Switches. They work
by activating a piston that pushes a block (The Non-Stone Bricks) over
a red stone torch. The torch powers a BD. The BD that makes Crucibles
has 1 Non-transparent block inside it. The one for the planter has a block
and 1 slab, the BD for Vases has a block and 2 slabs, following the pattern
Urns will have a block and 3 slabs and the mould will have a block and 4 slabs.
The next thing you will have to understand is how a turntable works. Every 8
times it rotates the state of the clay block changes. Therefore crucibles are 8
rotations, planters are 16 rotations and so on. The Buddy block is used to count
rotations. It powers a red stone torch that then powers the torches underneath
the BD, causing it to activate. Every time the full block comes up it powers the
single BD that has 7 slabs and 1 redstone torch inside. this means that if you
crucibles detected it will put the block out 8 times from 8 rotations and trigger the
single BD 8 times before the piston pushes the block into the Hopper. So the
planter will put out the block every 2 rotations meaning the torch wont
appear until 16 rotations. You can then run redstone from where the torch
will be placed to where the piston and Clay BD. the only thing you have to do is
put a 5 tick delay between the piston and Clay BD.

Things to Look out for/Disadvantages.
Spoiler
Show
Changing what the turntable makes can stuff it up.
You can either turn it quickly right after the BD places
a clay block or you can turn the current state off, wait
for the Clay to be reduced to clay balls and then select
a new item. But Not having something selected will turn
the machine off, so will running out of clay, so its best
to include a button that triggers the Clay BD, just select
a mode and press the button.
U need a Transparent block (or no block) where the Finished
state is pushed or the item wont pop off.
You might want to put blocks in front of the Clay BD and
buddy block or the clay wont always land on the hopper
Rob

Post by Rob »

That looks really complicated, nut. But it's functional and fun to look at. And that's all that matters. Glad you were able to figure it out. The lever selection is a nice touch. I'm currently too poor on redstone to build anything like that on the server. Sorry that my setup was stubborn and wouldn't work for you.
DiamondArms

Post by DiamondArms »

The production toggles were a nice touch.

In another time(MC 1.2.5), on another world(SSP World: BTW 1.2.5), when redstone was once plentiful and nether quartz did not exist, I once created a pottery factory using delay units to act instead of a timer. Basically, since each stage of pottery took the same time to shift from the current stage to the next, I had 4 delay units hooked up in series, with inserts at each delay unit to form a choice selection for pottery products. This was shortly before and around the time moulds were a pottery product.

Now that we're discussing autopottery, I'd like to recreate such a factory, but lack a proper delay circuit to use. the old one was approximate at best and often ended up with vases and moulds in the mix. If anyone can make a delay circuit to match 2 rotations on the turntable(preferably at 1st stage, but for the sake of efficiency and flexibility, any stage will do), I'd like to see some designs. I haven't had a mass demand for any form of pottery other than urns since beginning BTW, but since I plan to branch out into aesthetics eventually, as well as remembering the pottery line in old Gringo, I'd like to try my hand at making a flexible pottery factory.
EtherealWrath

Post by EtherealWrath »

I've always used a second turntable as a counter for the first.
From what I remember you can set the gear ratios so the pottery spinner rotates at twice the speed of the timer.
Phantom screams echo through the ruined facility
A horrible silence builds an eerie tranquility
The souls of many innocent fill the air
The hope they all died with scattered down there
DiamondArms

Post by DiamondArms »

EtherealWrath wrote:I've always used a second turntable as a counter for the first.
From what I remember you can set the gear ratios so the pottery spinner rotates at twice the speed of the timer.
While that would work for a normal factory, the BD connected to it can only support 1 type of pottery at a time and would need to be manually adjusted to make other types of pottery. I'm looking for a tileable module kind of delay circuit to hook up to a branch router/toggle to make mass production of any type of pottery feasible.
JakeZKAM

Post by JakeZKAM »

Sorry to say but my absence will be extended a bit more (maybe another week or so) so just a message to pips, go ahead and get started on whatever part of Dragonsreach you want man be it town, keep, or rich area.
Wafflewaffle

Post by Wafflewaffle »

ok ill try to make some stuff, probably going to start on the ship. Right now it looks like a big wooden board on ice... its buggin me.
Oh great, now nothing can stop the inbred train

Paradox Interactive:
CHOO CHOO!
JakeZKAM

Post by JakeZKAM »

Popped on for a bit and worked on the keep some, and feel free to change the ship however you want man, make sure its a longboat though :P

and and Ryo I saw what you've gotten done in Riverwood and... I freakin love it man c: I'm gonna have to steal that sawmill design for my smp world at some point hehe.
ryoloth

Post by ryoloth »

Haha thanks man, most of what is done is rob's work, but the sawmill is mine. feel free to steal the design :)
JakeZKAM

Post by JakeZKAM »

Well my thanks to rob as well then, I freaking love the great hall on top of the hill c: keep the heavily wood based theme too, it works well with the idea that its a woodcutting town.
ryoloth

Post by ryoloth »

JakeZKAM wrote: keep the heavily wood based theme too, it works well with the idea that its a woodcutting town.
That was our plan :) im glad you like what we are doing
EtherealWrath

Post by EtherealWrath »

If anyones in the nether tunnel between Sentarshedeen and the fortress- could you please rescue what's left of my stuff.

-Tunnel kinda got swamped by a rogue lava flow.
Phantom screams echo through the ruined facility
A horrible silence builds an eerie tranquility
The souls of many innocent fill the air
The hope they all died with scattered down there
DiamondArms

Post by DiamondArms »

To the guy(s) building Hammersly Nexus:

Great Job! I Like the architecture. Gives it a very developed feel.

I don't remember authorising the deconstruction of my rail line, though. I understand that part of it was in the way, but I'm missing the whole damn track now.

I'm also missing one obsidian for my portal. the numbskull who took it out forgot to put it back in.

I'm now stuck on my floating village out east due to the fool who whacked my home portal.

Ragequit for the night. Thanks a lot, guys...
ryoloth

Post by ryoloth »

*sigh* so i would just like to point out that the SFS factory in the maridran is now obsolete with the changes to SFS creation...... ah well i'm sure the double chest filled with the stuff should be enough to tide us over until the next factory build xD
DiamondArms

Post by DiamondArms »

ryoloth wrote:*sigh* so i would just like to point out that the SFS factory in the maridran is now obsolete with the changes to SFS creation...... ah well i'm sure the double chest filled with the stuff should be enough to tide us over until the next factory build xD
I'm sure if you can find someone to supply the flux it'll still function just fine.

Unfortunately I'm full on whitestone right now. I'll see about forwarding any later influx of flux to the factory.
Floyper

Post by Floyper »

DiamondArms wrote:To the guy(s) building Hammersly Nexus:

Great Job! I Like the architecture. Gives it a very developed feel.

I don't remember authorising the deconstruction of my rail line, though. I understand that part of it was in the way, but I'm missing the whole damn track now.

I'm also missing one obsidian for my portal. the numbskull who took it out forgot to put it back in.

I'm now stuck on my floating village out east due to the fool who whacked my home portal.

Ragequit for the night. Thanks a lot, guys...
Hey I made the Nexus.
I did need to remove a bit of the rail but i intended to put it back.
I just didnt get round to it. I'll fix it as soon as possible. As for the
Portal, I moved the Hammersly Portal but i didn't break a block? I can
Check it out and maybe fix it for you but i dont know where it is?
Floyper

Post by Floyper »

ryoloth wrote:*sigh* so i would just like to point out that the SFS factory in the maridran is now obsolete with the changes to SFS creation...... ah well i'm sure the double chest filled with the stuff should be enough to tide us over until the next factory build xD
If you or anyone ever feels like making a new SFS farm you're welcome to use Endstone from
my (Leteatdonut's) Endfarm. Productivity should increase as soon as i get some beacons set
up.
DiamondArms

Post by DiamondArms »

Floyper wrote: I did need to remove a bit of the rail but i intended to put it back.
I just didnt get round to it. I'll fix it as soon as possible. As for the
Portal, I moved the Hammersly Portal but i didn't break a block? I can
Check it out and maybe fix it for you but i dont know where it is?
It's due east of the Nexus, a.k.a. the direction the old Hammersly portal faced in the nether. If you have difficulty processing that, it's past the "empty slot" things from the central room.

I'm missing more than just part of the track. every rail except the one the minecart was sitting on is gone. The levers for powering rails are still there. The portal is in the same room as the minecart. It's missing one of the bottom obsidian. I only found out after finally moving my portal due to HCNTWA.

Are you the only one working on the Nexus? You should remember if you've broken or removed anything that other people use.
Last edited by DiamondArms on Tue Sep 17, 2013 11:07 am, edited 1 time in total.
Sockthing

Post by Sockthing »

Hey guys,
are we allowed to record episodes for youtube of what we do on this server? Are there any issues which need to be considered?
Like the chat?
Thanks in advance.
Rob wrote:Sock-ilocks then tried the momma bear's pixel size and thought that it was just right.
BTW Community SMP Server: Discord | Sock's Crops: Thread