RedPower and bellows

A place to talk to other users about the mod.
Seraph

RedPower and bellows

Post by Seraph »

I'm having a little trouble getting a bellows to work and I'm hoping someone here could help. I currently have BTW, BuildCraft, and RedPower installed. Instead of going through the trouble of setting up a turntable to power the gearbox I would use a RedPower timer to send a pulse every couple of seconds. Problem is it doesnt seem to work.

The bellow is connected to a gearbox which is connected to a water wheel and I know this is working because the bellow contracts when it's all connected. The timer works because the last few bits of redstone wire flicker every few seconds. However when the redstone connects to the gearbox nothing changes, it continues powering without a pause. I've tried multiple attempts at connecting the redstone to the gearbox but have so far been unsuccessful.

Any ideas would be appreciated.
Tekei

Re: RedPower and bellows

Post by Tekei »

I don't know how RedPower works (I'm only using BTW) but maybe the pulse is too short not giving the bellows enough time to contract?
Brethern

Post by Brethern »

To my knowledge to get a bellows to pump via a gear box and automated using redstone requires four redstone repeaters at max delay. That's about four seconds per pulse if my math is correct.
Stormweaver

Post by Stormweaver »

The redstone pulse needs to be 0.5 second long at minimum for the bellows to have time to refill themselves.
PatriotBob wrote:Damn it, I'm going to go eat pumpkin pie while I still think that it tastes good.
TyberAlyx

Post by TyberAlyx »

Put a toggle latch in front of the pulse that way it turns on and off. The toggle latch doesn't need any amount of time, once it receives a pulse, it automatically switches. That way you could just set the pulse time to fit your needs.
BigShinyToys

Post by BigShinyToys »

Spoiler
Show
You want to Create a Square wave Pictured in blue With a Frequency of about 0.5Hz oscillation
So the above solution of a timer connected to a Flip Flop would probably be best.
grimper12341

Post by grimper12341 »

BigShinyToys wrote:
Spoiler
Show
You want to Create a Square wave Pictured in blue With a Frequency of about 0.5Hz oscillation
So the above solution of a timer connected to a Flip Flop would probably be best.
.... <.<
Ferrus.Manus

Post by Ferrus.Manus »

There's also an easy if more space-consuming solution of using a turntable.
Seraph

Post by Seraph »

Ferrus.Manus wrote:There's also an easy if more space-consuming solution of using a turntable.
The point of all this is to avoid the turntable. If I use a turntable I need mechanical power to the turntable in addition to redstone, this means more resources spent on this and more space being needed for it.

With this setup I only need 1 gearbox and 3 axles.
Thieme

Post by Thieme »

The pulse from the timer is to short for the gearbox to notice just use a few repeaters at max setting to lengthen the pulse
Seraph

Post by Seraph »

TyberAlyx wrote:Put a toggle latch in front of the pulse that way it turns on and off. The toggle latch doesn't need any amount of time, once it receives a pulse, it automatically switches. That way you could just set the pulse time to fit your needs.
Works perfectly thanks to the Toggle Latch. For anyone else that wants to try this a few tips RedPower insulated wire can not connect to the gearbox but will connect to vanilla redstone wire so just make the last piece redstone and it works perfectly. Also insulated wire wont change the state of redstone torches.
Gilberreke

Post by Gilberreke »

Seraph wrote:Works perfectly thanks to the Toggle Latch. For anyone else that wants to try this a few tips RedPower insulated wire can not connect to the gearbox but will connect to vanilla redstone wire so just make the last piece redstone and it works perfectly. Also insulated wire wont change the state of redstone torches.
Then you're not using the mod right. Read up a bit. To power blocks you need the regular non-insulated wire to run up the side of the block, which can be connected to the insulated wire running up to it.

Play around with it a little
Come join us at Vioki's Discord! discord.gg/fhMK5kx
fullsailor

Post by fullsailor »

The RedPower Sequencer block is more of a direct substitute to the Turntable. Mine is set to 500ms per side and is humming along nicely.
Spoiler
Show