Friendly Coop BTW Server !

This is the place for SMP server threads, and for general server discussion.
Sockthing

Re: Friendly Coop BTW Server !

Post by Sockthing »

Hey guys, I now finally have holidays and will probably get on more often now :)
Rob wrote:Sock-ilocks then tried the momma bear's pixel size and thought that it was just right.
BTW Community SMP Server: Discord | Sock's Crops: Thread
ryoloth

Post by ryoloth »

Alrighty, designs for the sawmill are done, once i get it built i will post screenies :)
"we haven't had a fight since the last one" -Atold 2016
pfc calico

Post by pfc calico »

sorry not been on in a long time guys, i have been periodically trying to log on as some may have noticed, i have not been ignoring you when i have come on. I have really poor internet, 1 meg at best (off peak times) and trying to connect to canada from UK is too much for my telephone broadband. i will keep trying but if you dont see me for a while i will just stay active on forums and take me off whitelist. look forward to what comes next. also ryo i have died at the mob farm so there is some iron armour and a battleaxe somewhere there.
Floyper

Post by Floyper »

I posted a response a while ago about a friend wishing to play BTW
unfortunately he had a mac and i had had to go to his place and
install it for him which i have just managed to do.
Ign: Kingmonzo
Experience: Zilch, i intend to guide him through the game
until he can play for himself.
ryoloth

Post by ryoloth »

As long as he follows the rules he is welcome :) I'll get on and whitelist him real fast for you :)
"we haven't had a fight since the last one" -Atold 2016
Floyper

Post by Floyper »

I'm pleased to announce that my enderfarm is new and improved.
No tools required, just make sure to bring plenty of food. The farm
uses a system where the enderman fall and land on half a heart, you
can then go around and punch them to death. 1 punch will kill 1 enderman.
As long as you don't jump off or get too close to the enderman killing platform
you should never die. the whole enderfarm is coated in water and the inside is
never 3 blocks tall. As long as you have sufficient food you can get 30 levels
in less than 5 minutes. Enderfarm Facilities include storage chests, community
trading chests, an item burner, a kill mode (enderman die when they land) and
the newly added Enchantment area that has a full infernal enchanter and 2
enchanters, one with 15 bookshelves one with 30. Future facilities include
something to pass the time while waiting for the Enderman to spawn.
DiamondArms

Post by DiamondArms »

Good job on "improving" the enderfarm. It's definitely better, I suppose.

To it's patrons, enjoy fisting the endermen. If you're going for an infernal enchantment, especially the higher level ones, bring a stack or more of Hearty stews. You'll need them.

now, back to writhing and frothing over the need to punch things to death...
SerraNova

Post by SerraNova »

How do we get to your enderman farm? I would dearly love some spectacles!

Also, Hi everyone. I haven't posted here yet, but it's been nice to meet many of you online and I'm enjoying the server!
Floyper

Post by Floyper »

SerraNova wrote:How do we get to your enderman farm? I would dearly love some spectacles!

Also, Hi everyone. I haven't posted here yet, but it's been nice to meet many of you online and I'm enjoying the server!
Nice meeting you too. As soon as youre in the end u spawn in a room with a door on every side, 1 door will say "Leteatdonut's Enderfarm."
Just got hrough the door and step on the Tp Plate and youll be tped to the endfarm. Wires farm is a bit slower, and i have to say a bit more
dangerous but its an afk farm so you don't have to punch em to death. From my farm (leteatdonut) you can go to the bottom floor and take
a tp back to the end spawn room.
DiamondArms

Post by DiamondArms »

Floyper wrote:and i have to say a bit more
dangerous
Gonna have to ask. How is it more dangerous? You never have to go anywhere near the endermen. Only way I can think of is that someone was silly enough to go stare at the dropzone.

I suppose enderproofing the entrance zone is simple enough. I'll look into it. I still don't think it's more dangerous.

*snirk* you'd think having to go up close and punch endermen would be more dangerous...
Rob

Post by Rob »

You two sure take any chance you can to stab at each other. Just an outside observation. Carry on.
DiamondArms

Post by DiamondArms »

Rob wrote:You two sure take any chance you can to stab at each other. Just an outside observation. Carry on.
Hm. We don't agree on certain designs. That much is true. after that is all personal perception.

As for this particular disagreement, I'm not against the changes he's made to his enderfarm. I think it's great. I've just always disliked the need to punch things to death. It's, in my opinion, a waste of food. I think his farm is working excellently and perfectly fine. It's not a farm style I like, but he's done a good job on it.

Edit:
Okay, I'm going to fully clarify my opinion on this.

If you're capable of automating it, I think you should.

Automation means not needing to focus on it while you do other things. You could spend that time doing other things more productive. In this case, I've made my enderfarm so that I could easily wait there without worrying about when the next enderman comes down. There are no "two settings" to it. It's just "kill mode". Drops are sorted, exp is filtered without issue. No thinking "I need to punch endermen". Just wait.

If punching endermen is your thing, I'm not gonna stop you or flame you for doing so. I just think it's inconvenient. That and I had to do the whole fisting thing after HC knockback came out. Running joke and all.
JakeZKAM

Post by JakeZKAM »

So I thought I'd just let people know, but I am currently A. Getting the keep ship shape and B. Leaving lots of little (and maybe a few big ;) ) surprises on the new map for worthy adventurers to find. Enjoy my friends :D
EtherealWrath

Post by EtherealWrath »

Does Alex still visit the server?

I was wondering if I could build a road between his base and mine
(My portal kinda merged with the his, its a bit of walk back each time).
-Nothing too heavy mind; just dirt slabs and some torches
Phantom screams echo through the ruined facility
A horrible silence builds an eerie tranquility
The souls of many innocent fill the air
The hope they all died with scattered down there
Rob

Post by Rob »

A simple road is fine. I haven't been able to play lately. Ill be back when I can find the time. :-(
PK_420

Post by PK_420 »

Well, since it seems that the support for BoP is fading away,
I'd prefer letting you know that I'll be removing this part of the world soon,
Don't worry, you'll have plenty of time to move your stuff to a new place if you settled there.

I strongly recommend you not to build in there until further notice..
I'll be closing the portal probably by the end of the week..

Starting from the next BTW update, we will be returning to a simple BTW experience,
You will still be able to navigate in the BoP Chunk to get your stuff..
But you may experience chunk errors (vanilla chunks spawning between what's already existing)

I'm really sorry for the disappointment it may cause,
The only other choice was to stay stuck with an old version of BTW, But I like too much what FC does to miss his new updates...
JakeZKAM

Post by JakeZKAM »

Er I already have a lot of work done on a dungeon I was making there, is there any way we could port it somwhere so I could keep working on it/make it an adventure map?
Floyper

Post by Floyper »

Anyone got a good design for An Automatic Pottery Machine?
Links, Pictures, Videos?
DiamondArms

Post by DiamondArms »

Floyper wrote:Anyone got a good design for An Automatic Pottery Machine?
Links, Pictures, Videos?
Autopottery!
Show
I've got something like this set up at Tobukasai already. It's very simple and relatively space saving.
1st image is layout. 2nd image shows the turntable settings.

Explanation:
BD/Turntable timer. Turntable B(on the left) is the timer. Turntable A(on the right) is the potter. Turntable B is on 2nd setting, so it makes 1 revolution for every 2 revolutions Turntable A makes. This is important, as it is fundamental to how the BD timer works. The BD at the back is a counter, to count how many stages the pottery goes through. 1 stage = 2 revolutions = change in product. The counter BD contains 1 RS torch and 1 unique block for every stage you want. I'm assuming you want urns, so that's 4 stages, 4 different blocks to count. The BD in front is for clay, which can be hopperfed if you want to.
I used 2 repeaters for control purposes, but you can use 1 without issues(I think).
you will need to encase the whole thing in solid blocks if you want to retain all the clay. non-solids tend to let clay fly out.

Word of warning:
Clay globs coming off the potter tend to fly off through non-solids and into any of the spaces around and above the potter. This includes the space above the clay BD and the piston. encase carefully to ensure clay stays within machinery.
If you want to sift out the clay globs from the pottery, add a ladder filter to the collection hopper and a piston on the side to push the unfired pottery to another collection area. you may also want to move the collection hopper lower to make this easier.
Floyper

Post by Floyper »

This is a good design for a Urn Pottery System but
i was kinda looking for one that could be changed to
produce everything else easily.
I assume that the Gearboxes are just a building block
and are not necessary?
Last edited by Floyper on Thu Aug 29, 2013 4:19 am, edited 1 time in total.
DiamondArms

Post by DiamondArms »

Floyper wrote:That's perfect for what i intended.
I assume that the Gearboxes are just a building block
and are not necessary?
besides the ones powering the turntables, yeah. It was convenient to just use them instead of other blocks since they were on my hotbar anyway. I tend to mess around with many materials at once, so I use GBs as regular blocks as well to free up a slot for other materials.
Rob

Post by Rob »

Floyper wrote:This is a good design for a Urn Pottery System but
i was kinda looking for one that could be changed to
produce everything else easily.
Here is what I put together after using Noir's Compact design as a guide. (His no longer works because of Mojang breaking redstone's old mechanics.)

Items you will need: 11 Restone Dust, 3 Redstone Torches, 3 Redstone Repeaters, 3 Block Dispensers, 2 Sticky Pistons, 1 BUD block, 1 Turntable, 1 Slab and mechanical power.
Front End Layout
Show
1=Block Dispenser for clay.
2=Block Dispenser timing the Turntable.(Contains 1 Redstone Torch and 8 unique blocks.)
*I used 8 different colored wool slabs. But it doesn't matter as long as it's 8 unique blocks and not a redstone item.*
3=Block Dispenser timing the Pottery stages.
*Just a torch is the first stage and will give you a Crucible. Add one unique block per stage; (0 for Crucible) 1 for Planter, 2 for Vase, 3 for Urn, 4 for Mould.*
Back End Layout
Show
Overhead Redstone Layout
Show
The repeater sitting on the top half slab is to power both the sticky pistons.(Top half off the botton piston.)
Rob

Post by Rob »

Wire, I hope you don't mind, I went ahead and updated the Hammersly Workshop.
Spoiler
Show
We now have an Auto Pottery, the wiring goes outside, so we will have to enclose it, maybe a shed-type structure.
And an Auto Saw, the timing on it is a little wonky because I have it set off a BUD pulse that uses the Bellows as a source, but it still works.
I broke the Auto Kiln, it's no longer wired up. I'll work on that next time I'm on if you don't get to it first.
DiamondArms

Post by DiamondArms »

Rob wrote:Wire, I hope you don't mind, I went ahead and updated the Hammersly Workshop.
Spoiler
Show
We now have an Auto Pottery, the wiring goes outside, so we will have to enclose it, maybe a shed-type structure.
And an Auto Saw, the timing on it is a little wonky because I have it set off a BUD pulse that uses the Bellows as a source, but it still works.
I broke the Auto Kiln, it's no longer wired up. I'll work on that next time I'm on if you don't get to it first.
(insert exclamation of choice here), I think you've done a fantastic job. Not ideal, but definitely a good job. I'll try to get a look at it when I can. unfortunately, most of my time was spent trying to understand why Tobukasai is broken, due to HCNTWA. I'll check in on Hammersly eventually. Props to you. If you need a fix, I'm pretty sure the mill's pulse generator works. I did get it to work for the autosaw there.
Rob

Post by Rob »

DiamondArms wrote:(insert exclamation of choice here), I think you've done a fantastic job. Not ideal, but definitely a good job. I'll try to get a look at it when I can. unfortunately, most of my time was spent trying to understand why Tobukasai is broken, due to HCNTWA. I'll check in on Hammersly eventually. Props to you. If you need a fix, I'm pretty sure the mill's pulse generator works. I did get it to work for the autosaw there.
Thanks, for how long I've been playing BTW, that's the first time I've set up an auto anything. Was fun figuring it out, and by fun, I mean really frustrating when it didn't work. lol

The timer for the old saw was recycled into this setup. As far as the pulse goes, I corrected it last night, it's a smoother pulse and seems to be working fine now. I tried hooking the Auto Kiln up to the circuit, but It needs a longer delay to finish cooking metals, so I'll be working on that today.

A side note about HCNTWA, all your wolves are evil since they are sitting directly above the portal room. I can't move them because I'm not their master, well, I can move them, with slabs and such, maybe I'll set up a room for them far away from everything else.. Your sheep/cow pen seems to be fine though. I might go out and get pigs for your pen, too. A long list of things to do for the town.