From the creators of SpaceChem... Ironclad Tactics

This forum is for anything that doesn't specifically have to do with Better Than Wolves
Shengji

From the creators of SpaceChem... Ironclad Tactics

Post by Shengji »

It's an alternative history steampunk American civil war game and is due out on September 18th. Its a real time card game and I'll be honest, I wouldn't have given it a second glance until I realised who the devs were.

7 months, 37 different border checks and counting.
DaveYanakov

Re: From the creators of SpaceChem... Ironclad Tactics

Post by DaveYanakov »

I saw the announcement for this one awhile back and look forward to seeing how it plays
Better is the enemy of Good
Sarudak
Site Admin

Post by Sarudak »

Interesting. A real time CCG. I wonder how that will work. I remember seeing this at PAX last year and now I regret I didn't try playing it.
FlowerChild
Site Admin

Post by FlowerChild »

Errrrrr....why do I sense a little "All right, you ripped off the idea for Minecraft and got rich, now I'm going to rip off your idea for scrolls" in this :)
Gunnerman21

Post by Gunnerman21 »

Who is the dev for this game?... I searched around but I don't have a clue who Zach is or what he worked on before this
Spoiler
Show
I am... THE TAXI MAN.
FlowerChild
Site Admin

Post by FlowerChild »

Gunnerman21 wrote:Who is the dev for this game?... I searched around but I don't have a clue who Zach is or what he worked on before this
His most notable game is SpaceChem which can be found on Steam. He also made the game which inspired Minecraft, Infiniminer, which is what I was talking about above. He dropped Infiniminer during development because he had written it in unobfuscated Java and thus people were creating versions left and right out of it. Minecraft was then born, and given its success, that must have been a very tough pill to swallow.

If you don't know SpaceChem, definitely check it out. It's on my "must play" list from the past couple of years, and I still go back to it every now and then when I have a craving. It was one of the most original game designs I have seen in a very long time.

He's mostly known for doing small technically inclined games that are intellectually stimulating. IMO, the guy is really a design genius when it comes to inventing new forms of gameplay, but seems to lack the ability or desire to make them mass market.
Wafflewaffle

Post by Wafflewaffle »

FlowerChild wrote:Errrrrr....why do I sense a little "All right, you ripped off the idea for Minecraft and got rich, now I'm going to rip off your idea for scrolls" in this :)
I dont know man CCG are incredibly popular this days, even Blizzard is doing one called Heathstone and it looks like its doing really well (you know cuz its Blizzard)
Oh great, now nothing can stop the inbred train

Paradox Interactive:
CHOO CHOO!
Gilberreke

Post by Gilberreke »

Oh wow, another game, that man is a beast. Will have to check it out.
Come join us at Vioki's Discord! discord.gg/fhMK5kx