Hemp Issues

A place to talk to other users about the mod.
Camerinthus

Hemp Issues

Post by Camerinthus »

Hi, I haven't played this mod for a while (since about a month after hardcore buckets) and I recently got back into playing Minecraft. Obviously other people aren't having issues but my hemp does not want to grow past the first block. After waiting over a week of ingame time, it still refuses to grow any farther. I've looked on the wiki, searched the forum, and cannot find anything wrong that I'm not already doing. There are no blocks above it (it's above ground), it is next to water, the second part just won't grow.

Here's a picture, hopefully you can help. I don't know a better place to post this since it's not a bug report AFAIK, I'm assuming it's something on my end.
Spoiler
Show
IGN: Camerinthus
Stormweaver

Re: Hemp Issues

Post by Stormweaver »

A single hemp plant isn't a very good way to represent it's growth speed to be honest, as you could just be very unlucky.
PatriotBob wrote:Damn it, I'm going to go eat pumpkin pie while I still think that it tastes good.
Gabecraft1234

Post by Gabecraft1234 »

A few releases ago FC decreased the hemp grow rate. That combined with a little bad luck is probably the reason.

Possible solutions:

1. plant more hemp . . . durrrr

2. use light blocks to speed up the growth rate.
FlowerChild
Site Admin

Post by FlowerChild »

Poor little Hemp plant looks so lonely :(
Camerinthus

Post by Camerinthus »

FlowerChild wrote:Poor little Hemp plant looks so lonely :(
That is my only hemp seed going to work there, I'm still not used to hardcore spawning and getting a sustainable food source either so that little guy's all I have. None of the responses as of yet seem to say that I'm doing anything wrong. I don't know how much you apparently decreased the growth rate by, but over a week of game days seems too long. I guess I'll have to use my precious iron hoe and get some more hemp seeds.
IGN: Camerinthus
FlowerChild
Site Admin

Post by FlowerChild »

Yup, that's one option. Bone meal is another.
DreamsofFury

Post by DreamsofFury »

I have two farms, one JUST started with only 4 plants in it, and another massive field, I harvest the 4 maybe once every 6 or so game days while the massive field I can harvest at least every 2 days....so I'm sure that might have something to do with it.
Jesar

Post by Jesar »

You should grow more plants. I too thought you could start with one plant and expand exponentially from there. It takes too long to be worth it.
myrkana

Post by myrkana »

ive actually had plants sit there for 1 week mc days and grow one or two staged when i get really unlucky, go around hitting grass and youll eventually get another seed, plant it , repeat. that one will pop up soon
Rawr :D
DaveYanakov

Post by DaveYanakov »

Plant growth is based on a periodic lottery rather than time. While statistically unlikely it is possible to leave minecraft running for a year without your plant growing. You only two options are to either buy more lottery tickets or rig the game in your favor with a bribe.
Better is the enemy of Good