[1.5.2] [4.891124] Biomes O' Plenty 0.1.3 - BTW Edition

This sub-forum is dedicated to add-ons and texture packs for Better Than Wolves.
Adubbz

Re: [1.5.2] [4.891] Biomes O' Plenty 0.0.9 - BTW Edition

Post by Adubbz »

Gueroap11 wrote:
Adubbz wrote:
Spoiler
Show
Okay, the patcher is ready to test folks! However, it only comes in Windows and OSX flavours as i don't have Linux, nor do i want to setup a VM for it.

OSX: http://www.mediafire.com/download/le1el ... darwin.zip
Windows: http://www.mediafire.com/download/58wg2 ... -win32.zip

Also, this version may/may not fix the issues with world gen freezing. If it does, give your thanks to Pfilson, if not, then there's another bug to catch :/

To use it, follow these instructions:

1. Make a folder called 'btw' inside the unzipped folder
2. Place the BTW zip file inside the previously created 'btw' folder
3. Run patchbtw
4. Use the outputted BTWMod-BOP-Patched.zip file in the created patchedzip folder as you would as if it was just installing BTW regularly.

Apologies if that was slightly confusing, if it is and you can't work it out yourselves, let me know and i'll see what i can do about adding some pictures or something to explain it better.

PLEASE let me know of any bugs with either versions, they are extremely experimental and i want to make sure they work well before making them into what's actually distributed.

Also, if anybody notices it, i *may* have messed with the start up message in the console as a bit of a proof-of-concept thing with being able to patch classes that FC also has touched.

EDIT: One thing to note, Nitepistol mentioned that avast antivirus was reporting false positives for the Windows version, not sure if this will be the case for other antiviruses (I know mine was fine about it) but you may have to temporarily disable it.
Followed instructions to a tee, I end up with no patch zip. The console shows for a few seconds then disappears quickly. I can see that the patcher found the btw zip because the contents are in the temp folder. I'm sure that the console is showing an error but it close before I can read it.
I'd suggest updating Java to the latest version if you havn't already (that's the only external dependancy) and if that doesn't work, let me know which file you downloaded and what OS you have and we'll have to go from there.
Calo290

Post by Calo290 »

Also make sure your anti-virus isn't blocking the patcher. Mine had to run twice, once in the anti-virus "sandbox" and another after I approved it.
Gueroap11

Post by Gueroap11 »

Adubbz wrote:I'd suggest updating Java to the latest version if you havn't already (that's the only external dependancy) and if that doesn't work, let me know which file you downloaded and what OS you have and we'll have to go from there.
Well I'm running Java 7 p25 x64, Windows 7 x64. I know java is installed correctly, minecraft runs great.

I managed to get a screenshot of it.

Sarelth

Post by Sarelth »

What am I missing that needs a patcher? Little confused.
CycloneSP wrote:The sun! it burns!!! Oh wait, that is just the aura of awesomeness coming off of FC. <puts on shades> Ah, much better.
Pfilson

Post by Pfilson »

Sarelth wrote:What am I missing that needs a patcher? Little confused.
Everything!
Kinda kidding..
This probably should have been numbered 0.0.10 or something, but in order to be able to make base class edits to files that FC may have already edited Adubbz has switched to an executable that makes a patched zip file instead of just providing the code.

So basically this patches the BTW zip to make a BTW with BoP zip and is how future versions are likely to be packaged.
Sarelth

Post by Sarelth »

I see. That does explain, though looking through the thread I still did not find said patcher. Though I have been having a bad day, so I may have just skimmed over it.

Nvm, I see it up there at the top of the page... Well a quote that has it at least.

Question, do I still need to install the BoP zip file into the jar, I use McPatcher btw. Because i am not getting any of the BoP Biomes.
CycloneSP wrote:The sun! it burns!!! Oh wait, that is just the aura of awesomeness coming off of FC. <puts on shades> Ah, much better.
Adubbz

Post by Adubbz »

Sarelth wrote:I see. That does explain, though looking through the thread I still did not find said patcher. Though I have been having a bad day, so I may have just skimmed over it.

Nvm, I see it up there at the top of the page... Well a quote that has it at least.

Question, do I still need to install the BoP zip file into the jar, I use McPatcher btw. Because i am not getting any of the BoP Biomes.
You need to select the BOP worldtype from the same place you would change the worldtype to Large Biomes or Superflat.
Adubbz

Post by Adubbz »

Gueroap11 wrote:
Adubbz wrote:I'd suggest updating Java to the latest version if you havn't already (that's the only external dependancy) and if that doesn't work, let me know which file you downloaded and what OS you have and we'll have to go from there.
Well I'm running Java 7 p25 x64, Windows 7 x64. I know java is installed correctly, minecraft runs great.

I managed to get a screenshot of it.

Quite baffled on this one, no idea why it's referencing files on my computer :O Although, are you sure it's not something to do with an antivirus? Especially if these folks have had it run fine. Also, perhaps try redownloading as well.
Pfilson

Post by Pfilson »

Sarelth wrote: Question, do I still need to install the BoP zip file into the jar, I use McPatcher btw. Because i am not getting any of the BoP Biomes.
Yes you use the patched zip much like you would use the BTWMod4-xxx.zip with mc patcher.

Note: you only need the patched zip
Sarelth

Post by Sarelth »

Thanks, been a long week, brain is a bit fried. I will figure things out someday. Than I may just take over the world..... Or more likely go back to bed...

Just tested, No BoP Gene type in the options. Will try to reinstall though, may have pooched something in the process.
Sorry for the derpiness..

Seems I am still doing something wrong.
I patched the file. Moved it to my BTW version folder, renamed it, then I use McPatcher to install Btw and the BoP zip.
No BoP option in world gen still.

Figured it out, McPatcher output the BoP build as Minecraft.jar not BTW.jar, it is now working as it should. Yay for caffiene.

It does seem to be locking up on World build though. Had that issue before also, sometimes if I restart MC it finishes the world, sometimes it does not.
utakataJ6

Post by utakataJ6 »

I'm currently using the add-on with absolutely no trouble. With my updated version of the John Smith TP, it looks beyond gorgeous.

It's amazing how some of these biomes balance themselves for better than wolves. For exampe, the Savanna biome, or whatever has lots of tall skinny trees with one forked branch - unbelievably easy to see animals, and lots of grass for hemp seeds, yet the grass slows you down, mobs can hide during the day, and it's difficult to find cave entrance unless you literally fall into them.
Love it.
morvelaira:
Not all Minecraft players have stamped down the knee-jerk, lawful-good Superman reaction yet. We do hold a rather high proportion of the enlightened on these forums ;)
flowerchild:
Not to mention a mod that trains the player to be rather morally ambivalent ;)
Pfilson

Post by Pfilson »

Sarelth wrote: It does seem to be locking up on World build though. Had that issue before also, sometimes if I restart MC it finishes the world, sometimes it does not.
Any specific seeds that consistently do this?

Glad you were able to get the install figured out though.
Gueroap11

Post by Gueroap11 »

Adubbz wrote:Quite baffled on this one, no idea why it's referencing files on my computer :O Although, are you sure it's not something to do with an antivirus? Especially if these folks have had it run fine. Also, perhaps try redownloading as well.
Don't know what to do or say. I completely uninstalled my antivirus and redownloaded the patcher; still getting the same error.
Pfilson

Post by Pfilson »

Gueroap11 wrote:
Adubbz wrote:Quite baffled on this one, no idea why it's referencing files on my computer :O Although, are you sure it's not something to do with an antivirus? Especially if these folks have had it run fine. Also, perhaps try redownloading as well.
Don't know what to do or say. I completely uninstalled my antivirus and redownloaded the patcher; still getting the same error.
Try copying it out to its own folder outside of your user directory (eg. C:\BoP\) just to make sure it's not a path/permissions issue. Possibly try running it as an administrator? And you have BTWMod4-891.zip in a btw folder?

Also if you run it from a command prompt it might be easier to see what is going on.
Gueroap11

Post by Gueroap11 »

Pfilson wrote:Try copying it out to its own folder outside of your user directory (eg. C:\BoP\) just to make sure it's not a path/permissions issue. Possibly try running it as an administrator? And you have BTWMod4-891.zip in a btw folder?

Also if you run it from a command prompt it might be easier to see what is going on.
First I wanna thank the both of you for all the help, I really love the mod which is why I'm trying everything to get it to work.

Unfortunately copying it outside of the user dir didn't work, ran it as admin (using both r-c run as admin and the properties option).
I do have the btw zip in a btw folder, theres even a btwtemp subfolder with the extracted files (that the program created).

The tip about running in cmd is genius, I can see the error without it closing immediately.
Sarelth

Post by Sarelth »

I actually tried the Seeds:

Beer
Mists

and had it lock up on a random seed also.
Pfilson

Post by Pfilson »

Gueroap11 wrote:Unfortunately copying it outside of the user dir didn't work, ran it as admin (using both r-c run as admin and the properties option).
I do have the btw zip in a btw folder, theres even a btwtemp subfolder with the extracted files (that the program created).

The tip about running in cmd is genius, I can see the error without it closing immediately.
Can you delete everything in the folder
Unzip the patcher again and copy over the BTW zip.
Then run it in cmd again and let us know what it says.
Sarelth wrote:I actually tried the Seeds:
Beer
Mists
Thanks I'll give those a look!

Edit: -snipped-
Mesh

Post by Mesh »

I'm not sure if you guys know or not but the patcher doesn't seem to be working with the new version of BTW 4.8911, I see the title of the thread says 4.891 of course, but I know some BTW addons tend to work through versions and I wasn't sure if you made your patcher with future BTW updates in mind or not. Anyway I just thought I'd post to let you know in case you didn't already :)
Gueroap11

Post by Gueroap11 »

Pfilson wrote:Can you delete everything in the folder
Unzip the patcher again and copy over the BTW zip.
Then run it in cmd again and let us know what it says.
Thats what I did when I moved it out of the user dir, deleted and unzipped the patcher and replaced the btw zip. Still no go.

Welp, its something specifically wrong with my computer. I just ran the patcher on my laptop and it worked flawlessly.
I guess I'll just have to use that method from now on. I just wish I could figure out what it is exactly that is causing the problem.
myrkana

Post by myrkana »

i was told i might wanna mention these to you as I discovered these two things while playing:

1. With HCS I spawned on a volcano once, apparently this isn't supposed to happen at all?
2. when looking a t a volcano i noticed some pieces of coal reflected 1st stratifaction instead of the same strat as the rest of the volcano.

neither one is particularly game breaking or anything just two small volcano type things i noticed ^^
Rawr :D
FlowerChild
Site Admin

Post by FlowerChild »

I grant permission to the Biomes O' Plenty team to decompile and reverse engineer Better Than Wolves solely for the purposes of developing the Biomes O' Plenty add-on, and with the understanding that such permission may be revoked at any time.
Adubbz

Post by Adubbz »

FlowerChild wrote:I grant permission to the Biomes O' Plenty team to decompile and reverse engineer Better Than Wolves solely for the purposes of developing the Biomes O' Plenty add-on, and with the understanding that such permission may be revoked at any time.
Thanks man, glad to hear that we have your support :)

With regards to the 4.8911 update, i'll take a look at it when i can, although, it *should* already work.
Adubbz

Post by Adubbz »

myrkana wrote:i was told i might wanna mention these to you as I discovered these two things while playing:

1. With HCS I spawned on a volcano once, apparently this isn't supposed to happen at all?
2. when looking a t a volcano i noticed some pieces of coal reflected 1st stratifaction instead of the same strat as the rest of the volcano.

neither one is particularly game breaking or anything just two small volcano type things i noticed ^^
Are you sure your not using an old version? Because both of those have been addressed.
FlowerChild
Site Admin

Post by FlowerChild »

Adubbz wrote: Thanks man, glad to hear that we have your support :)
Yeah, absolutely man...no question of that.

I'm really trying not to be a pain in the ass to legit add-on authors with this. Things have unfortunately just gotten rather out of hand as of late.
Ethinolicbob

Post by Ethinolicbob »

Adubbz wrote:
myrkana wrote:i was told i might wanna mention these to you as I discovered these two things while playing:

Are you sure your not using an old version? Because both of those have been addressed.
Happened on the Better than Solo - Levitation server Adubbz