Stuff that never felt right.

This forum is for anything that doesn't specifically have to do with Better Than Wolves
Gilberreke

Re: Stuff that never felt right.

Post by Gilberreke »

Canopy wrote:Fast/Fancy leaves. It's a graphic setting, why does it affect more than just the texture?

Woosh- back on topic.
How does it affect more than just the texture?
Come join us at Vioki's Discord! discord.gg/fhMK5kx
warmist

Post by warmist »

Gilberreke wrote:
Canopy wrote:Fast/Fancy leaves. It's a graphic setting, why does it affect more than just the texture?

Woosh- back on topic.
How does it affect more than just the texture?
I think he is talking about an old bug (fixed afaik) where leaves would behave differently: fast-> can place torches, does suffocate ; fancy-> can't place torches, do not suffocate.
See here wiki
Gilberreke

Post by Gilberreke »

Oh, so just a bug that has been fixed, got it :)
william711

Post by william711 »

Daytime fog underground annoys me. It kills the gloom effect.

(big pictures)
Spoiler
Show
and this effect can be amplified by changing render distance
Spoiler
Show
Pfilson

Post by Pfilson »

One thing that always gives me a this feels wrong/incomplete feeling is the random rectangular space (usually 5+ tall and 10x10 or more with a dirt floor) that I have run across a few times in mines.. Never in just normal cave generation.. It's like it should have been putting a structure of some sort there, but it couldn't find the schematic.. I sadly I don't have a screen shot of this..

Although..

Heres a vid with one: http://youtu.be/de3Cq2rgmUQ?t=12m40s
TheGatesofLogic

Post by TheGatesofLogic »

those giant dirt rooms are actually the origin points of the entire mine system, everything has to start somewhere right?
Two feet standing on a principle
Two hands longing for each others warmth
Cold smoke seeping out of colder throats
Darkness falling, leaves nowhere to go
Taleric

Post by Taleric »

Ah! So that is what those rooms are doing on each mine.

For me a stronghold that got chopped by caves/mine shaft/ravine never feels correct...

Most other combinations, even a mineshaft across a ravine, are plausible. The messed up stronghold does not look organically impacted or anything explainable at a stretch, just bad generation :(
XantyZon

Post by XantyZon »

Two thing that bothered me but I have gotten used to not thinking about them; First is getting cobble stone/ smooth stone from lava. It was just odd given how much stone you get from just mining. Second is opening nether portal with just a flint and steel on obsidian. You get a bucket and poof you can make a door to the nether. I always felt that you would have to process the obsidian at least, a little bit and have something more complex to activate it.
Is it better to have posted and failed or to have never posted at all?
Gilberreke

Post by Gilberreke »

I just ran into another annoyance. It's almost impossible to lure chickens to your base. They lose interest sooo fast. Took me 20 minutes to get them to my base which is just 100 blocks away.
Rob

Post by Rob »

Gilberreke wrote:I just ran into another annoyance. It's almost impossible to lure chickens to your base. They lose interest sooo fast. Took me 20 minutes to get them to my base which is just 100 blocks away.
I find I need to sneak(hold shift) while luring any animal. Its slow, but you save so much time from not having to wait for the timer on re-luring every 10 blocks.
jorgebonafe

Post by jorgebonafe »

Gilberreke wrote:I just ran into another annoyance. It's almost impossible to lure chickens to your base. They lose interest sooo fast. Took me 20 minutes to get them to my base which is just 100 blocks away.
If you log out and in again they start following you immediately. Its annoying, but better then waiting for them to start following you again...
Better Than Wolves was borne of anal sex. True Story.
eternal8phoenix

Post by eternal8phoenix »

Thinking about it, it does feel weird (even in better than wolves) that cookies and cakes aren't baked. I don't think eating all that raw dough is that good for a steve.