Leviathan (Biomes O' Plenty) Better Than Solo [CLOSED]

This is the place for SMP server threads, and for general server discussion.
EpicAaron

Re: Leviathan (Biomes O' Plenty) Better Than Solo [BTW 4.891

Post by EpicAaron »

Pfilson wrote: I'm curious if spawn is settled in this map as implied by the new player guide? And if not how does that effect the Rules for building at spawn? Are people getting started out in the wilds with the plan to return later to establish the city?
We are all trying to figure out where spawn actually is at this point. I am personally going for a compass right now to find out and establish a basic marker.
BTW Community Server Discord: https://discord.gg/arZpuYW
Spoiler
Show
andreinawolf

Post by andreinawolf »

Pfilson wrote:I'm curious if spawn is settled in this map as implied by the new player guide? And if not how does that effect the Rules for building at spawn? Are people getting started out in the wilds with the plan to return later to establish the city?
I'll be updating the web site soon to make it more multi-server. Right now the stats page is also just for the main server, so even though it will say 0 players online there will be 6-8 on leviathan :P
Rob

Post by Rob »

• Read the rules: betterthansolo.com/rules.html. Check.
  • Read the BTW forum rules. Check.
  • Read the "Guide for New Players" at http://betterthansolo.com/ Check.
  • Post a reply to this thread that includes your IGN and an introduction about yourself. Check.
My name is Inigo Montoya, you killed my father, prepare to die. >.>

And with that said, on to the post.

My name is Inigo Montoya, you kil....

Rob. Name's Rob. IGN is alexkrupski. I am 28, hailing from the United States(EDT, GMT-4), enjoy Rum and Coke and long walks on Gravel beaches. I'm an aspiring aesthetics builder. Not the best, but working on it. http://rna4e.imgur.com/
*The Skyblock album doesn't show much as far as aesthetics, but I'm proud of my Airship on PKs server.*
As you can see, aspiring means terrible compared to real builders, but better than Cobblestone cluster fucks.

• Finally, make sure you indicate in your request that you've read the forum and server rules and agree to them.
I have read the forum rules, server rules and the "Guide for New Players" and I agree.

Follow up questions welcomed.
lifeiwater

Post by lifeiwater »

obl1terat1ion wrote:IGN:obl1terat1ion

Hello life water i'd like to be whitelisted, i'd figure i'd apply here as i want to try BoP with BTW and i have heard good things about BTS in the past, I'm also under 18 EDIT: derp, i agree to the rules :)
So barren...so plain... obl1t, I feel like I don't know you! This could be the start of a beautiful server frandship. But if you don't open up and tell me about you, how will I ever know if your BTS material?! I'm glad you agree to the rules, but I have so many questions. How long have you been playing BTW? If you eat yourself, would you dissappear, or grow twice as large? So much to talk about. I look forward to hearing from you soon.
andreinawolf

Post by andreinawolf »

Right now I manually download backups to my own comp at home. While I could automate it I really don't want to eat up my bandwidth.

Anyone willing to provide or pay for (i.e Amazon S3 type thing) reliable off site storage for (encrypted) backups? I'll want to upload a complete once a week and incrementals or differentials at regular intervals in between. Once the server is back up I can determine how large those would be.

Life says he has no monthly data cap and his upload speed is decent so if the location for backups is good then I could do it more frequently.

While it is important to have off-site backups anyway, this would hopefully also allow me to temporarily restore the server to my own computer or some EC2 instance to keep the server up for those who take days off and still want to play (sorry ehsan!!).
ehsanmp

Post by ehsanmp »

lifeiwater wrote:So barren...so plain... obl1t, I feel like I don't know you!
Lol everyone should make a WLR like mine!

Andre wrote:While it is important to have off-site backups anyway, this would hopefully also allow me to temporarily restore the server to my own computer or some EC2 instance to keep the server up for those who take days off and still want to play (sorry ehsan!!)
Aww it's OK Andre! I'll live. Although I am moderately concerned about how your chat logging functions will be involved in the backups, particularly given Amazon's apathy towards data privacy concerns and your governments blasé attitude to personal privacy violations.
andreinawolf

Post by andreinawolf »

ehsanmp wrote:Although I am moderately concerned about how your chat logging functions will be involved in the backups, particularly given Amazon's apathy towards data privacy concerns and your governments blasé attitude to personal privacy violations.
I'm going to encrypt the backups that I upload. However, I will make sure your chat logs are in the clear ;D
ehsanmp

Post by ehsanmp »

andreinawolf wrote:I'm going to encrypt the backups that I upload. However, I will make sure your chat logs are in the clear ;D
Wonderful!
aJaroOllie

Post by aJaroOllie »

Hey there guys, a Jar o' Ollie here (IGN: Matthew_OJ) and I would very much like to be white-listed on this server. I am 19 years old and from England, living about an hour from London. I have been considering applying to a BTW SMP server for a while now, but have always thought it would end up being too similar to my SSP world, when Leviathan came along. With the addition of BoP, the world itself will offer so many new areas to settle, and being a new map, I feel I will be more at home here.

I've been playing Minecraft since Beta 1.2 (I think) and Better than Wolves since 1.7.3, and my current world I have been playing with only BTW for over a year now, where I have steel and the starts of automation. I very much see my self as an aesthetic rather than functional builder, and enjoy building things of a particularly medieval taste, and also fitting them into their surroundings is something I like to make sure occurs.

I have played a Vanilla server with a few friends before between 1.2 and 1.8, and will be more than happy to work with others on projects as well as my own. Finally, I would like to say I have read the forum and server rules, and I agree with them. Thanks for taking the time to read this!
utakataJ6

Post by utakataJ6 »

Read the server rules; read the BTW forum rules; read the "Guide for New Players";

IGN: UtakataJ6

Hello, this is UtakataJ6 here. I'm over 18 and, wait for the shocker, I've never played significantly on a multiplayer map. I've been with BTW since day 1, and never had any interest in multiplayer without it. By the time BTW had multiplayer mode, I was busy modding the previous add-on Mediate-Craft, which I stopped creating once I saw FC was going to implement versions of what I wanted in a far better fashion.
I'm very experienced with BTW, and as an arcitecture buff I think my buildings would pass any significant test, but most importantly, I've been wanting to record a Hardcore Spawn server adventure for weeks now, and I finally have the chance. I'll be looking forward to joining this server!
morvelaira:
Not all Minecraft players have stamped down the knee-jerk, lawful-good Superman reaction yet. We do hold a rather high proportion of the enlightened on these forums ;)
flowerchild:
Not to mention a mod that trains the player to be rather morally ambivalent ;)
Sockthing

Post by Sockthing »

Hi,
I would like to apply to be whitelisted on this server.
I have familiarized myself with the rules and guidelines.
About myself, I am 19 years old and study in germany. I have played BTW since it earlier stages and am uploading episodes on youtube.
I have never really reached SFS stage, since I focused that my builds looked decent instead of rushing through the stages.
I hope this is enough to tell you something about me, and dont hesitate to ask me more!
My IGN is sockthing.
Looking forward to a multiplayer server with biome'o'plenty!

-Sockthing
Rob wrote:Sock-ilocks then tried the momma bear's pixel size and thought that it was just right.
BTW Community SMP Server: Discord | Sock's Crops: Thread
obl1terat1ion

Post by obl1terat1ion »

lifeiwater wrote:
obl1terat1ion wrote:IGN:obl1terat1ion

Hello life water i'd like to be whitelisted, i'd figure i'd apply here as i want to try BoP with BTW and i have heard good things about BTS in the past, I'm also under 18 EDIT: derp, i agree to the rules :)
So barren...so plain... obl1t, I feel like I don't know you! This could be the start of a beautiful server frandship. But if you don't open up and tell me about you, how will I ever know if your BTS material?! I'm glad you agree to the rules, but I have so many questions. How long have you been playing BTW? If you eat yourself, would you dissappear, or grow twice as large? So much to talk about. I look forward to hearing from you soon.
Wow looks like I was WAY more tired that i thought last night :P Anyway, I started playing minecraft shortly before 1.3 beta came out. I found out about BTW when the yogscast put up their vid (Yes I know the error in my ways, you can mock me now. I have been actively following it from the dawn of the new age till now.) As for when if i ate my self i don't know, maybe i would be both twice as large and disappear at the same time, (Schrodinger's fat, anyone?) Also for playing BTW for so long i know almost nothing about redstone. so yeah feel free to ask any follow up questions.
FlowerChild wrote:Can't make an omelet without blowing up a few chickens.
ehsanmp

Post by ehsanmp »

Sitting here, listening to this with sad face, mindlessly stroking my keyboard, while taking a break from watching "The Man from Nowhere", all the while refreshing my server list, praying that Life will come back home.
maxsi

Post by maxsi »

ehsanmp wrote:Sitting here, listening to this with sad face, mindlessly stroking my keyboard, while taking a break from watching "The Man from Nowhere", all the while refreshing my server list, praying that Life will come back home.
Ehsan you should do something more productive since the server is off, like painting, all this time i was prating my digital painting, wile waiting....
Blazara wrote:Better Than Wolves: So seamless, you don't know what you've got into... ;)
andreinawolf

Post by andreinawolf »

Leviathan! She lives!
ehsanmp

Post by ehsanmp »

HUZZAH!
lifeiwater

Post by lifeiwater »

Everyone should be whitelisted, welcome :)
obl1terat1ion

Post by obl1terat1ion »

lifeiwater wrote:Everyone should be whitelisted, welcome :)
I'm having trouble logging on it says that i am not whitelisted. my IGN is obl1terat1ion
FlowerChild wrote:Can't make an omelet without blowing up a few chickens.
dawnraider

Post by dawnraider »

Hello. I am interested in joining this server as Bo'P seems to be pretty cool, and since I haven't been on a server much recently, I figured I should join one, as I really enjoyed playing multiplayer. I have been playing MC since just after beta 1.3, and BTW since just after bellows were added (2.80 I believe), so I am well versed in BTW and redstone. I am also fairly good at aesthetics (though not a master). Also, I am under 18, and yes, I read and agree to all the rules.

IGN: istp4lmrs
Come join us on discord! https://discord.gg/fhMK5kx
Get the Deco Addon here!
Get the Better Terrain Addon here!
Get the Vanilla Mix TP here!
Get the Conquest TP here!
myrkana

Post by myrkana »

hmmm I may have to log on here and get back into btw a bit, are there usually a lot of players on the new server? :o

I won't mind the hcs as much is theres someone to talk to most the time >..>
Rawr :D
lifeiwater

Post by lifeiwater »

obl1terat1ion wrote:
lifeiwater wrote:Everyone should be whitelisted, welcome :)
I'm having trouble logging on it says that i am not whitelisted. my IGN is obl1terat1ion
try now :)
Gabecraft1234

Post by Gabecraft1234 »

IGN: GabeSeelig

I have read and accept all rules, terms, and conditions.

I am 18, I live in California, and I study engineering and Cal Poly SLO. I have played vMC since a few months before the 1.0 release. I was inspired to download BTW after trying and failing to build a good looking windmill in vMC for a few weeks and then searching for a mod with windmills. I found BTW and never looked back. Now my favorite parts of BTW are creating elaborate chains of automation and the hardcoreness of the early game.
aJaroOllie

Post by aJaroOllie »

I tried to just log on and was told I wasn't whitelisted :/ IGN is Matthew_OJ, sorry for the inconvenience!
IGN: Matthew_OJ
lifeiwater

Post by lifeiwater »

aJaroOllie wrote:I tried to just log on and was told I wasn't whitelisted :/ IGN is Matthew_OJ, sorry for the inconvenience!
try now
aJaroOllie

Post by aJaroOllie »

lifeiwater wrote: try now
It didn't seem to work again, how strange. Maybe try without the underscore?
IGN: Matthew_OJ