Minecraft Stutters. Help?

If you're having problems with your installation of Better Than Wolves, or if you've woken up in the future and are beginning to doubt the nature of reality, here's the place to post about it.
Gareleus

Minecraft Stutters. Help?

Post by Gareleus »

Problem is title, my minecraft will not fail.. to stutter every two minutes or so and over the course of ten to fifteen seconds become completely unplayable with the frames dropping then coming back up to normal for a few seconds and then tanking again. I have a fairly high end computer but I am not sure if that means anything, if you need more details to help (System specs, Java Version(?), credit card numbers or an SSID) let me know!
Thalarctia

Re: Minecraft Stutters. Help?

Post by Thalarctia »

Of course we need more information, you cannot diagnose a problem without knowing anything about it at all.

At the very least we need your hardware configuration, java version, whether you're making sure minecraft is using 64-bit java, graphics driver version and your standard screen resolution.
DreamsofFury

Post by DreamsofFury »

First make sure your Vsync and Adv OpenGL are off, THEN do what the chubby penguin says :D
Gareleus

Post by Gareleus »

Processor: i7 4770k
Graphics Card: Gtx 780 320.49 Driver
Ram: 16 Gb DDR3 1600
Java: 1.7.0_25 64bit
Resolution is 1360x728 (native)
Thalarctia

Post by Thalarctia »

Are you using a high definition texture pack, and in that case, are you using MCPatcher to install BTW or just doing it manually? You have a beast of a pc with a very shitty monitor resolution, so you're literally in a situation with all the power in the world and nothing to spend it on. Minecraft shouldnt be running badly...
Wafflewaffle

Post by Wafflewaffle »

check if you have both 32 and 64 bits java installed. Mc is kinda dumb about that, give high priority to java on the process tab of alt f4. You can also set your aplication to always use java 64 even when you have both. Google minecraft studder solutions for more specifics.
Oh great, now nothing can stop the inbred train

Paradox Interactive:
CHOO CHOO!
Gareleus

Post by Gareleus »

Installed both Javas now it works great... god that seems almost bad as the fix for the WoW launcher (just have Internet Explorer running). Thanks for help, wouldn't have thought to get both Javas.