Diamond Hills Resort 2.0 (BTW V4.A1 Humpdated Camel)

This is the place for SMP server threads, and for general server discussion.
Resaul

Diamond Hills Resort 2.0 (BTW V4.A1 Humpdated Camel)

Post by Resaul »

As you may have noticed the title is labled as 2.0. That is because this is a fresh server.

Server IP: 192.99.149.174:27674

Rules (ongoing):
*No Hacking
*No Racism
*No Stealing
*No Griefing

We have a teamspeak as well - For more information please visit http://www.diamondhillsresort.com
Last edited by Resaul on Sun Oct 18, 2015 8:51 pm, edited 63 times in total.
TheGatesofLogic

Re: New BTW server running 4.87! (non whitelist)

Post by TheGatesofLogic »

I'd love to help out with the server! First things first though, I recommend choosing a name for the server, it seems to me that unnamed servers servers are cursed to die fast on this subforum (just something I have seen happening in my experience). I think you should also post the difficulty. I imagine it's on normal, but if it isn't I recommend switching it to it (easy is fine, hard is very unforgiving though). Won't be able to get on the server until Monday however, I'm expecting to be busy, but look for me as GxLogic.
Hope the server lasts and gets strong!
Two feet standing on a principle
Two hands longing for each others warmth
Cold smoke seeping out of colder throats
Darkness falling, leaves nowhere to go
ElectroBot

Post by ElectroBot »

You should also mention which hardcore modes are on/off:
as of this post
- buckets=OFF
- buoy=ON
- playernames=OFF
- spawn=OFF
, whether the server is 24/7, etc.

I joined, but would like the optional buckets/spawn on, so good luck with the server. I'll look for another.
DreamsofFury

Post by DreamsofFury »

I'm on as Celita, the girlfriends account, for now till either mojang actually steps up and sends me the pw reset info for my account or i give in a buy a new one.

As to the options lists, as its co-op I don't really support hardcore spawn. However I could care less if buckets are on or not due to the fact I will be building as if it was on just in case it is ever turned on, I'd rather be prepared than end up looking at hours of potential work I can just prevent buy being preemptive.

I'm stationed not too far from spawn and will be helping out to build it up some with public stuff as I get established.
Resaul

Post by Resaul »

DreamsofFury wrote:I'm on as Celita, the girlfriends account, for now till either mojang actually steps up and sends me the pw reset info for my account or i give in a buy a new one.

As to the options lists, as its co-op I don't really support hardcore spawn. However I could care less if buckets are on or not due to the fact I will be building as if it was on just in case it is ever turned on, I'd rather be prepared than end up looking at hours of potential work I can just prevent buy being preemptive.

I'm stationed not too far from spawn and will be helping out to build it up some with public stuff as I get established.
Appreciate the help fury :)
ryoloth

Post by ryoloth »

I have set up a small public tree farm, that I will be expanding and getting public supplies up, just across the bridge from spawn. please be sure to replant if you take from it :)
"we haven't had a fight since the last one" -Atold 2016
DreamsofFury

Post by DreamsofFury »

I'll be starting hemp sometime within the next 24 hours, once thats up and running decently for my own uses I will be doing a personal egg farm to eventually be used for a public one for newbies to get some eggs to start before they begin the trek for their own base.

Note its now 6pm my time and just got home from work, I work again at 5am and wont be home till 1pm, followed by grocery shoping then two days off, so expect plenty of work after that.
Husbag3

Post by Husbag3 »

It might be worth mentioning in the op that the server is no longer on peaceful. I'm loving it so far!
If the minecraft world is infinite, why does the sun still rotate around it?
DiamondArms

Post by DiamondArms »

This server sounds like a nice place. No whitelist is nice and all, but a word of advice is to keep backups. The biggest plague to any non-whitelist server is any old troll hopping on and blowing up/destroying any local sites near spawn.
Resaul

Post by Resaul »

Husbag3 wrote:It might be worth mentioning in the op that the server is no longer on peaceful. I'm loving it so far!
Will do thanks
Resaul

Post by Resaul »

DiamondArms wrote:This server sounds like a nice place. No whitelist is nice and all, but a word of advice is to keep backups. The biggest plague to any non-whitelist server is any old troll hopping on and blowing up/destroying any local sites near spawn.
Thanks for the advice, I will try and back it up nightly.
danielngtiger

Re: Diamond Hills Resort - New server - 4.87 (no white list)

Post by danielngtiger »

Can we get a change to at least easy, please? Peaceful really screws up the BTW tech tree (no creeper oysters, no bones, rare string).
Light travels faster than sound. That is why some people appear bright before you hear them speak.
Resaul

Post by Resaul »

danielngtiger wrote:Can we get a change to at least easy, please? Peaceful really screws up the BTW tech tree (no creeper oysters, no bones, rare string).
Updated - back to normal.
danielngtiger

Post by danielngtiger »

Resaul wrote: Updated - back to normal.
Thank you. I just got my first creeper oyster :)
Light travels faster than sound. That is why some people appear bright before you hear them speak.
DreamsofFury

Post by DreamsofFury »

I have hemp up and running.

To the guy that repaired the creeper damage caused by him using my base as a shelter, thanks a bunch, next time though dont kill my chickens....took me ages to get those up there, next time just harvest some pumpkins or hemp I have around and feed them seeds and wait a few minutes, once I get a saw set up I'm gonna rig auto feeders to so there will always be eggs available to passerby.
Resaul

Post by Resaul »

DreamsofFury wrote:I have hemp up and running.

To the guy that repaired the creeper damage caused by him using my base as a shelter, thanks a bunch, next time though dont kill my chickens....took me ages to get those up there, next time just harvest some pumpkins or hemp I have around and feed them seeds and wait a few minutes, once I get a saw set up I'm gonna rig auto feeders to so there will always be eggs available to passerby.
Good call, you should show me this auto feeder you speak of lol
DreamsofFury

Post by DreamsofFury »

Resaul wrote:
DreamsofFury wrote:I have hemp up and running.

Good call, you should show me this auto feeder you speak of lol

Will do, just need hoppers and dispensers honestly, that along with some wood for fences.
TaterBoy

Post by TaterBoy »

DreamsofFury wrote:To the guy that repaired the creeper damage caused by him using my base as a shelter, thanks a bunch, next time though dont kill my chickens....took me ages to get those up there, next time just harvest some pumpkins or hemp I have around and feed them seeds and wait a few minutes, once I get a saw set up I'm gonna rig auto feeders to so there will always be eggs available to passerby.
Terribly sorry about that man. I came in by breaking a cobblestone, didn't even see the access hole in the roof. I didn't specifically kill any chickens, I think some may have escaped, but I did trap one in a hole.

I got some serious jitters though, trying to get myself started with nothing but some pumpkin seeds from the spawn farm, spit, and elbow grease. I was going to ask if you mind me setting up nearby, I absolutely love that mountain with its waterfalls.
Cthulhu for President: It's not the right choice, it's the only choice.
DreamsofFury

Post by DreamsofFury »

TaterBoy wrote:
DreamsofFury wrote:I was going to ask if you mind me setting up nearby, I absolutely love that mountain with its waterfalls.

Sure thing, thanks to work for the next bit unless I decide to call off sunday I'm working 10am-7pms average most of the week till friday thus I do the whole "come home-sleep, wake up-work" thing so I wont be on too much this week, so if you want expand the hemp farm and we can both make use of it.
TaterBoy

Post by TaterBoy »

Still a ways from the Iron Age, but I'll get there eventually. :D
Resaul

Post by Resaul »

TaterBoy wrote:Still a ways from the Iron Age, but I'll get there eventually. :D
What part of missouri you in tater?
TaterBoy

Post by TaterBoy »

Southwest. Not from there originally, but I've been here almost 10 years. It's grown on me, despite the humidity.
Resaul

Post by Resaul »

Just letting people that have played on this server, that we have started a new world last night due to an issue. If anyone is interested its basically a level playing field for the time being.
Resaul

Post by Resaul »

server IP updated.
Resaul

Post by Resaul »

Really needing some people to play with! :)