Bats spawning excessively, bringing fps down to under 1

If you're having problems with your installation of Better Than Wolves, or if you've woken up in the future and are beginning to doubt the nature of reality, here's the place to post about it.
GunshotBride

Bats spawning excessively, bringing fps down to under 1

Post by GunshotBride »

I'm not sure if this is an issue caused by better than wolves or not, although its the only mod i have installed and I've never heard of it happening to anybody else. There are hundreds of bats next to my house and i don't know how they got there, and there appear to be a lot more of in the distance that i can't see well. I tried installing singleplayer commands so i could /kill them all, but it was incompatible. If anybody could help me with this that would be great, I've put an unreasonable amount of time into this world and it would really suck to lose it.
danielngtiger

Re: Bats spawning excessively, bringing fps down to under 1

Post by danielngtiger »

I don't have much experience with it, but MCEdit has a 'remove entities' feature if I recall correctly. If your base is in that chunk, you might have farm animals there, which will also be deleted, but it might be less of a pain to spawn them back (despite requiring creative).

The other option would be to revert to a recent backup, if you have one.
Light travels faster than sound. That is why some people appear bright before you hear them speak.
DaveYanakov

Post by DaveYanakov »

Um, it isn't just mobs that are considered entities. Be very careful that you don't also erase every tile entity in the area.

Bat spawning is a vanilla issue
Better is the enemy of Good
dawnraider

Post by dawnraider »

Tile entities and regular entities are completely different. It will, however, kill any windmills/waterwheels in the area, and any dropped items as well, or xp orbs. Anything not a block.
Come join us on discord! https://discord.gg/fhMK5kx
Get the Deco Addon here!
Get the Better Terrain Addon here!
Get the Vanilla Mix TP here!
Get the Conquest TP here!
Ferrus.Manus

Post by Ferrus.Manus »

Actually I'm 99% sure that you can select one type of entities in MCEdit, so you should be to able to kill only bats.