Vanilla Minecraft News Discussion

A place to talk to other users about the mod.
FlowerChild
Site Admin

Re: Vanilla Minecraft News Discussion

Post by FlowerChild »

BinoAl wrote: At least they aren't trying to work on game balance... :)
<runs off to spam suggestions for horizontal animals for 1.7>
CreeperCannibal

Post by CreeperCannibal »

FlowerChild wrote:
BinoAl wrote: At least they aren't trying to work on game balance... :)
<runs off to spam suggestions for horizontal animals for 1.7>
Don't forget animals that do headstands and sit on their asses! This should stall them long enough.
"Kneel says the demon light
With its eye of coal
Sauron knows your license plate
And stares into your soul"
brab

Post by brab »

FlowerChild wrote:Mojang pretending mob-traps don't exist strikes again. Looks like another thing I'll have to fix, as I doubt they ever will.
Is there anything good in these updates that is worth your time updating BTW for them?
Stormweaver

Post by Stormweaver »

brab wrote:
FlowerChild wrote:Mojang pretending mob-traps don't exist strikes again. Looks like another thing I'll have to fix, as I doubt they ever will.
Is there anything good in these updates that is worth your time updating BTW for them?
People not complaining about not being able to find old versions of BTW? :p

Though there are the tide of really really minor bugfixes too.
PatriotBob wrote:Damn it, I'm going to go eat pumpkin pie while I still think that it tastes good.
FlowerChild
Site Admin

Post by FlowerChild »

Stormweaver wrote: People not complaining about not being able to find old versions of BTW? :p

Though there are the tide of really really minor bugfixes too.
Yeah, pretty much on both counts. Refusing to update also cuts the flow of new players coming to the mod to a small trickle.

Having said that: like last time, I'm in no rush to update to 1.6. There's nothing in it that really interests me or which I feel benefits the mod.
Foxy Boxes

Post by Foxy Boxes »

Ceunon wrote:Oh, gods. Please, don't.

https://twitter.com/Dinnerbone/status/3 ... 7616826368
So that's how you get the booties on them!
On the internet you can be whatever you want. It's surprising so many people choose to be stupid.
sacrife

Post by sacrife »

Jens Bergensten ‏@jeb_ 11m
Whee, it seems I've fixed the "animals escaping" bug that has been around since forever. It will have to wait until a 1.6.2 patch, though
Fuck yes. My number 1 annoyance in MC. If it fixes animals "growing" into walls when turning adults as well I am going to be one happy camper.
Poppycocks

Post by Poppycocks »

Update: 1.6.1 has been released to the launcher.

Woho! It’s time for a Minecraft 1.6 pre-release! This release is dubbed the “Horse Update”, but has a lot of other features, too. Also note, as already stated on this blog a couple of times, this update requires a new launcher.
I hear the new launcher further complicates making/using jarmods. Looks like Mojang is pushing for the plugin/mod thing as they have planned.
Last edited by Poppycocks on Mon Jul 01, 2013 10:50 am, edited 1 time in total.
Stormweaver

Post by Stormweaver »

Woho! It’s time for a Minecraft 1.6 pre-release! This release is dubbed the “Horse Mob Update”, but has a lot of other features, too. Also note, as already stated on this blog a couple of times, this update requires a new launcher.
Fixed.
PatriotBob wrote:Damn it, I'm going to go eat pumpkin pie while I still think that it tastes good.
destineternel

Post by destineternel »

And now they are doing some sort of online voodoo to post a message box which is annoying as the fact I have 1.6.1 in a profile via the new launcher. Doesn't seem to be a way to disable it.
Spoiler
Show
<DaveYanakov> I know I overuse them and put them in inappropriate places but they just feel so good.
<icynewyear> shit is delicious
<MagikEh> Don't try to give me da D
CrafterOfMines57

Post by CrafterOfMines57 »

https://twitter.com/Dinnerbone/status/3 ... 6973185025 Why of course! With all these resource pack changes, surely they are making good progress towards a Modding API? Oh wait, https://github.com/Mojang/Minecraft-API
Calcifire3691

Post by Calcifire3691 »

yeah, the new launcher is awful, I actually can't run BTW on it AT ALL (using the 1.5.2 profile ofc), since it redownloads a new jar every time I play.

well done mojang, you killed modding whilst you were making a modding API

on the plus side, BTW has reached the height of incompatability, it is no longer compatible with minecraft :D

edit: ok, apparently there is a way to use modded stuff with the new launcher:

1: create a folder in C:\Users\<your name here>\AppData\Roaming\.minecraft\versions
2: give it a name (eg: BetterThanWolves)
3: copy a 1.5.2 jar into the folder, name the jar the same as the folder
4: copy a .JSON file into the folder, name it the same as the folder and the jar
5: open the .JSON file and find "id": "<something or other>"
6: change it to "id": "<whatever you called the folder>" (eg: "id": "BetterThanWolves")
7: install BTW as you would normally into the jar
8: open the launcher and create a new profile with the jar that you modded
9: play BTW and die many many times

(credit to this goes to xisumavoid for this video about the new launcher http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nb8dd696jiY)
Last edited by Calcifire3691 on Mon Jul 01, 2013 2:50 pm, edited 1 time in total.
BlueRavenGT

Post by BlueRavenGT »

Calcifire3691 wrote:I actually can't run BTW on it AT ALL (using the 1.5.2 profile ofc), since it redownloads a new jar every time I play.
Copy the 1.5.2 folder in %appdata%\.minecraft\versions, rename all files within that folder to match the folder name, and change all instances of '1.5.2' in the .json to match the folder name as well.
destineternel

Post by destineternel »

So it seems cpw is working/helped with the new launcher..interesting tweet
https://twitter.com/Dinnerbone/status/3 ... 1146961920

Shoutouts to cpw (@minecraftcpw on twitter) for making old versions of Minecraft work in the new launcher, and of course to DrZhark (@DrZhark on twitter) for the Mo’ Creatures horses! Big thanks!"
source - https://mojang.com/2013/06/minecraft-1-6-pre-release/
Last edited by destineternel on Mon Jul 01, 2013 3:03 pm, edited 1 time in total.
<DaveYanakov> I know I overuse them and put them in inappropriate places but they just feel so good.
<icynewyear> shit is delicious
<MagikEh> Don't try to give me da D
Poppycocks

Post by Poppycocks »

You can also is simply forgo the lame ass mojang launcher and simply use the amazing MultiMC.

Also at the risk of having my skin peeled off in tiny squares and having the exposed meat thoroughly salted, if you forget all the drama, the Technic launcher is.. well, it's not as good as MultiMC. But it does the job - better than the Mojangs launcher does at least. It also means that you don't have to install BTW on your wifes and kids, or your non-techy cousins who lives in a different statue you wanna play with computer manually.
Panda

Post by Panda »

-_- i just looked at the new format for 'resource packs' im honestly debating on putting an m80 up my ass because that would be less painful.....
Never say no to Panda.
FlowerChild
Site Admin

Post by FlowerChild »

Panda wrote:-_- i just looked at the new format for 'resource packs' im honestly debating on putting an m80 up my ass because that would be less painful.....
Oh no. I haven't looked at it yet, and you just instilled a heavy sense of dread in me :\
FlowerChild
Site Admin

Post by FlowerChild »

sacrife wrote:
Jens Bergensten ‏@jeb_ 11m
Whee, it seems I've fixed the "animals escaping" bug that has been around since forever. It will have to wait until a 1.6.2 patch, though
Fuck yes. My number 1 annoyance in MC. If it fixes animals "growing" into walls when turning adults as well I am going to be one happy camper.
Oh wow, that is indeed awesome. Will hopefully fix the suffocation bug as well.

I love how he also announces 1.6.2 the same day 1.6 comes out though. Guess that at least eliminates any possibility of me pulling a dumb move like updating to the initial 1.6 release :)
Panda

Post by Panda »

FlowerChild wrote:
Panda wrote:-_- i just looked at the new format for 'resource packs' im honestly debating on putting an m80 up my ass because that would be less painful.....
Oh no. I haven't looked at it yet, and you just instilled a heavy sense of dread in me :\
Yeah its quite a pain in the ass! *duh du tscc*
Never say no to Panda.
FlowerChild
Site Admin

Post by FlowerChild »

Panda wrote:Yeah its quite a pain in the ass! *duh du tscc*
Any chance you could give me the Cliff's notes version of what it involves? I'm working on something else at present and don't want to get distracted punching my monitor :)
Panda

Post by Panda »

also on the plus side it was me who tipped u off and not someone screaming on the MCF :)

See isnt life great?
Never say no to Panda.
WeedFather

Post by WeedFather »

Stormweaver wrote:

Woho! It’s time for a Minecraft 1.6 pre-release! This release is dubbed the “Horse Mob Update”, but has a lot of other features, too. Also note, as already stated on this blog a couple of times, this update requires a new launcher.
Fixed.
Hah! I WISHED it was the mob update. Not that we really need one, but I still wish there was some more SOMETHING in the ocean, but that's just me.

Alright, so, do I: Switch to the 1.6 launcher, switch to MultiMC, switch to the Technic Launcher, or just leave my ass planted on the old launcher for now?
Poppycocks

Post by Poppycocks »

WeedFather wrote:Hah! I WISHED it was the mob update. Not that we really need one, but I still wish there was some more SOMETHING in the ocean, but that's just me.

Alright, so, do I: Switch to the 1.6 launcher, switch to MultiMC, switch to the Technic Launcher, or just leave my ass planted on the old launcher for now?
I personally prefer MultiMC. It makes managing your instances a breeze. Really wouldn't touch the t launcher unless you need BTW installed on several computers or wanna play with someone who doesn't know how to install it himself.
CrafterOfMines57

Post by CrafterOfMines57 »

If this is true: https://twitter.com/minecraftcpw/status ... 6310254592 it kind of feels like they just tried to kill ModLoader, and I find it worrying some people seem to think base-class edits no longer being allowed to be a good thing.

EDIT: I stand corrected about ModLoader, and I am impressed.
Last edited by CrafterOfMines57 on Tue Jul 02, 2013 2:06 pm, edited 1 time in total.
FlowerChild
Site Admin

Post by FlowerChild »

Next person that mentions technic anything in this thread gets instantly and permanently banned.

Also: this is not the place to discuss mod installation. Go to the tech support forums.

EDIT: Actually, Poppycocks is gone both because he knew precisely what he was doing here, and because of past behavior.