Raw Eggs: What can they do?

A place to talk to other users about the mod.
DiamondArms

Raw Eggs: What can they do?

Post by DiamondArms »

So one fine day I decided to make a "cradle to grave" chicken farm.

Then the raw eggs came piling in.

about a week later, I have less than a stack of feathers, 3 stacks of raw chicken and a 3/4 full double chest of raw eggs. What am I supposed to do with all this egg?

Stuff I've tried:

Make Egg-related food products - poached eggs and omelettes are too low-tier, as I already have hearty stews and occasional sandwiches.

Make Cakes - Gathering Milk is slower than the eggs can come out.

Egg someone's house - the owner complained about the aborted fetuses all over his outpost. Good humor, but not something worth the time, and the eggs were a pain to spread out.

So I think raw eggs are really useless once you get sustainable food beyond it's tier. Making cakes is nice, but I get more eggs than I need for that. What do you guys do with the raw eggs?
Elevatator

Re: Raw Eggs: What can they do?

Post by Elevatator »

Filter them out and destroy them. I don't see a problem here.
⠀⠀⠀⢀⣀⣠⣤⣤⣤⣶⣶⣶⣦⡀
⠀⠀⢠⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣦
⠀⢀⣾⣿⣿⠟⠉⠀⠀⠀⠀⠈⠻⣿⣿⣷⣄
⠀⣼⣿⣿⠏⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠘⣿⣿⣿⣧
⣰⣿⣿⣿⡀⠀⢀⣴⣾⠿⣵⣦⠀⠀⣿⣿⣿⠇
⠙⢿⣿⣿⣇⠀⠈⠛⠁⠀⠈⠁⠀⣠⣿⣿⡏
⠀⠀⠻⣿⣿⣷⣤⣀⣀⢀⣀⣠⣾⣿⣿⡿
⠀⠀⠀⠈⢻⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⡥⠤⠒⣢
⠀⠀⠀⠀⣀⣽⣿⣿⡿⠿⠿⠛⠉⠁⣀⣤⣶⠟⠁
⠀⠀⢴⣭⣥⣶⣾⣿⡇⠀⠀⠀⠀⢸⣿⣿⠁
⠀⠀⠀⠀⢀⣿⣿⣿⡷⠀⠀⠀⠀⢸⣿⣿⣧⡀
⠀⠀⠀⠀⢾⣿⣿⣿⣤⣤⣤⣤⣤⣼⣿⣿⣿⠇
⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠉⠉⠉⠉⠉⠉⠉⠉⠉⠁
angra_mania

Post by angra_mania »

You can always feed the Groth.
FlowerChild
Site Admin

Post by FlowerChild »

Fry all your eggs, make storage blocks, then build a castle out of them.
BinoAl

Post by BinoAl »

Raw eggs make a great weapon. Not as powerful as snowballs, but still borderline nerfworthy
Stormweaver

Post by Stormweaver »

FlowerChild wrote:Fry all your eggs, make storage blocks, then build a castle out of them.
damn you for making me check that -.-
PatriotBob wrote:Damn it, I'm going to go eat pumpkin pie while I still think that it tastes good.
Gilberreke

Post by Gilberreke »

Pumpkin pie?
Come join us at Vioki's Discord! discord.gg/fhMK5kx
turtlemuncher

Post by turtlemuncher »

a really wierd trap that shoots out raw eggs? i ussally just get rid of them
Yhetti

Post by Yhetti »

I'm making I made "Block of Fried egg" thanks to FC

Edit: I must admit, I already have "Block of Wooden Pickaxes"
DiamondArms

Post by DiamondArms »

Yhetti wrote:I'm making I made "Block of Fried egg" thanks to FC

Edit: I must admit, I already have "Block of Wooden Pickaxes"
Already started construction on Eggceteria Castle. Just need to load up the farm with more seeds. Need to figure out the recipe for "Block of Enderpearls".

Jokes aside, I made a few pies. Then I realized I was supposed to be saving those pumpkins for lanterns. go me and my fantastic priorities. I'll continue looking into what else I can do with eggs. trying to stay off the suggestion board until I have a solid Idea of what I think should be done to eggs.
FlowerChild
Site Admin

Post by FlowerChild »

DiamondArms wrote:Jokes aside, I made a few pies. Then I realized I was supposed to be saving those pumpkins for lanterns. go me and my fantastic priorities. I'll continue looking into what else I can do with eggs. trying to stay off the suggestion board until I have a solid Idea of what I think should be done to eggs.
If you're looking for a use for an item, you should just stay off the suggestion board period. "What do I do with this useless item?" ideas almost inevitably suck, because you aren't looking to solve an actual gameplay problem, you're trying to create a problem to which eggs are the solution.

Even if you do have a cool idea, I don't want recipe suggestions for it anyways (which is what eggs would be).
FlowerChild
Site Admin

Post by FlowerChild »

Just to elaborate on the above: you'll notice I've been increasing the value of various resources. How does that differ from the above you may ask?

Well, let's take a gameplay problem like: mining is boring. What do we do to rectify that? Well, we could up the value of gold and other diamond level resources so that the player gets more in the way of small doses of gratification while performing the activity. In the case of gold, this also helps reward building nether mob-traps, so win/win.

On the other hand, let's look at raw eggs: is their lack of value related to a deficiency in any major gameplay system? No. It's just a secondary resource you now have in excess due to overproduction through automation. In fact, as an automatable resource, no matter how useful eggs are, you can be certain, someone, somewhere, will always have too many of them.

So yeah: don't waste my time with ideas for stuff like that.