Respawning underground

If you're having problems with your installation of Better Than Wolves, or if you've woken up in the future and are beginning to doubt the nature of reality, here's the place to post about it.
brab

Respawning underground

Post by brab »

Hello,

I have hardcore spawn on, and after my latest death (hungry wolves seem to be the only mob I have trouble handling), I have respawned underground. As I was starting to suffocate, I dug the dirt right in front of me, and after digging some more I saw some stone, but from a deep strata. So I guess I'm pretty deep underground.

Is there any hope that I get out of there, or should I wait until I die of hunger? Will I respawn above ground after I die?
Ulfengaard

Re: Respawning underground

Post by Ulfengaard »

I've had this happen before. I usually just let it suffocate me and respawn elsewhere.

EDIT: Because you could be in a closed cave system, so no way to cut your way out.
Awfulcopter wrote:...nothing says harmony with nature better than leaves that bleed. AMIRITE?
dawnraider wrote:I think we need to stop asking how stupid people can be. I think they're starting to take it as a challenge :)
brab

Post by brab »

Thanks for the tip. I guess I'll try to jump from high enough to take fall damage.
Mr_Hosed

Post by Mr_Hosed »

This is one of the scenarios that keeps me leaving cheat codes on so I can go creative and fly out. Otherwise your only option is to edit the NBT info with NBTExplorer :( Both aren't really good solutions though.

Easiest thing to do is go take a bathroom break, make some coffee, have a smoke, and die from starvation to respawn somewhere else... if you can. Not sure how BTW Hardcore Spawn reacts in this scenario. If starvation takes long enough to allow a HCS to pick a new location or if you end up spawning at the same coordinates above ground, etc.

Btw, this has been a vanilla problem for ages.
brab

Post by brab »

After dying I respawned above ground, so all is well.

Thanks again!
Benanov

Post by Benanov »

Mr_Hosed wrote:Btw, this has been a vanilla problem for ages.
There's a specific code change FC made a while back to accommodate a dead add-on that makes this worse in BTW.
There's only one V in my name, thanks.

<TaterBoy> I figured out why there's so much lag. We have too much iron.
FlowerChild
Site Admin

Post by FlowerChild »

Yup, and I just fixed that yesterday, so should be less of a problem with the next release.