Crash then dozens of animal spawn

If you're having problems with your installation of Better Than Wolves, or if you've woken up in the future and are beginning to doubt the nature of reality, here's the place to post about it.
MrGrau

Crash then dozens of animal spawn

Post by MrGrau »

I'm not really sure what to put in here, so I'll start with a pastebin of the crash report http://pastebin.com/19EfTMDt

After the crash, I loaded the world up, and within about 30 seconds of playing, the chunks stopped loading, and a metric fuckton of wolves and pigs started spawning.

Spoiler
Show
ImageImage
Don't know if you'd want it, but i could upload my world save
Last edited by MrGrau on Tue Jun 18, 2013 3:45 am, edited 1 time in total.
Gunnerman21

Re: Crash then dozens of animal spawn

Post by Gunnerman21 »

something must be wrong with the spoiler because i cant open it :(

but that still sounds like one crazy crash you had man... hopefully mcedit can save the day
Spoiler
Show
I am... THE TAXI MAN.
Thalarctia

Post by Thalarctia »

When you crashed, a number of chunks in your world got corrupted, and the only way to really fix it is deleting the affected chunks in MCEdit. Just make sure to backup your save first.

Alternatively, you can upload it and I'll do it over the next day or so.
Vexalor

Post by Vexalor »

Alright, I'm not sure that this looks entirely legitimate. This is pretty outlandish. If it is legit, there have to either be other mods/external programs involved or something seriously fucked up happened on the NBT level. According to the crash report, something tried to mass edit the game's running list of entities on the map.

If you were using any sort of editing tool or other mod, please say so. Otherwise, I don't even know what this is and your only option is to prune chunks in MCEdit.
Ferrus.Manus

Post by Ferrus.Manus »

Actually you should try simply deleting all wolves/pigs first. I had similar issue with zombies and after initial crazy spawning things seems to return back to normal.