Let's Play with Flowerchild

A place to talk to other users about the mod.
icynewyear

Let's Play with Flowerchild

Post by icynewyear »

Episode 1

FlowerChild
Site Admin

Re: Let's Play with Flowerchild

Post by FlowerChild »

As the thread title would indicate, there's obviously some kind of party in my pants to which you've all been invited...without my knowledge :)
jakerman999

Post by jakerman999 »

Don't mind if I do...

But all jokes aside, this might be the first let's play I watch since Morv's.
someonetobe

Post by someonetobe »

Why bother playing with easier sawdust installed? Srsly gyz.

And that's totally not FC, he's supposed to sound like crying orphans and dying dreams! ♥♥♥
I seek fond moments, not fond memories.
Racooknight

Post by Racooknight »

I am counfounded by this video. I can't believe that a person of quality like FC is affected by that "you know, like" madness. Like, you know, everytime he says something.

;o

Really great to hear the master clarify his plans, and I look forward to seeing him be the butt of his own hardcores features !
CycloneSP

Post by CycloneSP »

there he is! FC granting us the gift of his voice for the first time in ages. :)

This is gonna be a good series. I can't wait to watch more.
"So tell me, what's it like living in a constant haze of stupidity?" - Hiei

"Snow is not fire, so it can still rain." -Kaitocain
TheGuy

Post by TheGuy »

I don't know why but I just love developer interviews. It's probably something about listening in to the inner thought process behind it all. Keep up the good work
FlowerChild
Site Admin

Post by FlowerChild »

Racooknight wrote:I am counfounded by this video. I can't believe that a person of quality like FC is affected by that "you know, like" madness. Like, you know, everytime he says something.
Lol...believe me: I know :)

I promised myself that I'd correct that after my last interview, and when it came time for this one I knew I wasn't supposed to say something, but couldn't remember what it was. When I watched the vid though, I rapidly remembered ;)
Racooknight

Post by Racooknight »

Actually it's kind of cute coming from the much-despised, many times hated and names-called thick-skinned dude the legends says you are :p keep up the stupid language habits, it's what makes you human, and not a mindless machine who also happens to be very obnoxious to every poster of the suggestion forum ;o
FlowerChild
Site Admin

Post by FlowerChild »

Hehe...well, if you like be being human, you should love the upcoming episodes.

By #3 I think you'll find me crying in the corner of our basement abode, lamenting long lost loves while Icy periodically throws down pork chops through a hole in the roof to keep my alive while choosing to build his own house a certain distance away....
CycloneSP

Post by CycloneSP »

FlowerChild wrote:Hehe...well, if you like be being human, you should love the upcoming episodes.

By #3 I think you'll find me crying in the corner of our basement abode, lamenting long lost loves while Icy periodically throws down pork chops through a hole in the roof to keep my alive while choosing to build his own house a certain distance away....

Mmmm, sounds delicious.

does that reason have anything to do with a hissing green mob?
"So tell me, what's it like living in a constant haze of stupidity?" - Hiei

"Snow is not fire, so it can still rain." -Kaitocain
Racooknight

Post by Racooknight »

You suddenly just made my hopes for this series rise through the roof. You better not disappoint me now, teasy sir. Like, you know, I'd be so friggin mad if those videos weren't at least as good as the story of Boatmurdered.
FlowerChild
Site Admin

Post by FlowerChild »

Racooknight wrote:You suddenly just made my hopes for this series rise through the roof. You better not disappoint me now, teasy sir. Like, you know, I'd be so friggin mad if those videos weren't at least as good as the story of Boatmurdered.
Lol...ok, I may have been exaggerating *just a tad* :)

Honestly, it just felt really good to get to talk about the mod like that for a change. I don't think I know anyone in "RL" that plays Minecraft, let alone BTW, so I don't normally get the opportunity to ramble on about it like that. Was a nice change of pace to be sure.
Racooknight

Post by Racooknight »

Well it felt really good to hear you talk about the mod like that for a change, instead of being mister I-know-what-I'm-doing because, well, if you behaved otherwhise you'd get all the stupid suggestions clogging your mail box.

I like the recorded video medium because you get to talk, and we don't get to answer. This way, you can pretty much feel free to say whatever you want :-) Icy sure is a good host that knows when to shut up. Man, this first video was you talking and him saying "Yes. Yup. Right." Not that it should change !
Sage

Post by Sage »

I'm glad to be able to hear your voice (and your toughts on the mod and minecraft) again, and it should be very entertaining to see it in a let's play form! Can't wait for the next episodes :)
FlowerChild wrote:
Serjo44 wrote:today i was banned on ip for reason: <dances>
what i have do wrong?
Whatever it is...you just did it again.
caveatEmptor

Post by caveatEmptor »

Super cool to hear you talking about the thoughts behind all sorts of BTW stuff. Hell, even hearing you talk about exactly how many wood you need to start mining and how those couple extra sticks can get you is cool, because it's the same considerations I have playing through my first day. Just the most basic gameplay considerations but watching the creator go through the same thing is weirdly reassuring. Especially in contrast to watching Dinnerbone flounder around trying to play his own game in that UHC video or whatever it was :P

Also interesting to hear that you read webcomics. I seem to remember Mike Krahulik of Penny Arcade making a post about how one random commenter can make you feel like shit, I don't know if that's what you were trying to think of in the vid or if you even read PA. Anyway, count me excited for future episodes too.
FlowerChild
Site Admin

Post by FlowerChild »

Racooknight wrote: I like the recorded video medium because you get to talk, and we don't get to answer. This way, you can pretty much feel free to say whatever you want :-)
Yeah, I think that's exactly right. When I'm talking online it often kinda feels like me vs X number of people (as I've said before "there's one of me and tens of thousands of you"), which puts me on the defensive right from the get go, where no one answer will really satisfy everyone, and where it's just a never ending series of each answer leading to additional questions and/or demands (if not an increasing amount). I think that leads me to being very blunt and direct in a "this is how it is...deal with it or fuck off" way.

I don't think that's an entirely inappropriate way of dealing with these kinds of things (it seems to work for me anyways), but one on one is an entirely different situation where I feel like I can just talk as I normally would.
sacrife

Post by sacrife »

After listening to you talk I have to say I agree with you more and more. In my first SP world I turned off hardcore spawn, but I will definately turn it on from now on.
It's nice to hear a more personal view of the changes you did. Will definately subscribe and follow this series.
Racooknight

Post by Racooknight »

FlowerChild wrote:
Racooknight wrote: snip
I don't think that's an entirely inappropriate way of dealing with these kinds of things (it seems to work for me anyways), but one on one is an entirely different situation where I feel like I can just talk as I normally would.
IMHO, one on one is the way to go. Entertaining masses is totally unnatural. Every person is complex in its own way, and may have something interresting to tell, but you can't do that in a storm of different-minded chat users. You're not a politician or a circus entertainer, that has to deal with crowds : you're a dude that's trying to bring an idea to life, and has no fucking interest in making speeches.

To a certain extent, anyone faced with too many people at once has to say "fuck off", because man, you just can't talk with so many people at once ! Either you speak and they listen, or no one will have a good conversation. That's why video is good. That's why interviews are, most of the times, one to one with a talented interviewer that knows he has to ask questions, not speak his own mind which has no weight whatsoever compared to the mind of all the other people.

Though I do not want to ramble on about social structures and such, I think including more than two or three persons in a discussion always leads, and sadly often unconciously, to social behaviour clogging any real exchange of ideas. We don't want social behaviour. We want to get to know the mind behind the mod, be it to understand either the creation or the man. At least, that's my case. I think you started something great here. As we get to listen to a more relaxed and focused you, you may get to listen to yourself too.
Slstoev

Post by Slstoev »

This immedietly got me hooked. But the one thing that got me interested is the prospect of getting to hear and see the inner working and reasons for the total conversion. What I'm most interested to see though is how you build and automate everything - not early game but mid to late game(if they ever get there).

I am interested to see the development of the LP - here's a question: who is a better BTW player? - FlowerChild or IcyNewYear.
sacrife

Post by sacrife »

Something is wrong with your channel. I keep refreshing and I see no new episodes. Where are they?
Slstoev

Post by Slstoev »

sacrife wrote:Something is wrong with your channel. I keep refreshing and I see no new episodes. Where are they?
What?

And there are only 2 episodes at present. I shall wait for Icy to post the second episode of the LP here.
By the way wolf howling gives me a chuckles.
icynewyear

Post by icynewyear »

Episode 2

Slstoev

Post by Slstoev »

Episode 3 is up! Yay!
TiLT

Post by TiLT »

COOLEST THING EVARRRRRR!

But seriously, this YouTube series makes me the happiest little fuzzy bunny in the entirety of the currently known universe. Subscribed!