The real hardcore beds

If you want to get banned, this is the place to post.
Onarr

The real hardcore beds

Post by Onarr »

Hi, Iam too troubled to sleep, an idea popped in my mind and I can't get rid of it. It haunts me...

I was thinking: "every newbie wants beds". Why not give them their precious little beds, but BTW style? To scare the living sh*t out of them so they will never want to use them again?

I would propose following concept. Beds become available again, but in the world of minecraftia, nightmares come alive. When Steve goes to sleep, there is possibility of a nightmare spawning close to his bed. When this happens, there would be a scary sound like an endreman scream or some line("YOU WILL DIE!!!" or THIS IS THE END!!!). Additionally there would be screen overlay of big enderman eyes(similar to that when entering a nether portal).

The probability of nightmare spawning and its strenght would be relative to days without sleep. Longer the Steve is without sleep, more tired he is so he won't give a duck about nightmares, he just wants want his nap. This would force players to use beds more strategically.

Additionally, to make it even harder, sleeping would come with another cost. In order to sleep, you need your hunger bar full(or at least above peckish) and sleeping would deplate your hunger bar down to hungry.

I was thinking that this nightmare would be enderman, but Iam afraid of exploiting his height, as he cant fit into spaces 2 blocks high(solution would be that bed requires a clearing similar to water wheel).
I was also thinking that this would be only way of getting enderman pearls. You would fight your nightmares and eventually you would defeat them(A.K.A killing enderdragon). From then, you would be able to sleep normally. Alternative to this could be that in order to sleep normally, you need to create dream catcher, an item consisted of nether star and maybe drop from Enderdragon(for example Dragon scale, dragon eye etc.) If placed near bed you wont be haunted anymore. It would be possible, to work similar to beacon, needing some sort of blocks beneath.

Just to sum up.
I think that this would make ender realm more integrated into game. There would be a story behind it.
Beds are still not going to work as spawn point.
Beds would become a part of a game, but in an interesting and fun way.
Beds would become a strategic choice, instead of overpowered night skiping tool.
Beds would be needed for overall progress in game.
If you want to sleep you have to f*cing deserve it.

Well I hope its everything and Iam looking forward to my vacation ;-)
Elevatator

Re: The real hardcore beds

Post by Elevatator »

Your suggestion boils down to: re-enable beds, change the backgroundstory.
⠀⠀⠀⢀⣀⣠⣤⣤⣤⣶⣶⣶⣦⡀
⠀⠀⢠⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣦
⠀⢀⣾⣿⣿⠟⠉⠀⠀⠀⠀⠈⠻⣿⣿⣷⣄
⠀⣼⣿⣿⠏⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠘⣿⣿⣿⣧
⣰⣿⣿⣿⡀⠀⢀⣴⣾⠿⣵⣦⠀⠀⣿⣿⣿⠇
⠙⢿⣿⣿⣇⠀⠈⠛⠁⠀⠈⠁⠀⣠⣿⣿⡏
⠀⠀⠻⣿⣿⣷⣤⣀⣀⢀⣀⣠⣾⣿⣿⡿
⠀⠀⠀⠈⢻⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⡥⠤⠒⣢
⠀⠀⠀⠀⣀⣽⣿⣿⡿⠿⠿⠛⠉⠁⣀⣤⣶⠟⠁
⠀⠀⢴⣭⣥⣶⣾⣿⡇⠀⠀⠀⠀⢸⣿⣿⠁
⠀⠀⠀⠀⢀⣿⣿⣿⡷⠀⠀⠀⠀⢸⣿⣿⣧⡀
⠀⠀⠀⠀⢾⣿⣿⣿⣤⣤⣤⣤⣤⣼⣿⣿⣿⠇
⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠉⠉⠉⠉⠉⠉⠉⠉⠉⠁
FlowerChild
Site Admin

Post by FlowerChild »

Too tired to read this whole thing at present, so will just issue a temp-ban for now. Will decide on the perma in the morning.
FlowerChild
Site Admin

Post by FlowerChild »

Onarr wrote:Well I hope its everything and Iam looking forward to my vacation ;-)
Ah, this line seals the deal. If you knew what you were doing, and did it anyways, well then...off you go.