Just curious has anyone made it to an anvil scene BTW 4.83 ?

A place to talk to other users about the mod.
BigShinyToys

Just curious has anyone made it to an anvil scene BTW 4.83 ?

Post by BigShinyToys »

Title says it all basically . I have come back to BTW after leaving a few months ago and can't get to even the most basic tech. The highest score I have died with was 1. accord into the statistics I have never died with is odd / a bug? . I know I have died at lease ounce every ~20 minutes for approximately 7 and a hall hours.

Other status of interest.
made : 41 wooden picks
jumps : 1698
walked : 13.4 KM
world's played : 1
Rage quits : 6

So how has your experiences been better worse just interested is all.
Stormweaver

Re: Just curious has anyone made it to an anvil scene BTW 4.

Post by Stormweaver »

Haha, noob.

I actually haven't, but the early-game is fun and I don't have a lot of time to play ^.^
PatriotBob wrote:Damn it, I'm going to go eat pumpkin pie while I still think that it tastes good.
FlowerChild
Site Admin

Post by FlowerChild »

Yeah, dying every twenty minutes definitely indicates you are doing something wrong :)
Pfilson

Post by Pfilson »

Rage Quits is a stat? I don't look at the stats page enough..
dawnraider

Post by dawnraider »

While I haven't even reached cauldron tech yet, in my most recent world, I died on the first night to a surprise skeleton, then never died again, though I got very close while caving, down to crippled. It is difficult to progress, but I find it very fun, and the balance feels just right.
Come join us on discord! https://discord.gg/fhMK5kx
Get the Deco Addon here!
Get the Better Terrain Addon here!
Get the Vanilla Mix TP here!
Get the Conquest TP here!
Taleric

Post by Taleric »

Returning to BTW after all the HC changes would be a bit of a shock :P

I was luckily to experiance the HC changed incrementally and still had my share of repeated deaths trying to get established. Just take your time and build plenty of markers/way-stations. It is some of the best survival gameplay there is and the satisfaction when you finally get to SFS is huge!
BigShinyToys

Post by BigShinyToys »

Stormweaver wrote:Haha, noob.

I actually haven't, but the early-game is fun and I don't have a lot of time to play ^.^
Sadly I must concede, yes I am now a noob how far I have fallen.
FlowerChild wrote:Yeah, dying every twenty minutes definitely indicates you are doing something wrong :)
Time for a change in tactics then. Maybe I will try being homicide nomad this time. Sound like it would fit with BTW philosophy ;)
Pfilson wrote:Rage Quits is a stat? I don't look at the stats page enough..
Well It isn't listed as that but that is what happened.
Taleric wrote:Returning to BTW after all the HC changes would be a bit of a shock :P

I was luckily to experiance the HC changed incrementally and still had my share of repeated deaths trying to get established. Just take your time and build plenty of markers/way-stations. It is some of the best survival gameplay there is and the satisfaction when you finally get to SFS is huge!
It is definitely taking some getting used to. It definitely seams that Minecraft is a now just a game engine and BTW is the game. I am liking the survival challenge will be a little happier when I master BTW again.

At this point I have a little hobbit hole in a small hill with a few nuggets of iron no sustainable food supply. I can see me moving to a more target rich environment.
FlowerChild
Site Admin

Post by FlowerChild »

General useful tips:

-Don't jump or sprint unless you absolutely have to. Build stairs down into your mines. Conserving energy is important due to HC hunger.

-Mushrooms and chickens (for eggs) are really useful for early game sustainable food, especially once you can combine them into mushroom omelets. Working up to a hoe so you can farm melons or hemp to feed seeds to your chickens for the eggs helps a lot.

-I personally don't favor going nomad. Instead, I take short hunting trips out from my base in the early game every so often, and sometimes overnight.

-Fishing is a rather useful way to convert junk items in the early game (like rotten flesh) into food.

-Put bootsies on your wolfsies to prevent them turning on you.
BigShinyToys

Post by BigShinyToys »

I haven't seen many wolves the one I did noticed that I was carrying raw meat or injured and took the opportunity to lunch on my corpse. I think I will be more on guard around them, at full strength and not carrying attracting substances.

Chickens and stew good to know.
Calo290

Post by Calo290 »

BigShinyToys wrote:I haven't seen many wolves the one I did noticed that I was carrying raw meat or injured and took the opportunity to lunch on my corpse. I think I will be more on guard around them, at full strength and not carrying attracting substances.

Chickens and stew good to know.
You can toss those attractive substances at them to help keep you from looking so attractive. :P