Players suspendable from leashes?

This forum is for anything that doesn't specifically have to do with Better Than Wolves
Sinornithosaurus

Players suspendable from leashes?

Post by Sinornithosaurus »

Has anyone been able to test whether players can be suspended from leashes? I can see some Bond-type traps if this is possible
magikeh

Re: Players suspendable from leashes?

Post by magikeh »

Nope, the only things that are suspendable from leashes are passive mobs (and golems which are not pictured)

Magical Shit
Show
Syruse|Work: i like magic shit
MagikEh: ...
MagikEh: >.>
MagikEh: <.<
»» MagikEh walks to the bathroom
Syruse|Work: hahaaaaaaaaa
Syruse|Work: wait
MagikEh: xD
Syruse|Work: fuck
Syruse|Work: NO
Syruse|Work: DONT
jecowa

Post by jecowa »

If the leash worked on hostiles, I would try to attach a creeper to a skeleton to make getting a CD easier. It used to be a lot easier to get those CDs before the AI changes.

If you could attach yourself to a chicken and jump off a cliff, I wonder if the chicken would slow your fall.
Graphite

Post by Graphite »

jecowa wrote:If the leash worked on hostiles, I would try to attach a creeper to a skeleton to make getting a CD easier. It used to be a lot easier to get those CDs before the AI changes.
Silly younger generation. They're records, not CDs ;)
DaveYanakov

Post by DaveYanakov »

I would suspend creepers to drop down on ropes to explode people... Or! Or! Zombie onna rope! You better know the path through my garden or you gonna get et!
Better is the enemy of Good
Sinornithosaurus

Post by Sinornithosaurus »

magikeh wrote:Nope, the only things that are suspendable from leashes are passive mobs (and golems which are not pictured)
Spoiler
Show
Can you ride a pig on a leash, and have another player hit it with snowballs so it acts like a swing?
Vexalor

Post by Vexalor »

Yes, you can ride a pig on a leash--people have used this to make pig elevators by hanging pis at different heights and riding them--but, in BTW, snowballs have no knockback, so the swing idea wouldn't work.
Pucc

Post by Pucc »

DaveYanakov wrote:I would suspend creepers to drop down on ropes to explode people... Or! Or! Zombie onna rope! You better know the path through my garden or you gonna get et!
The wolves are suspended so I wonder what will happen if we feed one rotten flesh, will the beast remain leashed on break its bonds?

Minecraft gravity is definitely something Newton would have had trouble with figuring out.
Vexalor

Post by Vexalor »

The same issue would arise when a creeper converted to a charged creeper, a pig became a pigman, etc. I personally don't think, based on the Minecraft code, that the new entity would stay leashed, but I'm not as informed on this issue as I make myself sound because I don't know how "being attached to a leash" is stored in the entity's data.