Player help in debugging tree growth

A place to talk to other users about the mod.
Somethingfishy

Player help in debugging tree growth

Post by Somethingfishy »

Hey guys, I've finally gathered up resources enough to work on creating an automatic tree farm, but I can't appear to get the tree sapling to grow. I've waited several minecraft days, and even removed most of my structure in case that was preventing it, now stripped down to what would be the very basics, can someone point out why it won't grow?

maxsi

Re: Player help in debugging tree growth

Post by maxsi »

are you sure that it is a Oak Tree sapling? because only those grow in front of a saw.
Blazara wrote:Better Than Wolves: So seamless, you don't know what you've got into... ;)
gftweek

Post by gftweek »

That looks like a birch sapling. While these are great as they don't have any branches, birch and spruce saplings need 2 empty blocks surrounding them before they will grow. You have to use a sand pusher style tree harvester for these. Several designs have been posted on the forums, and they can be very effective.

To use a saw design like that you will have to use oak or bloodwood, and limit the maximum height the tree can grow to in order to prevent branches. This means oak tree farms are quite slow due to the growing restrictions, whereas bloodwood don't have any restrictions.
Bynari

Post by Bynari »

Which texture pack is that?