Warframe

This forum is for anything that doesn't specifically have to do with Better Than Wolves
BinoAl

Warframe

Post by BinoAl »

...Yeah, I'm pretty addicted :)
http://store.steampowered.com/app/230410/
The best description I've heard yet is "Space ninjas, in space". It's a third person shooter with mmo elements, tons of unlockable characters and weapons, etc. I've played this for over 50 hours in the past couple weeks, I just can't stop :)
Kaitocain

Re: Warframe

Post by Kaitocain »

What is your ingame name so I can add you? Mine is Kaitocain!
BinoAl

Post by BinoAl »

Mine's BinoAl, of course :)
MaxAstro

Post by MaxAstro »

Just started playing this with my g/f. Pretty fun, although very grindy. Good LORD infested missions are hard solo... stupid toxic giants...
"In the near future, the apocalypse has had an apocalypse."
BinoAl

Post by BinoAl »

I've always preferred infested missions, though I always tend to focus on AoE when possible... :)
Flesh_Engine

Post by Flesh_Engine »

Been playing it rather frequently these days; it's rather refreshing somehow :)

I'd say the grind is enjoyable and not a burden, you can largely just play and have almost enough stuff to make what you want.

On average the devteam puts out 2 hotfixes/patches each week which is nice.

Edit; vs the Infested Ancients you want to shoot the right leg, just below the "eye" like kneeprotector or get an armor ignoring weapon (like the Boltor) or just charge melee them since that also ignores armor. An alternative is to jump & then perform a melee attack, depending on the weapon you are using you'll knock them down, if you then melee attack them you'll perform an execute attack which deals charge damage.
Depending on your 'frame, your abilities usually take care of them or make them easier to handle.
Keep in mind to use the terrain to your advantage if possible.

Feel free to add me ig; same handle without the underscore.
"An engine of flesh can do that..." // "Man feed Machine. Machine feed Man..."
BinoAl

Post by BinoAl »

Flesh_Engine wrote: Feel free to add me ig; same handle without the underscore.
Flesh Engine or FleshEngine? ;p

Also, me and some friends I play tf2 with actually started a clan, and you're both welcome to join, if you'd like. We're about 8 strong right now, I believe. We're trying to build up in time for the clan dojos coming next update :)
MaxAstro

Post by MaxAstro »

What's up with the clan dojos? I don't really play MMO style games very often and I've never been in a clan with more than two members, so the whole clan thing is kinda new to me. xD

In any case, I seem to be hooked, as is my g/f and another friend of ours, so I might take you up on that offer. I'm still not very far though - just a little ways into Saturn (man, the boss a few hops into Saturn - general something or other - is HARD; the three of us burnt six revives between us taking him down... stupid bullet-bubbles...).
BinoAl

Post by BinoAl »

MaxAstro wrote:What's up with the clan dojos? I don't really play MMO style games very often and I've never been in a clan with more than two members, so the whole clan thing is kinda new to me. xD

In any case, I seem to be hooked, as is my g/f and another friend of ours, so I might take you up on that offer. I'm still not very far though - just a little ways into Saturn (man, the boss a few hops into Saturn - general something or other - is HARD; the three of us burnt six revives between us taking him down... stupid bullet-bubbles...).
The clan dojos are basically going to be an area exclusive to members of any given clan. Higher-ups in the clan can plan where things will be built, and everyone in the clan can donate resources to build it. The 2 rooms I've seen are a research lab (Not too sure what it actually does yet) and a sparring room, where you can fight other members of your clan. I've never been too big on clans in any sort of mmo, but I actually made this one since most of my friends are part of the same tf2 clan, and a lot of them also got into warframe
MaxAstro

Post by MaxAstro »

Well that sounds cool. If you don't mind three more, I will suggest to my friend and my g/f that we all join up. I will add you as a contact next time I have a chance.

Current progress update: I decided I want a sniper rifle. Unfortunately, I decided this AFTER they made it a blueprint. :( But I now have half the materials! I just need to farm ~400 alloy plate. I'm sure that'll only take a mission or two... >.>
BinoAl

Post by BinoAl »

MaxAstro wrote:Well that sounds cool. If you don't mind three more, I will suggest to my friend and my g/f that we all join up. I will add you as a contact next time I have a chance.

Current progress update: I decided I want a sniper rifle. Unfortunately, I decided this AFTER they made it a blueprint. :( But I now have half the materials! I just need to farm ~400 alloy plate. I'm sure that'll only take a mission or two... >.>
Heh, allow plate is one of my most limiting resources most of the time. Kappa, on sedna is great for it and rubedo, along with a fuckton of mods and xp. It's also a pretty high difficulty mission though
MaxAstro

Post by MaxAstro »

Right now I'm repeatedly running Jackal for it, since he's pretty easy to solo if you know what you are doing. Kinda lame, though - I've killed him five times now and he's only dropped Polymer Bundles each time. >.< Still, I usually get anywhere from 20-80 alloy plate from drops during the mission.

Also, Bino, I sent you a friend request.
Solymr

Post by Solymr »

You've piqued my curiosity, I looked it up and looks pretty cool.

I'm going to try and start playing soon, any noob tips?
BinoAl

Post by BinoAl »

Solymr wrote:You've piqued my curiosity, I looked it up and looks pretty cool.

The best advice I could give is don't play solo when you start. Most people I know tried it, and got frustrated. The game is balanced around 4 person squads, so a single player will usually have trouble until they level up a bit
MaxAstro

Post by MaxAstro »

Ironically, I totally rocked single player when I started. That said, I had the advantage of Excalibur being the ~best frame ever~ (<--totally not biased). I can see how it would be frustrating if you didn't have slash dash to clear mobs.

I actually find playing online kinda frustrating because of the lack of teamwork and co-ordination. When I'm playing by myself or with friends, I can play tactically, clear rooms, spend time searching for loot, etc. Online, I kinda just have to keep moving and hope I can keep up with the herd.

Defense missions are much more fun online, though.
Andellmere

Post by Andellmere »

MaxAstro wrote:Ironically, I totally rocked single player when I started. That said, I had the advantage of Excalibur being the ~best frame ever~ (<--totally not biased). I can see how it would be frustrating if you didn't have slash dash to clear mobs.

I actually find playing online kinda frustrating because of the lack of teamwork and co-ordination. When I'm playing by myself or with friends, I can play tactically, clear rooms, spend time searching for loot, etc. Online, I kinda just have to keep moving and hope I can keep up with the herd.

Defense missions are much more fun online, though.
The Excalibur is indeed the best frame ever! Although I had no idea how to add abilities, good use of 'soft cover' (i.e. standing behind crap) will let you clear out most things without a problem.
Solymr wrote:You've piqued my curiosity, I looked it up and looks pretty cool.

Best noob tip: Learn the charge time for your heavy melee. Get used to charging it as you run towards enemies. Run away afterwards. This ghetto slash-dash lets you perform hit and runs during the early missions where enemies don't group up too much.
And watch for the orange guys. They have shotguns.
Need a combination door? I've got one you can use.
BinoAl

Post by BinoAl »

Andellmere wrote: The Excalibur is indeed the best frame ever!
MaxAstro wrote:That said, I had the advantage of Excalibur being the ~best frame ever~ (<--totally not biased).
Now now guys, you've obviously never played xini defense with a good Nyx :)
MaxAstro

Post by MaxAstro »

Other frames may have cool abilities. But Excalibur has ~style~. :p
Andellmere

Post by Andellmere »

I'm certainly interested in playing with other frames, both as them and with other players, but quite frankly, I trust the online community of any game as far as I can throw a refrigerator. And the Excalibur has what I need to do that. Plus, I've been ranking it up so...

If I would be any use at all to you guys, I'd offer to join you. But I'm still on Mercury because I've been playing too much Kerbal Space Program. Which is addicting, but not free.
BinoAl

Post by BinoAl »

Andellmere wrote: If I would be any use at all to you guys, I'd offer to join you. But I'm still on Mercury because I've been playing too much Kerbal Space Program. Which is addicting, but not free.
Don't worry about what you can do for us, worry about what we can do for you :) We've actually taken a few newer players out to the orokin void (The new area), and they've gained tons of levels and got over 70K credits per run :)
Andellmere

Post by Andellmere »

BinoAl wrote: Don't worry about what you can do for us, worry about what we can do for you :) We've actually taken a few newer players out to the orokin void (The new area), and they've gained tons of levels and got over 70K credits per run :)
Holy crap! That's insane! I've got something like a 10th of that in all my runs.

If you wish to add me, it's andellmere1 on steam. I'm going to be playing for awhile today, so you may see me online.
BinoAl

Post by BinoAl »

Andellmere wrote:
BinoAl wrote: Don't worry about what you can do for us, worry about what we can do for you :) We've actually taken a few newer players out to the orokin void (The new area), and they've gained tons of levels and got over 70K credits per run :)
Holy crap! That's insane! I've got something like a 10th of that in all my runs.

If you wish to add me, it's andellmere1 on steam. I'm going to be playing for awhile today, so you may see me online.
Is your name the same in warframe?
Andellmere

Post by Andellmere »

BinoAl wrote: Is your name the same in warframe?
Ah! No. Forgot that they had separate names. Sorry about that. It's just Andellmere on Warframe.

...Some guy already took andellmere for steam...
JakeZKAM

Post by JakeZKAM »

I saw this game come up awhile ago and dismissed it since I tend to avoid MMOs (too addictive and grindy for my own good usually hehe) but I saw a couple videos of gameplay and it looks pretty cool, I think I'll try it out now :)
BinoAl

Post by BinoAl »

JakeZKAM wrote:I saw this game come up awhile ago and dismissed it since I tend to avoid MMOs (too addictive and grindy for my own good usually hehe) but I saw a couple videos of gameplay and it looks pretty cool, I think I'll try it out now :)
Oh, it's very addictive and grindy. It is basically an MMO with third person run and gun combat, rather than standard rpg gameplay. If you don't like the grind (and addictiveness ;)) of MMOs, then stay the fuck away xD