MC Patcher Features Broken By BTW 4.68

If you're having problems with your installation of Better Than Wolves, or if you've woken up in the future and are beginning to doubt the nature of reality, here's the place to post about it.
Vexalor

Re: MC Patcher Features Broken By BTW 4.68

Post by Vexalor »

jecowa wrote:Kahr just posted an update to MCPatcher that improved compatibility with BTW. Connected-textured stone and ores work now.

http://www.minecraftforum.net/topic/149 ... ry22208956
I wonder how he managed to do that. After all, FC did entirely re-write render code.
jecowa

Post by jecowa »

Vexalor wrote:I wonder how he managed to do that. After all, FC did entirely re-write render code.
This is my theory: MCPatcher uses "find and replace" to add its code into the class files. Better Than Wolves changed the code in the class files that MCPatcher looks for, so MCPatcher couldn't find the line of code it needed to change. The new update to MCPatcher includes an "elseif statement that has it search for the line from FlowerChild's modified code if it is unable to find the code it normally searches for.
Vexalor

Post by Vexalor »

jecowa wrote:This is my theory: MCPatcher uses "find and replace" to add its code into the class files. Better Than Wolves changed the code in the class files that MCPatcher looks for, so MCPatcher couldn't find the line of code it needed to change. The new update to MCPatcher includes an "elseif statement that has it search for the line from FlowerChild's modified code if it is unable to find the code it normally searches for.
Ah... that would explain things. Didn't see that quote.
TheGatesofLogic

Post by TheGatesofLogic »

Yeah, the code has an elseif statement that is solely a contingency for if the indicative code is changed. Basically: if thiscodeishere patchnormally else patchwithBTWcompatibility (obviously not the actual code, but its accurate in the execution and a very simple code change for khar, especially given how logical FC's new rendering code is.

Edit: actually if it is a find and replace rather than a given location then it would potentially be quite different
Two feet standing on a principle
Two hands longing for each others warmth
Cold smoke seeping out of colder throats
Darkness falling, leaves nowhere to go
Wibbles

Post by Wibbles »

All is well again. MCPatcher 3.1.0-beta4 fixed compatibility with BTW, and I haven't detected any problems thus far. I'd still heed the beta warnings and backup everything first before using it, though. Nice one Kahr :)
TSA

Post by TSA »

Thalarctia wrote:CTM = Connected Textures Mod

So you claim it to be both broken and working?

palmface

i wanted to mean the custom colors mod. the one who gives a ton of textures for the same block.

that is the one i found not working
LunaticToad
TheGatesofLogic

Post by TheGatesofLogic »

TSA wrote:

palmface

i wanted to mean the custom colors mod. the one who gives a ton of textures for the same block.

The mod that allows for multiple textures to be on the same block is the Connected Textures Mod. You were more correct the first time. The custom colors mod allows for different colors in different biomes. Anyways, the problem is fixed with the new MCPatcher 3.1.0 beta. Khar, who develops MCPatcher, added a compatibility call for it.
Two feet standing on a principle
Two hands longing for each others warmth
Cold smoke seeping out of colder throats
Darkness falling, leaves nowhere to go
TSA

Post by TSA »

TheGatesofLogic wrote:
TSA wrote:

palmface

The mod that allows for multiple textures to be on the same block is the Connected Textures Mod. You were more correct the first time. The custom colors mod allows for different colors in different biomes. Anyways, the problem is fixed with the new MCPatcher 3.1.0 beta. Khar, who develops MCPatcher, added a compatibility call for it.
this shows how much i know about this stuff

glad it is fixed now.

Thanks for the imformation
LunaticToad