[4.899999][Whitelist] BTW Official Co-Op Server

This is the place for SMP server threads, and for general server discussion.
Thalarctia

Re: [4.69][Fuzzy Bunnies - Whitelist] BTW Official Co-Op Ser

Post by Thalarctia »

SterlingRed wrote:It has occurred to me we could use some sort of trading system while players are offline. Perhaps a public building near spawn with inboxes for each player and msg boards for what each player needs and what players are offering. Of course everything would work on the honor system. Last night in game we discovered several of us had an interest in commodities the others had in excess but we were all to busy or distracted to meet up.
A central location to deposit stuff could be pretty handy.
Isnt that the sort of thing that ender chests would be excellent for?
Pucc

Post by Pucc »

I think you guys need a rail network before anything else. It takes a good 20-30mins to get to the temple from spawn (I was told to go visit pumpkin tower and stumbled across it, impressive work). Although I'd imagine rails are expensive due to the change in iron?

It can't be just me who sees a smiley face on the map FC posted on the OP (near one of the abandoned villages). There's a biome intersection just above it that's taking my interest. Anybody living near there or planning to expand into it i.e. is it free to build there?

Edit: nvm someone's got a build there. Oh if anyone wants to go collect my stuff I died just east of FC's base where the desert meets the forest :P. Now I'm looking at the area south of K the swamp/lake area surrounded by a desert to the east jungle to the north and taiga to the west. There's nothing there except Six's respawn shack let me know if I'm good to go.
Last edited by Pucc on Thu May 02, 2013 10:12 am, edited 2 times in total.
CycloneSP

Post by CycloneSP »

If you mean looted village "I" then I don't think anyone is too close to that area. So sure go ahead.

As for the whole "trading depot/msg board" I was considering doing something simialar as one of my "spawn projects" but hadn't gotten around to it cuz I wanted a greater variety in building materials first. But yeah, once I get back on the server after finals are over I'd be more than willing to set something like that up. I think it would make a fine addition to the spawn area if done right.
"So tell me, what's it like living in a constant haze of stupidity?" - Hiei

"Snow is not fire, so it can still rain." -Kaitocain
SterlingRed

Post by SterlingRed »

Pucc wrote:I think you guys need a rail network before anything else. It takes a good 20-30mins to get to the temple from spawn (I was told to go visit pumpkin tower and stumbled across it, impressive work). Although I'd imagine rails are expensive due to the change in iron?

Edit: nvm someone's got a build there. Oh if anyone wants to go collect my stuff I died just east of FC's base where the desert meets the forest :P. Now I'm looking at the area south of K the swamp/lake area surrounded by a desert to the east jungle to the north and taiga to the west. There's nothing there except Six's respawn shack let me know if I'm good to go.
I think you're good in that area. Should be easy for you to tie into my road from there too.

Yeah because of hcs and this being old anarchy, bases are literally everywhere and over world travel times are massive. I think I will create a paint overlay of the nether portals and roads we have as I think I that will help you out. Can't do that until later today though. There is a portal near spawn and one at pk town that shortens the travel time to about 2 mins if that.
TheGatesofLogic

Post by TheGatesofLogic »

I've decided to maximize the efficiency of the server's nether portals as my ext project after finishing the walls around pumpkintown. I will be using my own home-made (with love of course) algorithms to determine the exact non-vertical nether location of the portal near spawn. My intent is to be able to abuse the exact-location-single-link quirk to find EXACT spawn relative to said portal. Once I find that I'll try to set up an iron beacon so we can accurately link all of the rest of the beacons. Anyone protest? (this will heavily affect some of the portals, but only one at a time, and only on the 'nether-output' side of things. Once I'm finished it should be back to normal)
Two feet standing on a principle
Two hands longing for each others warmth
Cold smoke seeping out of colder throats
Darkness falling, leaves nowhere to go
SterlingRed

Post by SterlingRed »

If it helps establish a baseline, my base portal is an exact link within a 10 block radius in the nether.
TheGatesofLogic

Wait... So your nether-side portal is within 10 nether-side(ie 40 ow-side) blocks of your OW-side portal's exact location? Btw, I'll be exploiting the java-floor method to calculate the exclusion zones and therefore their positions.

Edit: I'm brilliant! My method works! (Tested on ssp)

Edit 2: oh, wow.... I thought of a way to make this a hundred times easier by totally removing everything but the vertical location; map grid locations. Map grids are based around 0,0 if iirc so it should be rather easy to find spawns relative location in that case.
Last edited by TheGatesofLogic on Thu May 02, 2013 4:57 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Pucc

Post by Pucc »

SterlingRed wrote:I think you're good in that area. Should be easy for you to tie into my road from there too.
Yeah there's a road to the south which I think leads to you base? and one to the west (a compacted dirt path) that goes up to Six's spawn shack. At the moment I'm in the process of shifting all my goodies from my anarchy base to the new location (this will take awhile). It would help if I understood how the portals are linked - is there anyway to get to the portal in the ocean from the nether? Its the portal that's north east from point H on the map if that helps at all.
TheGatesofLogic

Also, SterlingRed, if you're portal really is that close then you could easily use a level one map to make it truly exact.
SterlingRed

Post by SterlingRed »

Didn't have a lot of time, but hopefully this will help Pucc and any others who aren't aware of some of the nether portals getting around a bit. These are the ones I use, there may be more. Feel free to add to it. Sorry its hard to read, like I said, ran out of time.

Spoiler
Show
Six have you put all 4 quadrants somewhere in this thread?

EDIT: The Orange lines are of roads built in the nether overlayed on their approximate location with respect to the overworld. So, not even close to scale. Travel times are much shorter in the nether.
TheGatesofLogic

Yeah... Pumpkin town is about a hundred or so meters farther away than that. The portal is in the far south desert.
SterlingRed

Post by SterlingRed »

TheGatesofLogic wrote:Yeah... Pumpkin town is about a hundred or so meters farther away than that. The portal is in the far south desert.
Yep I realized I got that wrong after I posted that. It's slightly off the map edge, but you should get the general idea. Eventually I'm going to use spawn in the ow as a 0,0 reference and mark exact locations of ow portals in relation to that and once we find exact spawn in the nether I'll do it there too, then it should be simple for anyone wishing to travel to find the nearest portal :-)
The Phoenixian

Post by The Phoenixian »

SterlingRed wrote: Six have you put all 4 quadrants somewhere in this thread?
As a matter of fact a comglomerated version is in this thread, although only a very few things are marked:
The Phoenixian wrote:Six opened the North portal a little while ago.
I haven't taken the time to reveal the entrance to the the East Stronghold just yet but the positions of both are marked on these maps, courtesy of Six.
Spoiler
Show
Red dots for strongholds, Black for Spawn.
The third stronghold remains stubbornly hidden, as Ender eyes refuse to lead to it no matter where they are thrown from.
♪ The screams of the souls of the damned and dying,
Fuels for me, the Industry. ♪
TheGatesofLogic

SterlingRed, icy solved your nether+villager=ADHD problem a while back in his lp. If you want evidence check out season 2 episode 14.
Six

Post by Six »

I just took this screenshot to share in irc, but I thought I might as well post it here too.

The current state of Pumpkintown:
Spoiler
Show
I think that empty lot in the top left is the perfect spot for a new equipment / dyeing building, what with the new armor and actual reason to make a decent amount of dye.
SterlingRed

Post by SterlingRed »

TheGatesofLogic wrote:SterlingRed, icy solved your nether+villager=ADHD problem a while back in his lp. If you want evidence check out season 2 episode 14.
Sweet I'll have to check that one out. I ended up building mine cart track and that worked for me.
Also maybe I'm missing something in the way maps work, but how are you using them to link portals? Maps are useless in the nether.

Thanks pheonixian for the map repost, that will be useful in marking out portal locations for getting around.
TheGatesofLogic

Re: [4.70][Fuzzy Bunnies - Whitelist] BTW Official Co-Op Ser

Maps align to chunk boundaries, which is useful, however i recently realized that by the time a map is practical the zone of exclusion is small enough that it doesn't really matter.
Pucc

Post by Pucc »

SterlingRed wrote:Didn't have a lot of time, but hopefully this will help Pucc and any others who aren't aware of some of the nether portals getting around a bit. These are the ones I use, there may be more. Feel free to add to it. Sorry its hard to read, like I said, ran out of time.
Thanks man that's quite helpful I should be able to come visit Pumpkin Town (if that's right?) with ease now, I've also have a vague recollection of where the nether fortresses are so that road to one will help a great deal. I'll probably be online tomorrow night to check it out.

Oh is anyone in need of cobblestone? I have a boat load in my anarchy base I'm considering just leaving there but anyone wants some I'll haul it all to the surface.
The Phoenixian

Post by The Phoenixian »

Hey Folks! I've got a couple things for you today: Namely mercantilism and philanthropy.
first off, A compilation of all of Sixs maps
Show

Legend: Red for spawn/Strongholds
White for Villages
Green for Player bases & objects of interest(Objects of interest will be marked blue later)
None of the labeling is done for player bases just yet but I figure this is a good time to make sure that everybody with a base has it on the map. If I've missed you, or an object you think is worthy of notation please feel free to call out.

For Battosay specifically: no need to call out your location: I've been working on the next version and have already found it from your instructions earlier in the thread. Amusingly, it's close enough to my old anarchy base that we were probably loading parts of each other's bases at times, which explains those times my player detector went off. Very nice place by the way.

Second, I have a trade deal for y'all: Right now I'm compiling materials for a rather large suspension bridge and as part of that I've cooked up a big batch of Whitestone and thus, have seven stacks of sulfur to spare (And quite possibly a lot more once I get going). So, If you find yourself hankering for a few bombs but aren't quite at the autokiln stage, or you just want an extra load of sulfur, then by all means allow me to enable your addiction to boom.

Now, what I'm most interested in for exchange is blackstone & quartz (See Suspension Bridge) but I'm open to other offers; Lapis, beacon materials, raw hellfire, Nether brick, and anything rare are all quite high on my list. For an odd trade, I'm also open for architectural expertise & assistance.

Note that this if someone who has a mobfarm is willing to partner with me, I can change this offer from sulfur to gunpowder.
SterlingRed

Post by SterlingRed »

I have an interest in acquiring large amounts of Whitestone as well. I think it would be worthwhile to build an enderman farm. Unfortunately I'm far from having the iron required for the pistons that are needed.

Edit: I am working on an over world mob farm to supply me with iron, however it'll be a few weeks before it's done. (limited play time).
TheGatesofLogic

Ok, the server's infrastructure sucks. It's official. By now we should have at least 4 more mob traps than we do and we should have at least one nether farm. What we have is embarrassingly small. Hell, pumpkintown is the most advanced place on the server and it doesn't even have an auto tree farm.

We need to be COOPERATIVE now, think of the server
DaveYanakov

Post by DaveYanakov »

I'm working on collecting snow from golems to build the snow dino mob trap if anyone wants to help build it.
Better is the enemy of Good
The Phoenixian

Post by The Phoenixian »

Well then: If Pumpkintown has a mob trap and, last I heard, no pig farm and I've got an animal farm on my project shortlist, then how about we divvy things up into a trade union?: If I supply the tallow, Whitestone & Brimstone, while Pumpkintown provides the Nitre (And we'll see about Coal/Reeds/Slime and the like) then we can have one complete Mining charge production operation between us.

Sound interesting?

Sterling: Yeah I've got enough iron reserves at the moment that it isn't as big a concern for me as some things, but if I'm still around once you've got that farm up I would certainly be willing to discuss selling whitestone & sulphur in exchange for it.
PrivateAlpha

Re: [4.71][Fuzzy Bunnies - Whitelist] BTW Official Co-Op Ser

Post by PrivateAlpha »

Although I have been away for awhile, I would like to apply for whitelisting. However being a bit of a lurker has not worked in my favor, but I do hope that the few posts I have made are notable enough for me to be deemed trustworthy.
Six

Re: [4.8][Fuzzy Bunnies - Whitelist] BTW Official Co-Op Serv

Post by Six »

Has anyone else been having problems with mobs / animals / villagers passing through walls or getting stuck in floors? I logged on the other day to find this in my villager housing:
Spoiler
Show
I know I've also seen a few instances of spiders getting through walls they shouldn't be able to and a skeleton walking right through a wooden fence.