Enchantment glint lag ever since 1.5?

This forum is for anything that doesn't specifically have to do with Better Than Wolves
ThatOneDude

Enchantment glint lag ever since 1.5?

Post by ThatOneDude »

I've noticed this in both Vanilla and BTW. Ever since 1.5, every time the enchantment glint is on the screen, the game lags. This is incredibly annoying, because it makes it impossible to use enchanted tools or Pot PVP. It's not so much just holding an item with the glint; it's when either throwing a potion at a wall near you, drawing back an enchanted bow, or being near a player holding an enchanted item. I can drop from 60 FPS to 15. I still drop when holding an enchanted item, but not as drastically.
I've run into people with this issue before, but haven't spoken to anyone yet who's found a solution. I've tried updating my video card drivers, turning off animations, and installing quite a few different "FPS++" mods that are supposed to fix this issue, but nothing has worked.
Anyone else experiencing the same problem?
Quality comes before quantity.
sin6il

Re: Enchantment glint lag ever since 1.5?

Post by sin6il »

I just tested this in a couple different worlds. In these tests I blocked with an enchanted and unenchanted diamond sword while observing my FPS. My character was staring straight down.

(My average FPS while playing is much lower than these numbers. It usually ranges from 20-60 while playing normally.)
In my singleplayer BTW world
Unenchanted Sword : 120-130
Enchanted Sword :110-120

In my Flat creative world
Unenchanted Sword : 210-220
Enchanted Sword : 190-200

So yes there does seem to be some FPS drop when using enchanted items. I don't think anything can be done to fix it, unless you make/use a mod to remove the glint. I am not a modder, so what I say is only a speculation.
EtherealWrath

Re: Enchantment glint lag ever since 1.5?

Post by EtherealWrath »

I notice this as well, full set of enchanted armour and a few tools- my FPS is halved, with killer lag spikes ever few min.
-Even worse in SMP when there's 3+ people all with enchanted gear.
Phantom screams echo through the ruined facility
A horrible silence builds an eerie tranquility
The souls of many innocent fill the air
The hope they all died with scattered down there