Noir's Designs (CLOSED UNTIL FURTHER NOTICE)

A place to talk to other users about the mod.
wirer

Re: Noir's Designs and Videos (Illogically Compact!)

Post by wirer »

Obsidian Generator is broken now. the Buddy detects the redstone being placed and sets off the whole machine
wirer

Post by wirer »

thanks for the design. will go test
BlackCat

Post by BlackCat »

Ribky: eh, maybe kinda iffy at first, but you grew on me like a glorious tumor of innovation
Detritus: A whole lot of walls decided they wanted to give you a hug, but you're allergic to walls

My Youtube Channel: http://www.youtube.com/illogicallycompact
RalphKastro

Post by RalphKastro »

I think you should check your egg cracker, I found some chickens spawning outside of the contanment
Wookieguy

Post by Wookieguy »

I believe that your compact soul bottler may be defunct, and I believe equally strongly that I wasn't able to reproduce it right from the pictures. My problem is that the urn dispenser toggles twice because of the BUD detecting the detector block going on and going off. The urn doesn't fill enough to get past the minecart stopper, so it never fills at all. There is small possibility that a recent update broke it, so you may want to take a peek yourself.

The best way to answer may be to tell me how you solved the issue of the BUD detecting twice on the block detector, so I can see how that problem isn't solved on mine.
Estimated airspeed velocity of an unladen European swallow: 24 mph
Thalarctia

Post by Thalarctia »

Love how the last couple of posts here consist of people going "Dude, fix your sh*t!" instead of either politely asking for help or trying to understand how the designs work in the first place, so as to solve the issues on their own.

Seriously people, Noir has been keeping this thread up to help people see how the various redstone blocks can be used in a greater whole - He has a ton of designs, made over many versions of BTW (and minecraft itself), and he's doing this in his spare time.
milkmandan

Post by milkmandan »

I was wondering if you know of a way to sort seeds from bonemeal automatically.
FlowerChild wrote:
Ribky wrote:What did you do with bonemeal? And can I mix it with clay and smear it on myself for instant growth?
You'll be receiving an email soon with instructions on how to order my patented instant growth formula.
savagelung

Post by savagelung »

milkmandan wrote:I was wondering if you know of a way to sort seeds from bonemeal automatically.
I believe a bellows will blow seeds 2 blocks away, and bone meal three blocks away. I'm not certain about that, and I couldn't get the design I came up with to work:
Spoiler
Show
Hopefully someone more knowledgeable than me can come up with a solution.
Rianaru

Post by Rianaru »

You could always run everything past some chickens. They eat the seeds, you're left with the bonemeal. I can't think of anything else you might use seeds for anyways, especially if you're at a high enough tech tier to get to sorting
FlowerChild wrote: -----

A short while later:

FlowerChild: What is this pussy shit?
FlowerChild
Site Admin

Post by FlowerChild »

milkmandan wrote:I was wondering if you know of a way to sort seeds from bonemeal automatically.
What I don't get is why would the two even be mixed in the first place. In order for that to happen, you'd somehow have to have bones and seeds coming out of the same system (and I can't think of a system with that output), separate the two, grind the bones, then recombine the resulting bone-meal and seeds for some unknown reason.

In other words, your question is a big wtf? :)
Thalarctia

Post by Thalarctia »

FlowerChild wrote:What I don't get is why would the two even be mixed in the first place. In order for that to happen, you'd somehow have to have bones and seeds coming out of the same system (and I can't think of a system with that output), separate the two, grind the bones, then recombine the resulting bone-meal and seeds for some unknown reason.

In other words, your question is a big wtf? :)
We actually have an automatic wheat farm that does this - Rigged up to fire each block dispenser twice, with all the uneven slots being seeds, the even ones being bonemeal. If the machine harvests before all the wheat is grown, the fertilized plant pot wont revert to normal, and the bonemeal being dispensed will just land on top. This sometimes results in a bit of bonemeal flowing along with the seeds. Now, this is a complete non-issue, both because the machine is not reloading, but also because the seeds and bonemeal would go into the same dispenser anyway...
FlowerChild
Site Admin

Post by FlowerChild »

Thalarctia wrote:We actually have an automatic wheat farm that does this
Ah, that makes more sense, thanks for the explanation :)
Ethinolicbob

Post by Ethinolicbob »

FlowerChild wrote:We actually have an automatic wheat farm that does this
Yeah I have a system much like that except that I have the bonemeal travelling en masse from a water-flow at the top and the water-flow is what harvests the wheat zig-zagging across each level.
For that problem I use HC buoyancy to solve it.
milkmandan

Post by milkmandan »

Occasionally dispensers of bonemeal end up doubling up on a particular planter, thus when harvesting seeds and meal end up in the stream. Also, I was considering trying a version with a water stream harvest that fertilizes at the same time which would exasperate the problem of mixing.

Also, they're both buoyant, both get blown 3 tiles by bellows and both go in a wicker filtered hopper. I can't use chickens as I want the seeds for replanting.

Basically trying to get the seeds automatically recycled back into the seed dispensers using item elevators. Got everything working but the sorting.
FlowerChild wrote:
Ribky wrote:What did you do with bonemeal? And can I mix it with clay and smear it on myself for instant growth?
You'll be receiving an email soon with instructions on how to order my patented instant growth formula.
BlackCat

Post by BlackCat »

Sorry I've not been keeping up with the thread as much lately, I've been somewhat busy.

I'll take a look at the soul bottler, I'm guessing it has something to do with the update that changed how buddy blocks react to placing redstone components.

Edit: Unless buddy blocks now react to changes in state from redstone torches, I don't see how it could have been broken, but I will do a test shortly.
Ribky: eh, maybe kinda iffy at first, but you grew on me like a glorious tumor of innovation
Detritus: A whole lot of walls decided they wanted to give you a hug, but you're allergic to walls

BlackCat

Post by BlackCat »

Fuck me sideways, it's 100% broken.

I'm not going to be able to fix it unless I add a repeater, which means increasing the dimensions.

I'll see if I can work out a fix :\

Wookieguy

Post by Wookieguy »

Thanks for taking a look, as that is a fantastic design. I'll invent my own design for my purposes, so know that no one is waiting on you.

I also noticed recently that my sand pusher tree harvester broke because of a change to how pistons function. Shoving a block under a pushed upwards sand block before it falls will not always be successful. If you have any designs that involve something like that, you may want to take a look.
Estimated airspeed velocity of an unladen European swallow: 24 mph
STrRedWolf

Post by STrRedWolf »

Double-check your wheat module. It's now trying to plant in thin air, and failing before the planter is placed.

I will need to redesign my setup so it uses old-fashioned water flushing in the meanwhile.... or... since the detector can detect a light beam as it's passing by...
BlackCat

Re: Noir's Designs (CLOSED UNTIL FURTHER NOTICE)

Post by BlackCat »

I've posted a notice at the top of the thread, I'm sorry about any damage done to worlds using my designs, but I've had more than enough to push me over the edge.

Redstone isn't fun for me anymore, it's as simple as that.

After a while I began to run out of designs I wanted to make, and then things started to break, then 1.5 came out and it was like a bomb hit.

Once again, I'm sorry, but I don't want to turn my once fun hobby into another source of stress. I'm guessing most of you can understand where I'm coming from, but I don't expect everyone to agree with my choice.

icynewyear

Post by icynewyear »

I completely understand. <3
DiamondArms

Post by DiamondArms »

Fair Enough. Maybe it's about time we had a Redstone/Automation build sharing thread.
BlackCat

Post by BlackCat »

May be a good idea to resurrect the useful builds thread in that case.

Yhetti

Post by Yhetti »

I'm really confused, is the Dung and sand contraption supposed to produce clay? I've never heard of that mechanic...
FlowerChild
Site Admin

Post by FlowerChild »

Ok, so that question was worth a 3-4 month necro?

Noir, just PM me if you want this thread re-opened at some point.