Vanilla Minecraft News Discussion

A place to talk to other users about the mod.
FlowerChild
Site Admin

Re: Vanilla Minecraft News Discussion

Post by FlowerChild »

Well...some people seem to object to diamonds to get villagers in the mood, so maybe a donkey show is more appropriate?

EDIT: And finally! Additional uses for the Breeding Harness!
Jeet

Post by Jeet »

FlowerChild wrote:EDIT: And finally! Additional uses for the Breeding Harness!
/dances

Glue factories here I come!
Stormweaver

Post by Stormweaver »

Huh. The Enderdragon, then The Wither, and now horses?

I could understand if it was some sort of boss mob or something but...it's livestock. So why does it have a neck? None of the other mobs have necks. Hell, even steve, zombies, and villagers don't get necks. But the final boss? Neck. The optional boss? Neck(s). And now with horses...

...I suspect there's more to these equestrian fiends than meets the eye.
PatriotBob wrote:Damn it, I'm going to go eat pumpkin pie while I still think that it tastes good.
ScubaPlays

Post by ScubaPlays »

EtherealWrath wrote:...but now it's some kind of joke/footnote rather than part of the game's character.
It was always a joke, especially before the addition of the carrot on a stick.
Thorium-232

Post by Thorium-232 »

FlowerChild wrote:Well...some people seem to object to diamonds to get villagers in the mood, so maybe a donkey show is more appropriate?
I seriously couldn't find a single best moment in this 9 minutes of cinematic magic, so I'll just link to the whole thing. (link instead of embedded due to subject matter)
Stormweaver wrote:Then you can just use the day/night cycle to separate out the adults, and put the kids in storage till you're ready to murder them.
Fret

Post by Fret »

Hello everybody, long time lurker here. Never made an account, but playing around with horses in the new snapshot I came across something I just had to share.

So you all know minecraft has saddles right? And you know they want horses right? Normal person would say 1+1=2. So saddle plus horse is a mount. NO! They added a special horse saddle craftable with a little iron and leather.

I was really looking forward to horses myself. But this little thing pretty much ruined most of the fun for me. With the original saddle one needed atleast to find and survive a spawner for mounts. No longer the case :(

(also they jump weirdly high)
Mud

Post by Mud »

So I'm going to ask the question on everyone's lips since I'm stuck at work and away from MC...

Are Bales a wheat storage block?
TheChinchilla

Post by TheChinchilla »

Mud wrote: So I'm going to ask the question on everyone's lips since I'm stuck at work and away from MC...

Hay Bales don't have a recipe yet. But I imagine Mojang will add a recipe in another snapshot. It seems safe to assume that the Hay Bale will be a wheat storage/decorative block. If not, I can't imagine what its purpose will be.
Thorium-232

Post by Thorium-232 »

TheChinchilla wrote:If not, I can't imagine what its purpose will be.
Did they not say that horses would be fed from hay bales, or is that speculation I'm recalling?
Stormweaver wrote:Then you can just use the day/night cycle to separate out the adults, and put the kids in storage till you're ready to murder them.
Eramus_the_5th

Post by Eramus_the_5th »

TheChinchilla wrote:
Mud wrote: So I'm going to ask the question on everyone's lips since I'm stuck at work and away from MC...

Hay Bales don't have a recipe yet. But I imagine Mojang will add a recipe in another snapshot. It seems safe to assume that the Hay Bale will be a wheat storage/decorative block. If not, I can't imagine what its purpose will be.
Sethbling proposed that horses might eat from them, but that doesn't seem right.

I have to say, out of all the times they used an idea from a mod, this one feels the most like a straight rip (except for smooth lighting and the world select screen). They'll probably add bears next.
Thyrllann

Post by Thyrllann »

I'm just waiting for them to add the villager-zombie mechanic to horses, based off those unused skins. Hehe, protect your horses, or they'll try to eat your brains :)
FlowerChild wrote:MCF would probably not approve of "you've got a massive spider-cock stuck in your throat" status effect.
Mud

Post by Mud »

Eramus_the_5th wrote: I have to say, out of all the times they used an idea from a mod, this one feels the most like a straight rip (except for smooth lighting and the world select screen). They'll probably add bears next.
I thought the author of Mo'creatures worked with them on this one?
Six

Post by Six »

Fret wrote:(also they jump weirdly high)
This little bit bothers me. The 1 high jump height is kind of a thing in a lot of MC design, with 2 high (or 1.5 high) walls being impassable. All they needed to do to make the jump stand out in the game, is to make it 2 high, which would let you jump fences and pass things previously impassable. Instead, we have spring based flying horses. I'd hope this gets addressed before they make it to an official release, but from previous experience I'm not holding my breath.
JakeZKAM

Post by JakeZKAM »

It is pretty much a strait rip. The different horses, Armor, moving storage, and that dumb idea with the saddle are all directly from Mo Creatures. I don't really find taking many of the horse features from Mo Creatures to be an issue as for me they feel like the best part of the mod, But they're including a lot of the bad ones too :/.

The saddles and the Donkey Chest Butts irritate me, I don't know how I feel about carpets though. I haven't tried the snap shot but I'm assuming you can actually ride them? Or can you just look at the pretty horses for now?
Tabshank

Post by Tabshank »

I think I like the new leashes ;)
Spoiler
Show
MoRmEnGiL

Post by MoRmEnGiL »

Hahah, why do I get the image of 10 wolves hanged over a water flow being force fed food :P
War..
War never changes.

Remember what the dormouse said
DaveYanakov

Post by DaveYanakov »

They really need to add a strap texture going across the mule's withers to those saddlebags. Details matter, Mojang!
Better is the enemy of Good
Splee999

Post by Splee999 »

Did anyone notice that horses can run up 1 block high heights without jumping and "charge" a jump up to 4 blocks high? This... could change almost everything we know about Minecraft travel...

Also:

Able to leap small buildings and hills in a single bound... IT'S SUPERHORSE!
Yhetti

Post by Yhetti »

The hay bales are ugly though! Kao's Bales looked all nice D:
johnt

Post by johnt »

i really dig the carpet.
enzyme_a113_2

Post by enzyme_a113_2 »

Eramus_the_5th wrote:[They'll probably add bears next.
And ogres, werewolves, more crappy golems, and perhaps even foxes. All with awful high-res textures (http://i.imgur.com/zuMK2.png) that don't fit in with the vanilla game. *shudders*

And the best part? With the new crafting recipe, you'll be able to have ultra fast travel through the overworld within your second night exploring! Huzzah!
Calcifire3691

Post by Calcifire3691 »

enzyme_a113_2 wrote:
Eramus_the_5th wrote:[They'll probably add bears next.
And ogres, werewolves, more crappy golems, and perhaps even foxes. All with awful high-res textures (http://i.imgur.com/zuMK2.png) that don't fit in with the vanilla game. *shudders*

And the best part? With the new crafting recipe, you'll be able to have ultra fast travel through the overworld within your second night exploring! Huzzah!
I'd love them to add ogres and werewolves, even if it was just for one version, the MCF tears would be delicious ^_^

and that use of the tethers is just beautiful, it can be used for both decoration AND automation of dung farming :P
ion

Post by ion »

they're so stupid and just forgot that there is a saddle in the vanilla MC. why don't just use that is beyond my comprehension. carpets are nice and good for building, rest is just meh.
but a leashed villager in a gimp suit...
julkwiec

Post by julkwiec »

Am I the only one who thinks that horse model is way too detailed? I mean the straps around the head, hooves... They are moving away from the original MC's visual design.
devak

Post by devak »

julkwiec wrote:Am I the only one who thinks that horse model is way too detailed? I mean the straps around the head, hooves... They are moving away from the original MC's visual design.
i kind of like it, i wouldn't mind the other mobs getting a model rework. i mean, most models have been in since.....well at least pre 1.0. however if everything remains the same, yea it's way overdone. i understand people want pretty ponies but...

i did play around with horses a bit and while it's nice that you can shoot a bow etc, the head is constantly in the way in 1st person view and in 3rd person view i don't see anything my character is doing (like how far my bow is charged) and it feels.. bad.