[4.899999][Whitelist] BTW Official Co-Op Server

This is the place for SMP server threads, and for general server discussion.
SterlingRed

Re: [4.65][Fuzzy Bunnies - Whitelist] BTW Official Co-Op Ser

Post by SterlingRed »

That road you built all the way to your base would be very convenient for towing a wither...
FlowerChild
Site Admin

Post by FlowerChild »

SterlingRed wrote:That road you built all the way to your base would be very convenient for towing a wither...
Remember who wields the banhammer Mr "I shall unleash a plague upon the land!" :)
icynewyear

Post by icynewyear »

Why do I have a feeling Im gonna come across the wither during an episode of wandering vagrant?
SterlingRed

Post by SterlingRed »

FlowerChild wrote:
SterlingRed wrote:That road you built all the way to your base would be very convenient for towing a wither...
Remember who wields the banhammer Mr "I shall unleash a plague upon the land!" :)
Well first idea for fighting this wither was spawning an entire army of ghasts. So really you should be thanking me that I did not unleash that plague!
wirer

Post by wirer »

Suggestion for wither fight:

Enchanted Composite bow with standard arrows for long range. Pray for light lag.

Stage 2: iron golems
TheGatesofLogic

Post by TheGatesofLogic »

So I would love to be whitelisted here, and Six has been hoping I would be able to join him in pumpkin town

my IGN: GxLogic
Two feet standing on a principle
Two hands longing for each others warmth
Cold smoke seeping out of colder throats
Darkness falling, leaves nowhere to go
Ethazeriel

Post by Ethazeriel »

I'm not sure whose house this is, but you might have a slight wither problem. While on a creeper-induced hardcore spawn adventure, I stumbled upon your house and your somewhat irate neighbor:
Spoiler
Show
I tried to lead him away from the building, but with no armor or survival gear I was unable to get very far. Upon respawning I noticed that the building is only about 50 blocks away from spawn, so be warned: there is a wither on the loose near spawn. If anyone has a set of gear it would be a good idea to take him down before he can damage player builds.

In other news, I've started to establish a base on the server:
Spoiler
Show
Psion

Post by Psion »

Wish I could join in the wither hunt, but FC hasn't responded to the my post last week. I didn't want to ask him about it, since he's busy with the 1.5 port, but at the same time I've been wanting to play MC in multiplayer again thanks to all the recent updates restoring the fun in minecraft! I was on Edolas server a long time ago before collage, FFXIV, and Don't Starve took my life away, but their server is all the way in Europe, so the lag can reach up to a couple seconds a lot of the time, making it difficult for me to play. That's why I was hoping for a closer server, and I also wanted to see everyone's awesome creations as well!

FC, I apologize for asking again, but are you willing to let me join the official server? If not, I understand, but I just wanted to know so I could try and look for other servers to join, since I'm not one to server hop. ^^;
SterlingRed

Post by SterlingRed »

Briali wrote:I'm not sure whose house this is, but you might have a slight wither problem. While on a creeper-induced hardcore spawn adventure, I stumbled upon your house and your somewhat irate neighbor

That would be the outpost cyclone and I built. He wanted to build an arena area in a mine surface to bedrock. We decided a gold beacon would be useful so... The wither was created. Well that obviously got out of hand. Sorry it killed you. Yes we are aware that structure is at risk. I won't be able to play for about a week due to real life stuff
Benanov

Post by Benanov »

Psion wrote:Wish I could join in the wither hunt, but FC hasn't responded to the my post last week.
You're not the only one in this boat. I figure it's the Hollywood style of whitelisting - don't call us, we'll call you. Don't nag, it's unbecoming.
There's only one V in my name, thanks.

<TaterBoy> I figured out why there's so much lag. We have too much iron.
FlowerChild
Site Admin

Post by FlowerChild »

Sorry guys, been rather busy with the 1.5 update. Will review the whitelist applications once I'm done with that.

But yes, please don't ask about it again. If it happens...it happens :)
Psion

Post by Psion »

Understood! Sorry about that ^^;
The Phoenixian

Post by The Phoenixian »

Hey FC: Remember how you killed me back when the server was young? Well apparently, there was a problem with that and an item you should have received has only now been delivered. You should be able to find it outside the front of your base. (Just a quick gag: Nothing you can't tear down in five seconds.)

That said, I must express morbid amusement that it is now possible to
Warning: Punchline Spoiler
Show
send people severed heads in the mail, even if you have to build the mailboxes yourself.

In other news, I'll be building a road to my base out east soon. I expect most of the area is uninhabited, with the significant exception of Face Foiled's place. (I'd like to talk with you about that to make sure it's okay, or see how far away you'd like me to move it.)

However to make sure, I've added a number of road markers to the area. Each one is composed of a wood pillar on top of a cobble block. If you see one of them and don't want a road there or know that someone lives there would wouldn't want a road, please contact me.

Picture for an example.
Spoiler
Show
Also Cyclone: I'm planning the road to start near your base: You okay with that?
Last edited by The Phoenixian on Wed Apr 17, 2013 11:52 am, edited 1 time in total.
♪ The screams of the souls of the damned and dying,
Fuels for me, the Industry. ♪
FaceFoiled

Post by FaceFoiled »

Go right ahead man. I initially planned on building onto/into the jungle there, but decided it would be best served as temp base to collect resources and find a better suited location. =)
Six

Post by Six »

So I had an unfortunate skeleton lag incident while out trying to work out where any of the other Strongholds are, and I got this as my respawn point:
Spoiler
Show
It was actually pretty interesting, I was able to use the spawn change timer to use this as a chance to see how my computer handles running around with a wither firing at me. I also used it as a chance to pull the wither back to this pit, and left once I had it safely a little underground. So it isn't roaming quite as much anymore, though it was shooting at bats when I left it.
CycloneSP

Re: [4.66][Fuzzy Bunnies - Whitelist] BTW Official Co-Op Ser

Post by CycloneSP »

Yeah man, go right ahead. Just keep the typical road convention that most everyone's been using and it should be fine. If you need extra cobble, I've got a cobble gen down in my base somewhere.
"So tell me, what's it like living in a constant haze of stupidity?" - Hiei

"Snow is not fire, so it can still rain." -Kaitocain
SterlingRed

Post by SterlingRed »

Withers are easier to deal with when they are underground so thanks for that six. I can now dig a long tunnel underground for him to chew toward me as I back up shooting him out of harms way. Unfortunately real life has been insane as of late. I'm dedicating whatever playtime I end up with next week to resolving this issue. That is if I don't get distracted by anything in the new update.

Edit: I saw concern expressed in the release thread in this server over the extent of the nether and how far out quartz would be. The road/bridge to the stronghold extends out pretty far. If you were to continue traveling in that same direction you should hit new territory pretty quickly. I have the rails required for building a railway on that road by the way. I do not have powered rails though
Six

Post by Six »

SterlingRed wrote:Edit: I saw concern expressed in the release thread in this server over the extent of the nether and how far out quartz would be. The road/bridge to the stronghold extends out pretty far. If you were to continue traveling in that same direction you should hit new territory pretty quickly. I have the rails required for building a railway on that road by the way. I do not have powered rails though
I dug out from my base to the south in the Nether last night and hit new chunks. Didn't take too long and you can tell when you hit them because the lava fall re-lighting FPS drop hits, and man is it bad. Anyway, returned with 2 stacks of the quartz ore, now I just need to get the XP for my fortune mattock and I'll be rolling in the stuff.
DaveYanakov

Post by DaveYanakov »

Gotta make sure to check if all those nether blocks are grass, don'cha know. Do you mind if I grab some ore from that area? I don't have a silk touch pick to exploit it but I don't need more than half a stack or so.
Better is the enemy of Good
FlowerChild
Site Admin

Post by FlowerChild »

DaveYanakov wrote:Gotta make sure to check if all those nether blocks are grass, don'cha know. Do you mind if I grab some ore from that area? I don't have a silk touch pick to exploit it but I don't need more than half a stack or so.
Actually, beyond that, I think I have a good idea of what's causing the nether stutter. Will have a go at that as part of my optimization work later in the week.
Six

Post by Six »

FlowerChild wrote: Actually, beyond that, I think I have a good idea of what's causing the nether stutter. Will have a go at that as part of my optimization work later in the week.
It was my understanding that people put this down to the lighting for many chunks needing to be recauculated each time the lava flows spread after new chunks were generated.
DaveYanakov wrote:Do you mind if I grab some ore from that area? I don't have a silk touch pick to exploit it but I don't need more than half a stack or so.
Sure, but it's quite a trip south of you to get here. I've also got a villager that can put a silk touch, efficiency 2 enchant on an iron pick for you for 4 emeralds or so.
FlowerChild
Site Admin

Post by FlowerChild »

Six wrote: It was my understanding that people put this down to the lighting for many chunks needing to be recauculated each time the lava flows spread after new chunks were generated.
It's possible, but I have a hunch that it might be otherwise. We'll see shortly ;)

Probably should continue any such discussion in my dev-diary thread though, as we're rapidly heading off topic.
Six

Post by Six »

FlowerChild wrote:Sorry guys, been rather busy with the 1.5 update. Will review the whitelist applications once I'm done with that.)
Just to make the process easier, here's the requests from the last few pages:

viewtopic.php?p=118141#p118141 - Psion
viewtopic.php?p=118223#p118223 - Benanov
viewtopic.php?p=119038#p119038 - TheGatesofLogic

If I missed anyone, shout out, as it's very easy to have messages slip through the cracks.
FlowerChild
Site Admin

Post by FlowerChild »

Ben and Gates added. If there were any others than the above 3 let me know.
Bunnyboy40

Post by Bunnyboy40 »

Hello, awesome server uh, i wish to join this server, my username is Bunnyboy40 and i have a 2 year experience with minecraft and i have only been banned on one occasion and that revolved an admin spam killing me for *fun*. i dissaproved of this and i used a diamond sword... may i please join this server?
On the next page it explains my loyalty, so, yeah.
Last edited by Bunnyboy40 on Sat Apr 20, 2013 4:37 am, edited 1 time in total.