Vanilla Minecraft News Discussion

A place to talk to other users about the mod.
Solymr

Re: Vanilla Minecraft News Discussion

Post by Solymr »

I think that with the abundance of coal and iron and the possibility to make charcoal in the furnace in vanilla it's not too bad actually, you'll be using stone picks and tools just until you get to mine the tons of iron available in vanilla.
In BTW it would present a little more trouble since iron is not so abundant anymore, so you'll be relying on stone picks until you get to the end game. The only way to make large amounts of stone without wasting all your coal is with the crucible, and by that stage you can recycle your iron tools and make steel ones.
ScubaPlays

Post by ScubaPlays »

"Minecraft horse with armor, bound to a fence post"
Spoiler
Show
http://instagram.com/p/X7jqeNpMOn/#
Simurgh

Post by Simurgh »

But can it ride in a minecart on the back of a spider? Thats the real issue.
devak

Post by devak »

ScubaPlays wrote:"Minecraft horse with armor, bound to a fence post"
Spoiler
Show
:O

today on the server, i had JUST THAT TALK with someone.

"before you know, Mojang notices breeding harnesses and next we get armored horse-mounted combat"

*facepalm*

well maybe Mojang will consider upgrading their models a bit :P
damnitmcnabbit

Post by damnitmcnabbit »

That Pig behind him looks so sad.
Simurgh

Post by Simurgh »

In all seriousness though, there is probably a self-imposed pressure to include stuff like this in every update. It shifts more units quickly than something that isn't as tangible. At least dinnerbone is trying with balance - charcoal/stone and recently mob AI.
ScubaPlays

Post by ScubaPlays »

The horse armor seems a bit much, but I don't dislike the idea of horses over all (in the very least, I'm willing to see how their implementation goes).
darahalian

Post by darahalian »

damnitmcnabbit wrote:That Pig behind him looks so sad.
Hehe, yeah. He's probably just jealous of the horse who is taking his place as Steve's mount.
FlowerChild wrote:Remain ever vigilant against the groth menace my friends. Early detection is crucial in avoiding a full-blown groth epidemic.
magikeh

Post by magikeh »

LADIES AND GENTLEMEN! May i point out the most disturbing point of this image! This feature will completely change the face of the game as we know it. There is a roundish item in the game now, and it is not just a pixelated one, oh boy no this is a completely rounded off pretty new looking item.
Be Disgusted
Show
We can only pray and hope for the future that this trend does not continue ;)
Magical Shit
Show
Syruse|Work: i like magic shit
MagikEh: ...
MagikEh: >.>
MagikEh: <.<
»» MagikEh walks to the bathroom
Syruse|Work: hahaaaaaaaaa
Syruse|Work: wait
MagikEh: xD
Syruse|Work: fuck
Syruse|Work: NO
Syruse|Work: DONT
FlowerChild
Site Admin

Post by FlowerChild »

magikeh wrote:LADIES AND GENTLEMEN! May i point out the most disturbing point of this image! This feature will completely change the face of the game as we know it. There is a roundish item in the game now, and it is not just a pixelated one, oh boy no this is a completely rounded off pretty new looking item.
Fishing line man. Not much different.
FaceFoiled

Post by FaceFoiled »

Are the shadows circular at the moment as well? Do we even have shadows? :P
FlowerChild
Site Admin

Post by FlowerChild »

FaceFoiled wrote:Are the shadows circular at the moment as well? Do we even have shadows? :P
Errr...yes on both counts man. They've been there for as long as I can remember :)
DaveYanakov

Post by DaveYanakov »

Spoiler
Show
If they don't publish this horse armor as downloadable content, they're missing out.
Better is the enemy of Good
FlowerChild
Site Admin

Post by FlowerChild »

DaveYanakov wrote: If they don't publish this horse armor as downloadable content, they're missing out.
Lol...Oblivion reference FTW :)

I'm ashamed to say I bought that one when it first came out, just based on faith in Bethesda as a company that I was getting my money's worth. I've been exceedingly cautious about DLC ever since ;)
Kazuya Mishima

Post by Kazuya Mishima »

I like the ability to tie things up to posts, with hardcore ecology that could develop into more interesting gameplay strategies. That's the only interesting thing in that picture.
Sage

Post by Sage »

Bounding to posts? Why I'm feeling that Mojang won't understand the potential of this feature...?

Let's just wait for FC's hardcore bondage :P
FlowerChild wrote:
Serjo44 wrote:today i was banned on ip for reason: <dances>
what i have do wrong?
Whatever it is...you just did it again.
ion

Post by ion »

jakerman999 wrote:I think too many off the comments here are just based around bashing anything related to the updates of vMC. Specifically, having only smoothstone being used in crafting recipes: yes it draws out the early game, no it isn't bad or useless. If you look at BTW most of the recent changes are accomplishing that same thing. Lengthening the early game (even by just marginal amounts). The benefits come from that small amount of waiting time in which players have the opportunity to go do something else.

When you come back from mining, do you put your ore in the furnace and wait for it to finish? Personally, I go off and work upon any number of projects that are in various stages of completion. Cobblestone would just become another type of ore. It's not bad at all.
because that feature only add 10 more seconds to all vanilla play, per person, per world. only if you play with some self imposed rules you'll get that stone tool things.
FC disabled beds and added hardcore spawn. and those two little things makes you remake the tools often in your world, so the impact will be only for us BTW players, or for Vechs maps. those 2 should stop listening to sethbling Vechs company and actually smooth out the existing features.( zombie siege, villager trading,ghost boats etc)
agentwiggles

Post by agentwiggles »

Gotta say, I think that horse mob looks pretty good. I also dig the idea of being able to tie them to a post. Not sure how I feel about them in general, but, especially having read through this thread I think they have a lot of potential. But...

I recently rode a pig for the first time in my server and I was pretty amused by it. Since my brother and i are the only two on our server who've found carrots, and we've planted them in a secret place to prevent the plebs from gaining access to our advanced carrot technology, we've been riding pigs around as a status symbol.

Horses seem cool, but I'm not sure they'll have the same bourgeois charm.... Plump bastards ftw!
Detritus

Post by Detritus »

DaveYanakov wrote:
Spoiler
Show
If they don't publish this horse armor as downloadable content, they're missing out.
When I first saw that, that's actually what I thought it was a reference to :/ :P
All parts should go together without forcing. You must remember that the parts you are reassembling were disassembled by you. Therefore, if you can't get them together again, there must be a reason. By all means, do not use a hammer.
finite8

Post by finite8 »

Sage wrote:Let's just wait for FC's hardcore bondage :P
I think "Gimp Suits" are hardcore enough without adding Bondage to it as well.

I am suddenly having these disturbing images of walking into a villager house and seeing two villagers in gimp suits with one bound to a bed.

Awkward....
Flowerchild (IRC) wrote:I'm not trying to stop you BTW ..., I'm saying that I think you're a piece of shit...not the same thing
FlowerChild
Site Admin

Post by FlowerChild »

finite8 wrote: I am suddenly having these disturbing images of walking into a villager house and seeing two villagers in gimp suits with one bound to a bed.

Awkward....
Not as awkward as if one is holding a screw pump.
Gilberreke

Post by Gilberreke »

FlowerChild wrote:Lol...Oblivion reference FTW :)

I'm ashamed to say I bought that one when it first came out, just based on faith in Bethesda as a company that I was getting my money's worth. I've been exceedingly cautious about DLC ever since ;)
That was actually my favorite DLC, for a few reasons.

I bought it, installed it and loved the horse armor look (price was a bit steep, but hey). Problem is, the quest was buggy and suddenly I was the only one in Tamriel with this awesome armor. Result? I dug into the construction kit, made the quest make more sense/ironed out the bugs. Added the horse armor to a number of horses (guards all drive the same horse for example, so it acts like faction armor), quickly found resources for other armors (daedric, ebony, black hand) and added those as buyable + world too.

So yeah, buying that DLC and treating it as a starting point for my own mod gave me hours of modding fun and made the Oblivion world a lot more fun as I got a real sense of accomplishment going to some far-off town and seeing the local guard with an armored horse or what have you.
Come join us at Vioki's Discord! discord.gg/fhMK5kx
eternal8phoenix

Post by eternal8phoenix »

This is interesting....I think Dinnerbone's been listening...

https://twitter.com/Dinnerbone/status/3 ... 1634695168

https://twitter.com/Dinnerbone/status/3 ... 6118835200

For those who don't want to click links, he's working on a system that increases difficulty the longer you've been in an area. May not be 1.6 but it is interesting. And he also mentioned difficulty change by AI and other such methods rather than buffing health/damage.
jakerman999

Post by jakerman999 »

One of the comments on the tweets eternal8phoenix posted:
@Dinnerbone wrote:@NocturneInBlack Or rewards, depending on your perspective. Again, please don't judge it until you've tried it, there's much more to it.
The exoskeleton is growing!
agentwiggles

Post by agentwiggles »

I like Dinnerbone... I think his heart's in the right place. That said, I'm not too confident that he's thinking these ideas through correctly, especially given this exchange:
@Dinnerbone wrote: I may as well say it: I'm trying to change the idea of mob difficulty. Don't know if it'll be finished for 1.6, but I'm part done already.
@fishycheeze wrote: @Dinnerbone If you're going for a rebalance, I'd prioritize making the early game easier and the late game harder.
@Dinnerbone wrote: @fishycheeze That's exactly what I just said."
Whereas what FC's been doing is making a much needed increase to the difficulty of the early game.

Also, just had to pull a few of these from the other thread where he talks about things getting harder the longer you stay in an area (are they called threads on Twitter? Idk, fuck Twitter, but I digress):
@ScorpionGaming wrote: @Dinnerbone Crucial work! Only, we dont give a shit about balance nor difficulty in this game, luv. Please work on the stuff people want.
@Green_Wolf13 wrote: @Dinnerbone Are you atleast going to add an option to disable this?
Five minutes in the official Minecraft "community" is enough to have anyone banging their head on their keyboard...