[4.899999][Whitelist] BTW Official Co-Op Server

This is the place for SMP server threads, and for general server discussion.
Benanov

Whitelist request

Post by Benanov »

I can't very well keep up with the changes if I don't play the game, now do I?

I'd like to be whitelisted here. IGN Benanov
There's only one V in my name, thanks.

<TaterBoy> I figured out why there's so much lag. We have too much iron.
SterlingRed

Re: [4.64][Fuzzy Bunnies - Whitelist] BTW Official Co-Op Ser

Post by SterlingRed »

DaveYanakov wrote:Did that industrial accident ever get cleaned up or is there still a rogue wither roaming the overworld?
I did a bit of a run by to see how my all grown up pet was doing while I was gathering clay. He's happily murdering squid in the general area I left him in.

I'm currently restocking in order to deal with him.
Six

Re: [4.64][Fuzzy Bunnies - Whitelist] BTW Official Co-Op Ser

Post by Six »

SterlingRed wrote:
DaveYanakov wrote:Did that industrial accident ever get cleaned up or is there still a rogue wither roaming the overworld?
I did a bit of a run by to see how my all grown up pet was doing while I was gathering clay. He's happily murdering squid in the general area I left him in.

I'm currently restocking in order to deal with him.
Now that I've got some blaze rods and can get potions going, I might be able to come help. What is good for Wither fighting, health regen and a hotbar full of milk?
CycloneSP

Re: [4.65][Fuzzy Bunnies - Whitelist] BTW Official Co-Op Ser

Post by CycloneSP »

I hear splash potions of instant healing are effective as well. (from sterlings dying lips might I add) Also, if I'm not mistaken, said potions deal damage to the wither since it is classified as undead.

Also, sterling, on your scouting trip, did you happen to see my stuff? or has it despawned by now?
"So tell me, what's it like living in a constant haze of stupidity?" - Hiei

"Snow is not fire, so it can still rain." -Kaitocain
SterlingRed

Post by SterlingRed »

CycloneSP wrote: Also, sterling, on your scouting trip, did you happen to see my stuff? or has it despawned by now?
I'm sure it's long gone man. After you left I threw myself at it again and my stuff from my first death was gone.
As far as fighting it goes, I wouldn't even bother with milk as you'll pretty much have to drink it constantly.
My strategy is going to be
Health regeneration potions
Instant health splash potions
Strength potions
Any enchants I can get
Iron armor possibly sfs if I get enough materials
Composite bow and broadhead arrows
Baxe.

When I get all this, I will attempt the following,
1. Get near enough and when wither shows on screen drink regeneration pot, strength pot.
2. Take wither to half health with bow while strafing backwards to dodge heads and using instant health pots as needed.
3. Drink strength pot and regeneration again. Heal up.
4. Tank wither with Baxe second half tossing health regeneration pots every 3 or 4 hits.
5.???
6. Beacon.
DaveYanakov

Post by DaveYanakov »

If you can supply the arrows I'd be willing to come provide some fire support.
Might I suggest that the next time wither creation is attempted that it be done on one of the many islands available out in the ocean? That way if the wither wins, the chunks should stay unloaded.
Better is the enemy of Good
SterlingRed

Post by SterlingRed »

Unfortunately I have no extra arrows. Have a little chicken shortage atm.
CycloneSP

Post by CycloneSP »

I have both arrows and feathers in my base, take what you need for the cause. It's the least I can do.
"So tell me, what's it like living in a constant haze of stupidity?" - Hiei

"Snow is not fire, so it can still rain." -Kaitocain
SterlingRed

Post by SterlingRed »

Cyclone I borrowed half a stack of feathers. I'll pay you back when I get my own chicken production up to par.

The attempt to take on the wither again didn't go so hot. I have discovered that spawning ghasts (3) to distract the wither doesn't work as the ghasts instantly target the player first and the wither chews through them in fractions of a second. Also attempting to shoot the thing and heal with health regen potions doesn't work either. By the time you fire a shot, the wither is on top of you (I tested it and the wither can stay right on top of you at full sprint. You can stay ahead of the damage, but just barely. Stopping for a second means taking a hit). So essentially this means you're constantly pounded by damage while trying to range (or melee for that matter) the wither. I found that even with regen pots it wasn't possibly to stay ahead of the damage i was taking in full sfs armour and damage the wither at the same time. I could either stay alive, or fight the boss. I found I could not do both.

At this point I'm now entirely clueless as to how to deal with a wild wither with the recent combination of hardcore health and hardcore movement plus with the minor amount of smp lag.

Has anyone else fought the wither (without stuffing it into a minecart) since the last few btw releases? If so, how?
magikeh

Post by magikeh »

SterlingRed wrote:Has anyone else fought the wither (without stuffing it into a minecart) since the last few btw releases? If so, how?
Stuff that bugger inside a cage made out of SFS blocks, it cannot break through the soul barrier! ^_^/
Magical Shit
Show
Syruse|Work: i like magic shit
MagikEh: ...
MagikEh: >.>
MagikEh: <.<
»» MagikEh walks to the bathroom
Syruse|Work: hahaaaaaaaaa
Syruse|Work: wait
MagikEh: xD
Syruse|Work: fuck
Syruse|Work: NO
Syruse|Work: DONT
wirer

Post by wirer »

do it in the end. i hear the endermen hate him. but a cage is necessary. he can fly above the endermen
SterlingRed

Post by SterlingRed »

Guys, as I said, I'm not so concerned with how to deal with spawning a new wither. I know how to trap one underground. The problem at hand here is one already on the surface in the overworld roaming free.
FlowerChild
Site Admin

Post by FlowerChild »

SterlingRed wrote:Guys, as I said, I'm not so concerned with how to deal with spawning a new wither. I know how to trap one underground. The problem at hand here is one already on the surface in the overworld roaming free.
Gigantic SFS structure to forever imprison it, and to act as a warning to future generations to not repeat the mistakes of the past?
Psion

Post by Psion »

SterlingRed wrote:Guys, as I said, I'm not so concerned with how to deal with spawning a new wither. I know how to trap one underground. The problem at hand here is one already on the surface in the overworld roaming free.
Well, if you're REALLY desperate, you could make up a ton of Splash potions of healing II, and absolutely bombard the wither with it while you're in range. Obviously you'd need regen potions for yourself too (I think splash potion of regen also would poison the wither, but don't quote me on that.) Being undead, he takes damage from healing potions, so with each tier II healing doing 6 hearts (12 health) damage while healing you for the same amount, and him having 150 hearts (300 hp) and recovering 1 health per second, you would need a minimum of ~ 30 splash potions of health II. Probably a lot more to be on the safe side, as supposedly if a skull projectile hits you directly, it absorbs 5 HP from you as well as inflicting wither status.

The nice thing about this method is that not only do you heal yourself each time you throw a potion, but you harm him at the same time, solving your problem of only doing one or the other. ;3 Just gotta try avoid getting hit directly by the skulls while bombarding yourself and the wither with potions.

You could also try making some snow or iron golems to distract the wither while you bum rush him, though you probably would need quite a few minions to keep up with his crazy attacks.
Benanov

Post by Benanov »

Psion wrote:You could also try making some snow or iron golems to distract the wither while you bum rush him, though you probably would need quite a few minions to keep up with his crazy attacks.
If you can corner our 'friend' to where iron golems can reach it, the golems will rip the Wither to shreds. You need at least 2-3. Last fight I was in used 15 and that was overkill - as only 3 were doing any attacking.

We had the iron, though.

Psion

Post by Psion »

Benanov wrote:
Psion wrote:You could also try making some snow or iron golems to distract the wither while you bum rush him, though you probably would need quite a few minions to keep up with his crazy attacks.
If you can corner our 'friend' to where iron golems can reach it, the golems will rip the Wither to shreds. You need at least 2-3. Last fight I was in used 15 and that was overkill - as only 3 were doing any attacking.

We had the iron, though.
Lol, I was more thinking along the lines of them just being decoys, so you could attack the wither with semi-impunity while snow golems toss snowballs at the wither and get it's attention. XD
SterlingRed

Post by SterlingRed »

Right splash potion spam. Hmm, worth a shot. I don't have enough gunpowder looted from dungeons left though. Looks like I'll be headed to the end.
Ethazeriel

Post by Ethazeriel »

I may not have as many posts as some here, but I've been around long enough now that I feel pretty safe asking to be whitelisted here. Up until now I've only played SSP and I'm getting a bit bored of my established base. I'd like to give SMP a try.

IGN: qweasdzxcvd
DaveYanakov

Post by DaveYanakov »

I think I have at least four gunpowder. I'll check and pop it over to your base later today.
tom_savage

Post by tom_savage »

EDIT: I'm special, just saw someone else suggesting the golems thing. Yeah, they'll rip him up. Are you wanting an epic battle, or a beacon? Because golems and suffocation are very simple to pull off.
DaveYanakov

Post by DaveYanakov »

Pretty sure at this point we just want it to stop roaming the landscape to avoid damage to property. Not sure if golems would have the reach unless you could get it into a cave.
FlowerChild
Site Admin

Post by FlowerChild »

Wouldn't training it to the middle of nowhere and then building a wither sanctuary for it be a solution?

I'm all about conservation.
Benanov

Post by Benanov »

DaveYanakov wrote:Pretty sure at this point we just want it to stop roaming the landscape to avoid damage to property. Not sure if golems would have the reach unless you could get it into a cave.
The wither will stop flying at half health. At that point you can send in the golems.

SterlingRed

Post by SterlingRed »

FlowerChild wrote:Wouldn't training it to the middle of nowhere and then building a wither sanctuary for it be a solution?

I'm all about conservation.
You're welcome to it :)
Hey guys, thanks for all the help but it looks like fc's got this ;)
FlowerChild
Site Admin

Post by FlowerChild »

Wait...why is it I just got the impression he's turning my base into a wither sanctuary? :)