Ivalice (Original Server) Better Than Solo [BTW 4.8912]

This is the place for SMP server threads, and for general server discussion.
andreinawolf

Re: Better Than Solo - Friendly - Whitelist Reopened! [BTW 4

Post by andreinawolf »

Just a heads up: Going to be gone through the weekend due to PAX East!
andreinawolf

Post by andreinawolf »

Updated to 4.62 just before I left for PAX :)
Jhary

Post by Jhary »

Hey!

I would really like to get on the whitelist for this server.
I am new to the BTW community and played this mod several times in SSP worlds before.
It would be a great experience to play this mod together with other people.

The reasons why I choose to apply for this particular server are quite simple:

- it is whitelisted (so I hope the thread of griefers is not a big topic)
- it seems to be a well organized server that will persist and not be shut down three weeks after I started playing :D
- I like the changes you made to the server modding wise

Perhaps some facts about me because I am totally new to this forums:

My IGN is "Jhary" and I am a 31 years old guy from germany. I play minecraft since 2 years now and I like to build complex structures and automation systems.
Better Than Wolves caught my interest because of the strong survival aspect and the mechanical energy systems.

Oh and yes, I have read all the rules and I will follow them ;)
andreinawolf

Post by andreinawolf »

Jhary wrote:My IGN is "Jhary" and I am a 31 years old guy from germany.
Whitelisted! See you soon :)
andreinawolf

Post by andreinawolf »

I've updated the server and implemented two changes:

1) Animals that are bred, and the child they produce, are now marked so they do not count toward the spawn cap. Chickens are flagged once they produce an egg, and the babies produced from eggs are also flagged. These changes are to address the problem where no animals can spawn as we are always past the tiny animal cap. Animals created before this change will be flagged to avoid having to kill/breed existing animals in farms.

2) The time animals take to start following you when you holding something you like has been reduced. I also added a bit of randomness so they do not all suddenly start following you. This always annoyed the hell out of me.
danielngtiger

Post by danielngtiger »

Salutations!
IGN: danielngtiger

About Me: I am a fairly long-time player of BTW, for about one year now, and I am, as is fairly typical for this community, interested in pursuing mobtraps and automation. I have primarily played in single-player up until now, dabbling in the Wasteland and a couple other places, but mostly playing alone in the world, and I've decided to see if getting settled down in an active multiplayer server suits me. I would possibly interested in a large community project, I was thinking about a large mobtrap in the end, but I'm not sure on that.

I have read the rules and agree to abide by them.
Light travels faster than sound. That is why some people appear bright before you hear them speak.
andreinawolf

Post by andreinawolf »

danielngtiger wrote:IGN: danielngtiger
Whitelisted! See you soon!
andreinawolf

Post by andreinawolf »

Mikko, can you please tell me what this device under your base is for?

From the server logs I am very very very very (emphasis very) unhappy about how this was used.
andreinawolf

Post by andreinawolf »

Mikko_Blu (and unfortunately y2kvirus too) have been banned for now for egregious duping of golden rails. He's been on the server for a while and has generally been a good player, so I'll review this again in the future.

Just to be clear, exploitation of bugs that involve getting valuable resources for almost no effort are not allowed.
myrkana

Post by myrkana »

figured I'd drop by and say something xD I broke my minecraft and I keep breaking it lol was trying to get the config file to move so I could play a HCB and HCS free lan game with macaber and I broke it haha I'll hopefully pop on sometime today lol
Rawr :D
ehsanmp

Post by ehsanmp »

OMFG holy crap you banned Mikko?!
andreinawolf

Post by andreinawolf »

myrkana wrote:figured I'd drop by and say something xD I broke my minecraft and I keep breaking it lol was trying to get the config file to move so I could play a HCB and HCS free lan game with macaber and I broke it haha I'll hopefully pop on sometime today lol
hehe lan game! how romantic! ;)
myrkana

Post by myrkana »

andreinawolf wrote:
myrkana wrote:figured I'd drop by and say something xD I broke my minecraft and I keep breaking it lol was trying to get the config file to move so I could play a HCB and HCS free lan game with macaber and I broke it haha I'll hopefully pop on sometime today lol
hehe lan game! how romantic! ;)

it's pretty damn cool :p I like playing on the servers because there are people to talk to but most the closish area is explored all ready >..>
andreinawolf

Post by andreinawolf »

omfg something is seriously up with the server... this isn't good!!!!!!!!!!111
andreinawolf

Post by andreinawolf »

Added a list of the last 30 users that logged in to http://betterthansolo.com/stats.html
myrkana

Post by myrkana »

wow that's a lot of people o.O didn't realize that many people were active xD

and was something really up with the server? :-p or was that an april fool's thing xD

ps: I bought dont starve and age of empires 3 therefore my life is gone D:
andreinawolf

Post by andreinawolf »

I've updated the sever to make the following change:

Tamed wolves with white collars (use bone meal) will no longer follow you. This includes the teleport they do when you're beyond a maximum range.

This is for people like me who have always wanted a friendly-looking wolf pen where the wolves can run around.
devak

Post by devak »

andreinawolf wrote:I've updated the sever to make the following change:

Tamed wolves with white collars (use bone meal) will no longer follow you. This includes the teleport they do when you're beyond a maximum range.

This is for people like me who have always wanted a friendly-looking wolf pen where the wolves can run around.
WHAT? NOO. This is blasphemy in the church of Better than Wolves!

:P
rudik_za

Re: Better Than Solo - Friendly - Whitelist [BTW 4.65b]

Post by rudik_za »

Hello,

My IGN is rudik_za and I reside in South Africa and have been doing so for the last 33+ years. I have been playing BTW for a good couple of months solo but recently I've been told that playing with others is better than playing with yourself so I thought I would give it a go.

Cheers
wirer

Post by wirer »

White list request

IGN: Wirerx
About me: played on PK_420's server until it went down due to PK having problems and being pissed off at griefers.
the Wither in the end is a total accident. i swear. minecarting it failed.
Moving on, I typically rush to steel as fast as possible. diamonds are my worst enemy, seeing as getting some is based on my mining luck.
I like your graveyard idea. I collect heads for the day i can build a mausoleum, but that seems unnecessary here.
I like coming up with large builds, but some just don't come together due to distractions and/or material costs. Fairly Redstone Savvy.
Lastly, when i'm active, i log on nearly everyday. Currently binge powerleveling on another game currently, but that is expected to finish within 2 weeks.
No, I don't plan to blow up anything. Powder kegs are a waste of gunpowder IMO. redneck fishing is the future.

Edit: I have read the rules and am not sure what a spoiler should consist of, but should be able to follow all the other rules.

Edit.2: Not sure how often I will be on, seeing as PK's server is back and its my main hive for SMP activities.
Last edited by wirer on Thu Apr 11, 2013 12:49 am, edited 3 times in total.
andreinawolf

Post by andreinawolf »

Just a heads up: I'm working on a project right now that has been tied up. I told Life about it already so I'm sure he's checking in regularly and he'll also alert me if there is a new release at which point I'll update.

Post here if you have any problems or if you need me to look into the logs for anything :)
andreinawolf

Post by andreinawolf »

rudik_za wrote:My IGN is rudik_za and I reside in South Africa and have been doing so for the last 33+ years. I have been playing BTW for a good couple of months solo but recently I've been told that playing with others is better than playing with yourself so I thought I would give it a go.
Hey rudik_za! Glad to hear you want to try out the SMP experience but you forgot something pretty important. Please read the OP (original post) and I'm sure you'll find it.

Since the part you missed is something that can raise flags for me, please write up a bit more about yourself. Something like Jhary's post at viewtopic.php?f=13&t=6122&start=275#p116676 is what I'm looking for :)
andreinawolf

Post by andreinawolf »

wirer wrote:IGN: Wirerx
Hey! Like rudik_za you did forgot something pretty important. Check out the OP and I'm sure you'll find it. Your whitelist request and post history is already good enough though, so I just need that last thing from you :)
rudik_za

Post by rudik_za »

andreinawolf wrote:
rudik_za wrote:My IGN is rudik_za and I reside in South Africa and have been doing so for the last 33+ years. I have been playing BTW for a good couple of months solo but recently I've been told that playing with others is better than playing with yourself so I thought I would give it a go.
Hey rudik_za! Glad to hear you want to try out the SMP experience but you forgot something pretty important. Please read the OP (original post) and I'm sure you'll find it.

Since the part you missed is something that can raise flags for me, please write up a bit more about yourself. Something like Jhary's post at viewtopic.php?f=13&t=6122&start=275#p116676 is what I'm looking for :)
No worries. Where to begin? I started playing minecraft towards the end of 2011. I played vanilla for about a year and then started looking at all the different mods that were around. None of them really appealed to me because they didn't add much to the overall game play and then I found BTW. It completely changed the way I played minecraft and I was pretty hooked. I built some pretty crazy things but eventually lost interest so I stopped playing MC for a while and went back to playing FPS games online.

Then a few weeks ago I started up MC and BTW but I missed the social aspect so I started looking around for some servers to play on. I found a pretty decent anarchy server but I think I would prefer playing on a non-anarchy server for long term projects. Your server seems to be very well organised and it seems like you keep it up to date and spend quite a bit of time and care maintaining it so I decided to apply.

Also, I have a 6 year old daughter and we often play MC together so every now and again you might see me with a rainbow dash skin on and building pink and purple wool structures but I promise I'm not a brony ;-)
wirer

Post by wirer »

edited my original post