Zosit's playthrough

A place to talk to other users about the mod.
Zosit

Zosit's playthrough

Post by Zosit »

Hello, i am making a thread for my world in better than wolves to show other people my thought process as i play through the game and get some recommendations for how to progress as my world develops.

When i first started this world with BTW 4.62 i spent about 3-4 hours of non-stop day and night traveling to find my first village and got lucky with finding all 3 crops in it. I also got lucky and found a desert temple with some redstone, so had an easy trip back to spawn.

when i got back to spawn, i placed a backup farm supply chest and found a nice place to settle down nearby
Spoiler
Show
As you can see, my home is walled off and has every type of farm(the pigs and chickens are in the holes), and that i have a source of power. What isn't shown is the workshop under the windmill with all the tech up to the crucible, and the underground road under me that holds my storage, a small mushroom farm and a massive cave system.

you can see from the side of my home the area i plan to use for all my builds for a long time.
Spoiler
Show
the area will be around 200x200 with a mobtrap placed in the center to maximize efficiency. each corner will be used for a different purpose with the nearest corner being where i will build my machines.

My last creation is this manual mossy cobble farm
Spoiler
Show
I wont improve this too much since it is too far from my home to stay loaded, but it works quickly enough that i have minimal periods of afk'ing to get the mats i need.

The main difficulty's i had while reaching this point were getting enough hemp to build with, and collecting my first blaze rod for hibachis(I died, but easily retrieved my stuff by using a bow and arrow to snipe threats).

I have some ideas as for what to build next, but first im curious about you're opinions (of my world and this thread) and if you have any suggestions as for what i should do next.
HaloGamefreek

Re: Zosit's playthrough

Post by HaloGamefreek »

Yo dude.... your pictures aren't workin. Just sayin....
Bevanz

Post by Bevanz »

HaloGamefreek wrote:Yo dude.... your pictures aren't workin. Just sayin....
They all work for me.

Looks good, Zosit. I'll be interested to see your builds.
He flaps his boney wings at you, but you ask how he can fly with those things and he crashes to the ground.
Zosit

Post by Zosit »

Im not sure what the deal is about you not seeing my pics, but i uploaded them with Photobucket if that helps.

So, since my last post I decided that i wanted to improve my survival chances for the next time i entered the nether fortress, and after a little thought decided i needed health potions to recover more quickly from a wither skeleton attack. Unfortunely, I had to get both nether wart and a blaze rod to craft them, so i took my battleaxe, bow and arrows, and chain mail armor and ran in and died from a wither skeleton before i could even see any nether wart.

I had just updated to 4.65, so got to see the update mostly first hand. I spawned at night and needed to find safety as soon as possible, so I punched a tree and ran, searching for a cave and food. I saw a couple of spoilers first hand as i rushed down into a small ravine and dug a hole in the side for the night. i mined around 30 iron as i waited, and when day struck i climbed out collecting food. as the next night approached, i searched for another cave, and as soon as i found one got killed off by a surprise zombie. And again by a creeper after i returned to my corpse.

By then hardcore spawn had reset so i collected food, mined some coal and dug into the ground heading straight for the redstone layer. Along the way i found a mineshaft, which was fortunate since i had run out wood. So i mined iron, blocking all unlit areas from me, grabbed some redstone and ran.

On the way home with my compass, I placed a ton of pointers, showing the path back to my base, and as soon as I got back i geared up with chainmail and an iron sword, ran into the nether to regain my stuff, and died from another wither skeleton.

luckily i found one of my pointers and quickly returned home, this time grabbing only leather armor and an iron sword since i knew i would respawn nearby. I ran in, got lost, found netherwart, and just as i found the path back, got killed yet again by a wither skeleton.

I then came back one last time, using my last iron on full iron armor, 3 milk buckets, and an iron blade, ran in, grabbed my previous corpse, and ran out.

After all that death for 1 item, i decided i would not return to that fortress without full soul-forged steel armor and my newly created health potions, so i built my first automated machine.
Spoiler
Show
This is a slightly modified version of siege wizards Chicken breeding facility.viewtopic.php?f=3&t=6595

I also plan on making a wolf poo machine, but don't know how close i can place two wolves together and have them still produce.
HaloGamefreek

Post by HaloGamefreek »

Sorry then I've been using my phone and I haven't had a problem with pictures here yet. My bad.