too fucking hard and i hate to whine

A place to talk to other users about the mod.
CueballSWR

too fucking hard and i hate to whine

Post by CueballSWR »

i stopped playing for a bit to play some EVE again but before i left the screw pump and hcb was annoying for a builder, can get over that though, i was in the middle of building some decent shit with a new water pump tower. but this hch and hc spawn shit is just annoying as fuck. took off the temporary sfs armor so i could sprint across my base without losing too much energy and a rogue daylight creeper got my ass. spent the last few hours trying to figure out how to survive only to just get started several times and losing to the night again and having to restart again and again in different places. i dont have the time to keep starting over and over but i love the building aspects of the mod. if theres no way to disable any of this bs then i guess this non-follower that has been following has to drop out. was fun but for the casual players i have to say the difficulty is just being set way too high, its restricting the gameplay to a point that i feel like im being corralled into playing a certain way. im sure theres some that like that, either that or their lips are chapped, but theres parts of this mod that are being punished for some sort of sadistic giggle. i know you will do what you will, fuck popularity imo also, just hate to quit playing this game over the same mod that kept me playing as long as i did. vanilla sucks and most mods are just bits and pieces.
kingcharlesiii

Re: too fucking hard and i hate to whine

Post by kingcharlesiii »

BlackCat

Post by BlackCat »

Did you realize you were playing the game wrong?

Also did you realize you're not entitled to jackshit, you didn't have to pay anything for BTW and you act like a wronged customer.

Okay so first of all btw is not casual, second of all you don't understand how >surviving< works.

-snip to not be so aggressive-

At least give it a chance before you decide the features are poorly made and unfriendly.
Last edited by BlackCat on Fri Mar 22, 2013 12:28 am, edited 2 times in total.
Ribky: eh, maybe kinda iffy at first, but you grew on me like a glorious tumor of innovation
Detritus: A whole lot of walls decided they wanted to give you a hug, but you're allergic to walls

My Youtube Channel: http://www.youtube.com/illogicallycompact
Sarudak
Site Admin

Post by Sarudak »

If you love to build perhaps you will now be motivated to build more protected walkways so you don't die to creepers. Or perhaps you might want to build towers around spawn to act as guide posts to take you back home. All of the changes were made to encourage building. You should be happy...
CueballSWR

Post by CueballSWR »

ah, the minions attack. saru was atleast trying to be helpful. someone else was kinda funny with the cheese. but BC you can have the iilii, i dont even know who tf you are. yes saru, i like building, have a decent project going but now i cant even find spawn for all the starting over, by the time i get some food to go hunting for redstone i get ambushed because i cant even get healed before the next mobs finish me off. im guessing balancing isnt done yet, but it seems so far off it will always be nearly impossible to get back in a decent amount of time.
BlackCat

Post by BlackCat »

My suggest: read the config file and stop bitching.

Or maybe, you know, read the MCF post?
Ribky: eh, maybe kinda iffy at first, but you grew on me like a glorious tumor of innovation
Detritus: A whole lot of walls decided they wanted to give you a hug, but you're allergic to walls

My Youtube Channel: http://www.youtube.com/illogicallycompact
FlowerChild
Site Admin

Post by FlowerChild »

CueballSWR wrote:but this hch and hc spawn shit is just annoying as fuck.
if theres no way to disable any of this bs then i guess this non-follower that has been following has to drop out
im sure theres some that like that, either that or their lips are chapped, but theres parts of this mod that are being punished for some sort of sadistic giggle
You know, it's pretty rare that I feel entirely comfortable being *quite* so direct, but given the above:

Edit: *censored stream of toe curling profanity*

<fingers on both hands extended in parting salute while doing a little foofey dance>
FlowerChild
Site Admin

Post by FlowerChild »

Ah, ok, that felt good. It's seldom that I cut *completely* footloose :)

Now, let me take this opportunity to clear a few things up. I don't particularly mind people objecting to the level of difficulty, but I do expect a certain modicum of respect to be extended to both the amount of work I put into these things, and the community as a whole.

Obviously, the OP showed absolutely neither here, and instead decided to throw a nice little massively derogatory hissy fit as exemplified by the various quotes I made above.

One thing to keep in mind right now: I poured an absolute *ton* of work into HC Hunger (I'd say easily at least 80 hours, not counting all the thought I've put into these aspects of the game over the past couple of years) in the form that you guys already have it, and I've been working pretty much non-stop on additional related content and refinements for the past week since its release. Frankly, I'm on a massive roll right now where I find myself wanting to go to bed early when I find I'm too tired to work just so I can get started again on it as quickly as possible the next day.

Hence why I am so short when it comes to the massive number of suggestions and such that have been coming in, or why something like this strikes me as a particularly foul reaction to my efforts.

That aside though, I must admit that I was a bit blown away by the level of positive reaction to these changes. I knew what I was doing was good for the game, but I really wasn't expecting it to be quite so strong, and I honestly can't remember the last time a release had so much praise heaped on it.

If anything, that reaction has pushed me to go further and to work even harder on this to get it just right. Thus, something like this stands in even sharper contrast to all that.

Anyways: long and the short of it is that he won't be missed ;)