Problems rolling back to 1.4.7

If you're having problems with your installation of Better Than Wolves, or if you've woken up in the future and are beginning to doubt the nature of reality, here's the place to post about it.
Nelgoth

Problems rolling back to 1.4.7

Post by Nelgoth »

While I was at work a few days ago, my kid updated MC to 1.5, :(. I really want to play the update so I have been trying to get everything rolled back. I think I have successfully rolled back MC to 1.4.7 using the old JAR in my .minecraft bin folder and I can connect to single player with the updated version of BTW. I also think I have the server updated properly. However, I cannot connect to my server, even though they both say they are running 1.4.7 and are updated to the same BTW version (Below is a C+P of my server output). Sever message just says "Can't reach server". I also just confirmed that my friend (who never updated through patcher) can not connect to the server. In my shuffle of JAR files is possible that I put the wrong server jar version in my server folder? Has anyone ever had this issues? Thank you in advance to anyone that can help me out.

[INFO] Starting minecraft server version 1.4.7
[INFO] Loading properties
[INFO] Default game type: SURVIVAL
[INFO] Generating keypair
[INFO] Starting Minecraft server on *:25565
[INFO] Preparing level "PTPS World"
[INFO] Better Than Wolves Version 4.60 Initializing...
[INFO] BTW reading custom config file...
[INFO] Better Than Wolves Initialization Complete.
[INFO] Preparing start region for level 0
[INFO] Done (1.154s)! For help, type "help" or "?"
Nelgoth

Re: Problems rolling back to 1.4.7

Post by Nelgoth »

I resolved the issue. I am not sure if it was just coincidence, but my network IP changed and ports were not being forwarded. This ended up being the problem. Thanks for anyone that attempted to solve the issue and sorry for the inconvenience.