Graphical glitches in various bits of BTW

Post any bugs that you find *in the mod* here. This place is NOT for posting installation errors or bugs with vanilla Minecraft, or add-on mods.
STrRedWolf

Graphical glitches in various bits of BTW

Post by STrRedWolf »

Okay, I have to push these up to a bug report. Something happened that makes rendering glitch out. I am combining them as they seem to be related to rendering.

First, particles from block breaking are not disappearing. Described here: viewtopic.php?f=9&t=6902

Second, the whole MC window glitches for a few frames if running with the Steam Linux beta. Described here: viewtopic.php?f=9&t=6542

This is after clean, manual installs (no MCPatcher) on a Linux running laptop (Gentoo updated March 9th, 2013) with Nvidia Geforce 210M graphics (driver 313.26, kernel 3.7.8 vanilla). Running the latest Java 6 on there.

Pure vanilla MC does NOT have these problems, both with and without the Steam Linux beta running.

I was able to reproduce these problems on a Linux running Ubuntu 12.04 in both the Intel GPU and Nvidia Optimus GPU activated, and I think that was Java 7 on there (I fried that laptop on an unrelated effort). No amount of graphic setting changes will work around it.

I have not checked on AMD GPUs, nor on any other operating systems. As much as I can do, though, points to something in BTW.
FlowerChild
Site Admin

Re: Graphical glitches in various bits of BTW

Post by FlowerChild »

Sorry man, but as a non-commercial developer of a mod, I can not reasonably handle OS or system specific issues like this.

If you, or others with similar system setups figure out what precisely is happening, I'd be happy to make any necessary changes to help you resolve it, but barring that, this is outside the scope of what I can handle.