The Silence is Deafening

A place to talk to other users about the mod.
Chomamonka

The Silence is Deafening

Post by Chomamonka »

Normally I wouldn't prod but it as been very quiet the last week and a half. I don't expect a lot (or really any) of important news to be given about BTW and RTH but I haven't heard a peep from FC this week. It's kind of exciting. What's going on beind that iron curtain? Is this just me or have the forums been dead silent the last little while?
Sarudak
Site Admin

Re: The Silence is Deafening

Post by Sarudak »

I think he's just finishing things up and tying up loose ends. Although I'm expecting he'll throw in a few fun surprises too.
maxsi

Post by maxsi »

is not just you, for some reason the forums are rely dead silent lately
Blazara wrote:Better Than Wolves: So seamless, you don't know what you've got into... ;)
FlowerChild
Site Admin

Post by FlowerChild »

It has been quiet hasn't it?

I've just been plugging away on tying up loose ends here and there, so nothing super exciting yet where I've felt my usual "Man...I have to get this out to people right away" :)

I've also been devoting a fair amount of time to the official server, building a huge road, and taking note of little things to tweak here and there.

So yeah, nothing in particular on my end, it's just been a quiet week for me.
Mason11987

Post by Mason11987 »

FlowerChild wrote:It has been quiet hasn't it?

I've just been plugging away on tying up loose ends here and there, so nothing super exciting yet where I've felt my usual "Man...I have to get this out to people right away" :)

I've also been devoting a fair amount of time to the official server, building a huge road, and taking note of little things to tweak here and there.

So yeah, nothing in particular on my end, it's just been a quiet week for me.
I found that road while heading back to spawn and it was the first time I really experienced hardcore movement, I didn't realize I was moving slowly because I had ran like 2k blocks back to spawn, but when I crossed from the sand in that village to the road it was amazing, I just ran back and forth along the road for a while. Sweet looking bridges by the way.
Ulfengaard

Post by Ulfengaard »

It has been quiet. I think it's a transition period. The dust has somewhat settled from that ugly affair a little while ago, and FC's working on tweaks here and there. I think it's just the natural rhythm. It'll pick up again after a while.

Thanks for your continued work, FC. Nice to hear you're getting a little play time in.
Awfulcopter wrote:...nothing says harmony with nature better than leaves that bleed. AMIRITE?
dawnraider wrote:I think we need to stop asking how stupid people can be. I think they're starting to take it as a challenge :)
Gilberreke

Post by Gilberreke »

Can someone post some screenshots of the road and bridges? I always love to see FC builds :)
Come join us at Vioki's Discord! discord.gg/fhMK5kx
SterlingRed

Post by SterlingRed »

Gilberreke wrote:Can someone post some screenshots of the road and bridges? I always love to see FC builds :)
I'll throw up a few on the official smp server thread if I come across it again. (I'm a fair bit away from his road).

FC has also spent a good amount of time laughing at how frequently I seem to bite the dust on the server as well. :)
FlowerChild
Site Admin

Post by FlowerChild »

Gilberreke wrote:Can someone post some screenshots of the road and bridges? I always love to see FC builds :)
I was planning on putting up a series of screens once I finished the road. I'm about 3/4 finished now I'd say :)
FlowerChild
Site Admin

Post by FlowerChild »

SterlingRed wrote:FC has also spent a good amount of time laughing at how frequently I seem to bite the dust on the server as well. :)
It's not just you man. I'm really surprised by how often people die on the server. When I died last night, it was maybe the first time in my last twenty hours of play, and much of that has been spent working on my road out in the open. Also, my connection to the server is usually laggy as fuck.

The number of player deaths I've been witnessing actually made me feel a little guilty for HC Spawn. But of course, that quickly passed and I commenced to laugh at all you newbs once again :)

I'm really not sure why people are dying so much. Of course, I just witnessed Splee run out into the open in the middle of the night and commence to chat while a creeper walked up on him, so I'm not sure if people have just learned to treat death super casual through vanilla spawn rules or what.
SterlingRed

Post by SterlingRed »

FlowerChild wrote: I'm really not sure why people are dying so much. Of course, I just witnessed Splee run out into the open in the middle of the night and commence to chat while a creeper walked up on him, so I'm not sure if people have just learned to treat death super casual through vanilla spawn rules or what.
For me its a combination of a few things.
1. Like you said, casual vanilla spawn rules.
2. I'm coming from ssp, not used to the lag even if its a fraction of a second. This has resulted in at least two of my deaths.
3. I'm coming from well developed ssp worlds. Enchanted armors, battleaxes, etc. Walking into a gaggle of mobs and tanking away is no problem, as I can kill each mob quickly and dispense with the group before I succomb to damage. I occasionally forget that with my iron/stone swords it takes a few more extra hits each mob, and I can't get rid of them fast enough and take too much damage.
4. Rushing. Over half my deaths (9 total on the server) are from dying right after re-spawning due to not taking the time to establish myself with food/protection prior to taking off to find my way back. Again like I said, I'm coming from ssp where an animal to murder is never far off for food when I respawn. This being an old anarchy server and smp, tasty critters nearby are a rarity.

Don't take this is a complaint about the server or hc spawn. I seriously love both! I'm learning to take this more cautiously than I do in SSP and that's helping. :)
Splee999

Post by Splee999 »

FlowerChild wrote:Of course, I just witnessed Splee run out into the open in the middle of the night and commence to chat while a creeper walked up on him, so I'm not sure if people have just learned to treat death super casual through vanilla spawn rules or what.
Well, to be fair I did barely survive...

You're right though, I've actually been playing around with a few Forge mods. They really don't keep you on your toes the same way BTW does, since at the worst you just get sent back to your bed when you die. BTW really has a natural feeling way to make death something you should actually fear.
Chomamonka

Post by Chomamonka »

The BTW anarchy server is for very active/longtime members of the community, yes? Hm, I'll have to start posting more haha. For the time being anyone have any good anarchy servers I should join? I have been wanting to try anarchy play out.