[4.899999][Whitelist] BTW Official Co-Op Server

This is the place for SMP server threads, and for general server discussion.
MoRmEnGiL

Re: [4.56] BTW Official Co-Op Server [Fuzzy Bunnies - Whitel

Post by MoRmEnGiL »

Hmm, I've been interested in looking for a coop server for a while, but I do not know if I have the time to also play smp on top of anything else.

I'm generally a friendly guy and anarchy could be fun if done in my usual ocd way, but that would pretty much require me to be on 8-9 hours per day :P

On the other hand co-op is much more relaxed and in line with my natural inclinations.

I still am an anti-social agoraphobic though, even when it comes to online interactions :P

TL;DR I wanna join you guys but my mind is still not made up ;p
War..
War never changes.

Remember what the dormouse said
Gdnite

Post by Gdnite »

I think that's my portal that you speak of, is it in a ravine?
Splee999

Post by Splee999 »

Gdnite wrote:I think that's my portal that you speak of, is it in a ravine?
Not that I can tell. I've actually been to this portal before, now that I think of it. In the overworld, the portal is in a cave system that appears to be under an ocean or a large lake, and in the nether, though I haven't excavated enough to confirm this, should connect to a small shelf over a vast field of groth. However, if this is the portal that I'm thinking of, someone filled in the tunnel that leads from the netherack box to the shelf.
Foxy Boxes

Post by Foxy Boxes »

I'm going to risk my neck on a limb (preferably a non-vital one) and hope I've been around/active long enough. Asides from forum posts I was/am also active Life/Wolf's friendly server and on Jade's.
IGN is _Mr__Black_ (two "_" in the middle).
On the internet you can be whatever you want. It's surprising so many people choose to be stupid.
SterlingRed

Post by SterlingRed »

I'll be traveling for the weekend and won't be back on the server until Monday. So here's the week's summary screenshot! Road is in progress, currently is 240 blocks long, runs North/South. This is south of FC's base, (not sure by how much) and East by 300-500 blocks. Feel free to use the millstone if you happen by and leave me a sign!
Spoiler
Show
Battosay

Post by Battosay »

Awesome !
I'll finally have some time to play tonight and tomorrow, so I hope I'll see you there :)
FlowerChild
Site Admin

Post by FlowerChild »

Battosay wrote:Awesome !
I'll finally have some time to play tonight and tomorrow, so I hope I'll see you there :)
Woot! I'll try to be there as well then :)
Marasambala

Post by Marasambala »

MoRmEnGiL wrote: I still am an anti-social agoraphobic though, even when it comes to online interactions :P
I'd like to give SMP a go, again. Maybe MoRm and I can avoid each other.
Sometimes I think everyone else is smarter than me, then I realize everyone else is smarter then me.
FlowerChild
Site Admin

Post by FlowerChild »

Yeah, I'm also very much a loner even in online play. I tend to keep to myself, build bases far from everyone else, and just work on my own projects.

I think the only real difference for me from playing single player (at least in non anarchy) is that it provides me with a bit of additional motivation to make stuff look nice as I know other people will likely experience it as well.

It's worth mentioning though that I still have no idea if Morm was asking to be whitelisted or not :)
Sarudak
Site Admin

Post by Sarudak »

I don't think he was. I think he was informing us about how he was thinking of asking to be whitelisted. :)
FlowerChild
Site Admin

Post by FlowerChild »

Sarudak wrote:I don't think he was. I think he was informing us about how he was thinking of asking to be whitelisted. :)
That was my impression as well, but of course that begs the question "why?" :)
DaveYanakov

Post by DaveYanakov »

Quick question, has anyone gotten a drop from a skeleton carrying an enchanted bow? I've taken out six so far since I started playing seriously again with 4.55 and none of them have dropped anything. I don't want to post a bug if it's just bad luck on my part.
Better is the enemy of Good
FlowerChild
Site Admin

Post by FlowerChild »

DaveYanakov wrote:Quick question, has anyone gotten a drop from a skeleton carrying an enchanted bow? I've taken out six so far since I started playing seriously again with 4.55 and none of them have dropped anything. I don't want to post a bug if it's just bad luck on my part.
That's not a bug man, as I never touched their drop rate and it remains as it is in vanilla. In an amazing coincidence I actually already upped the drop rate on enchanted bows for the next release :)

I didn't want to up the bow drop rate to match other mob carried items previously, because it would have resulted in an utterly insane number of bows coming out of mob traps since every single skeleton carries one. I made a specific exception case for enchanted bows though with the aforementioned code.
Gears

Re: [4.57] BTW Official Co-Op Server [Fuzzy Bunnies - Whitel

Post by Gears »

It's been a while since I've played on an anarchy server. However with BTW this should be very interesting to say the least, mind if I partake?

IGN: ivyn
FlowerChild wrote:For example, I'm feeling such a whim right now, and look forward with anticipation to the feeling of satisfaction that shall come from acting upon it.
Former Drill Sergeant and cranky gamer
FlowerChild
Site Admin

Post by FlowerChild »

Gears wrote:It's been a while since I've played on an anarchy server. However with BTW this should be very interesting to say the least, mind if I partake?
...it's not an anarchy server.
Gears

Post by Gears »

Oh, my bad :/
FlowerChild wrote:For example, I'm feeling such a whim right now, and look forward with anticipation to the feeling of satisfaction that shall come from acting upon it.
Former Drill Sergeant and cranky gamer
Phaizer

Post by Phaizer »

Hi I'm new to the forum, though I have played the btw mod some time, and would love to be a part of this server, although I know that the fact that few know me here hinder my entry in the whitelist, would love to have a chance to join the server, I am a fan of minecraft.

I'm not American, I am Brazilian, I am studying in ohio and am also a missionary, I think that's good, anyway, nice to meet you ^ ^
FlowerChild
Site Admin

Post by FlowerChild »

Going to put in some time on the server today starting in a few minutes, so feel free to come by and hang :)
Phaizer

Post by Phaizer »

Well i forgot to say my ign: Phaize

=D
FlowerChild
Site Admin

Post by FlowerChild »

Phaizer wrote:Well i forgot to say my ign: Phaize

=D
Dude...read the OP. You're not getting whitelisted, and pestering for it is only making me lean towards a ban.
MoRmEnGiL

Post by MoRmEnGiL »

I think he took your post as a reply to him, thus realizing he never posted his ign, but I might be wrong.

As for me, I'm not asking yet to be whitelisted, need to think it through, I was just saying I'm envious of you guys that can just hop in and play without going through my entire decision making odyssey :P

That and trying to see if I would be welcome had I decided definitely that I want in, because rejection after a long hard thought process can be hard to take :P
War..
War never changes.

Remember what the dormouse said
FlowerChild
Site Admin

Post by FlowerChild »

MoRmEnGiL wrote: That and trying to see if I would be welcome had I decided definitely that I want in, because rejection after a long hard thought process can be hard to take :P
Hehe...yeah man, I think it's safe to say that your acceptance would be automatic :)
taiketsue

Post by taiketsue »

I'de like to be added the the whitelist.
FlowerChild
Site Admin

Post by FlowerChild »

taiketsue wrote:I'de like to be added the the whitelist.
Dude...read the OP. You have six posts to these forums. Do you think there's any possibility then that Battosay and I know and trust you? Without that, wouldn't adding you totally invalidate the point of having a white list in the first place?
taiketsue

Post by taiketsue »

So posting more, saying a random thing on the forum means you're gonna somehow come to trust me? I'm not gonna sit down and have a life convorsation with you to play a server..