Cook (non-mushroom) Stew in the Stewing Pot

If you want to get banned, this is the place to post.
emptychild

Cook (non-mushroom) Stew in the Stewing Pot

Post by emptychild »

The idea in its simplest would be to add a food item (presumably a stew) that could only be cooked in the Cauldron which would require the combining of different ingredients. There are a couple of reasons for this:

Diversity of food - I've found that in my games all I eat generally are potatoes because they are so easy to grow and cook. All the meat I get I save for my wolves to feed them for dung. There's no reason to grow any other crops for food because potatoes are the easiest food (minimal effort for return) once you have them and a cauldron. Adding a higher tier food that provided a slight benefit would encourage more diversity in crops.

Continuity - Steve can build windmills, water-wheels, fancy wiring, and store souls in bottles but he can't figure out how to make a non-mushroom stew? I mean seriously there are carrots, potatoes, eggs, chicken, beef, mutton, flour, apples, milk and more. Now I understand why in vMC he can't make anything more complex because he's cooking his food in a furnace. But with the technological innovation of the cauldron you'd think Steve would be able to figure out some other recipes.

Reward for the Cauldron - It would be a food product that actually required the cauldron to make. I know that boiled potatoes and poached eggs can only be make in a cauldron but they have furnace equivalents. This would be a food item completely unique to the cauldron and as such would offer a unique food reward after reaching that step in the technology tree and reiterate the lunacy of vMC in trying to cook all your food in a furnace.

So in short it would promote players developing more than just one food crop for themselves, it makes sense, and it would add a food item unique to the cauldron.
https://twitter.com/FlowerChildXL/statu ... 5676872704

This just in! RTH to contain a TARDIS!
Spoiler
Show
FlowerChild wrote:But, before someone asks: the box will be blue. I like blue. It's a nice soothing color.
FlowerChild
Site Admin

Re: Cook (non-mushroom) Stew in the Stewing Pot

Post by FlowerChild »

Something similar was already discussed in the MCF thread the other day.