Notch is back at It again Better than food eating animation

A place to talk to other users about the mod.
Tekei

Re: Notch is back at It again Better than food eating animat

Post by Tekei »

walker_boh_65 wrote:oh god, im not even sure if you need common sense to see this is a bad idea, just look at half the tutorials on youtube
That's the worst possible idea I have ever heard... Mojang seems hellbent on removing the building aspect of MC and focus entirely on exploration...
emmasteadman

Post by emmasteadman »

Jens' twitter wrote: Jens Bergensten
@tinfoilchef ... although we may make grinders obsolete in the future. For instance, exp orbs are only dropped if a player did the killing
6 hours ago

Tinfoil Chef
@jeb_ That's ok, if I'm using a mob grinder I want the drops more than the exp orbs
6 hours ago

Jens Bergensten
@tinfoilchef Yeah but that was what I was hinting at... We haven't changed it yet, but we may make drops work the same way as orbs
Well lets hope if that aspect does go live, that FC or some other respectable modder changes it back. I don't mind the orbs aspect, but I would still expect the drops from my hard work put into a mob trap.

Perhaps that whenever MC does go final...that a total conversion type mod would be in order, unrecognizable from the Notch's ill-conceived vision of it. After all, Notch is just some indie bad coder who got lucky with an initially great idea.
Stormweaver

Post by Stormweaver »

I'm still worried that the exp orbs are going to land us with a runescape style "You must be level 5 to use iron equipment" bullshit.
PatriotBob wrote:Damn it, I'm going to go eat pumpkin pie while I still think that it tastes good.
Triskelli

Post by Triskelli »

emmasteadman wrote:After all, Notch is just some indie bad coder who got lucky with an initially great idea.
Ladies and gentlemen, like the movie Social Network that preceded it, the upcoming film Notched will tell the tale of Markus Persson's meteoric rise to fame, and his subsequent plummet from fame. Filled with drama and treachery, it'll be the next summer blockbuster. Coming in July, 2012.
Battosay

Post by Battosay »

Since we're back into some useless Notch bashing comments, I'll close that thread. Please someone make a new one to talk about the mobtraps and how 1.8 might destroy them, as it is a really interesting topic.