I need some motivation (Tree farm)

A place to talk to other users about the mod.
embirrim

I need some motivation (Tree farm)

Post by embirrim »

So, I am building a tree farm in my main world, it is a continuation of Rianaru's when the map was on my server. I am running out of motivation to build it, so I'm turning to you guys so you can give me some ideas, or even better show me your own designs in your worlds so I can steal a few for myself. I'm also hoping that writing this thread will provide some self-incentive.

It is a modular tree farm, with saws, the sawdust/logs etc go down and are collected by minecarts (yes, it was quite difficult to iron that out well), and are brought back up again to be processed. Wood goes into another building, sawdust goes for potash, apples go bye bye, saplings are re-routed back into the system.

What I'm having more difficulty is in building this thing from the bottom up. The tree farm is made, the cart collection is also made, but I'm sort of stuck now on the unloading / sorting part, as building the "wrong way round", i.e. starting from the last step, is confusing in terms of spacing.

Here are a couple pics, the first is the tree part, and the second is the are above where I'm supposed to be building the storage area, etc.
Spoiler
Show

As I've said, I'm having trouble eyeballing how much space I need for the storage part/cart unloading. Cart unloading is a bitch to build, my prototypes aren't turning out very good.
So, just post some advice and pictures from your own constructions. Share and enjoy. And free candy for the ones who get the reference.
BlackCat

Re: I need some motivation (Tree farm)

Post by BlackCat »

I actually made a let's build of one if you would like to see it.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PcGFzfo0nT4
Ribky: eh, maybe kinda iffy at first, but you grew on me like a glorious tumor of innovation
Detritus: A whole lot of walls decided they wanted to give you a hug, but you're allergic to walls

My Youtube Channel: http://www.youtube.com/illogicallycompact