Annoyance since Pretty Scary Update

If you're having problems with your installation of Better Than Wolves, or if you've woken up in the future and are beginning to doubt the nature of reality, here's the place to post about it.
Donzaffi

Annoyance since Pretty Scary Update

Post by Donzaffi »

Since I updatet Minecraft to newest version I have some little Annoyances ocurring.
What I noticed
- Disappearing or stoping pistons
- Block Detector disappering or not working probably
-Armor don't getting damaged and not protecting probably
-Sounds not working after first update

To the Sounds thing, they work but if I install BTW they don't work anylonger but if I make a copy of minecraft.jar and updating again, and then changing the minecraft .jar with the previous copy they work again but the other things not probably.
I tried new install but same again.

Before I updateted Minecraft I installed new Java Version because the old one have caused me trouble.

Sorry for my english, I hope it is understandebale (if not please ask, and I try explaining)
Last edited by Donzaffi on Tue Feb 05, 2013 7:32 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Consistency is the last refuge of the unimaginative

HIgh Res Texturepack ............43% done
Padfoote

Re: Annoyance since Pretty Scary Update

Post by Padfoote »

I honestly am not sure what to say to help with all the points except for sound (Sorry about that I've just never been good at figuring that out).

With your sound issue, try hitting "S" and "F3", it'll reset the sound. In order to tell if it worked, when you hit the two keys together, the game *should* seem like it froze for a second or two.

I'm sorry I couldn't be more help, I'll try to figure out what could be happening and I'll let you know if I think of anything.
Donzaffi

Post by Donzaffi »

I rebuild all pistonclocks again and after I leave the chunk or going to the nether the same problem happen again, if this helps to localize the problem ?
Can it be somehting with Java ?

Padfoote

Post by Padfoote »

Ah yeah that does help a lot. There's something funky about redstone and pistons. They have a habit of messing up when the chunk gets unloaded, such as when you go to the Nether. So in that case it's a normal thing.
Donzaffi

Post by Donzaffi »

Padfoote wrote:Ah yeah that does help a lot. There's something funky about redstone and pistons. They have a habit of messing up when the chunk gets unloaded, such as when you go to the Nether. So in that case it's a normal thing.
I don't remind that this ever happened before, but okay, so the thing with the detector block is also normal (it was switched on all the time without rain or something above it, at another time it was off during the rain and I noticed it on the broken gearbox)

Padfoote

Post by Padfoote »

That sounds like a chunk loading issue with the redstone again. I'm guessing at the real cause by saying that, but it is known. I wouldn't worry about it. Yes it sucks, but it might be best to have a kill switch as a backup.
Donzaffi

Post by Donzaffi »

Padfoote wrote:That sounds like a chunk loading issue with the redstone again. I'm guessing at the real cause by saying that, but it is known. I wouldn't worry about it. Yes it sucks, but it might be best to have a kill switch as a backup.

Thx man, the thing with the armor its fixed too after I resmelled it, it seems that there have a negative meta tag number after the id.
I don't think that this happend again

Padfoote

Post by Padfoote »

Donzaffi wrote: Thx man, the thing with the armor its fixed too after I resmelled it, it seems that there have a negative meta tag number after the id.
I don't think that this happend again
Glad to hear I helped! If something else should come up I'll try to see if I can help again as soon as possible.