Dota 2 keys

This forum is for anything that doesn't specifically have to do with Better Than Wolves
tom_savage

Re: Dota 2 keys

Post by tom_savage »

Strange. I hope mine aren't. I checked them and they look to be regular DoTA 2 keys. If they turn out to be spectator clients I'm gonna feel bad to whoever I give them to. =(
Ulfengaard

Post by Ulfengaard »

Resurrecting this topic to say that I have three keys to give away. Reply to this post with your Steam username, and be sure to friend me on there: Ulfengaard.
Awfulcopter wrote:...nothing says harmony with nature better than leaves that bleed. AMIRITE?
dawnraider wrote:I think we need to stop asking how stupid people can be. I think they're starting to take it as a challenge :)
DaveYanakov

Post by DaveYanakov »

I think at this point most people could paper their kitchen walls with free gift keys. I have five after receiving one from a crazed scotsman.
Better is the enemy of Good
Ulfengaard

Post by Ulfengaard »

Yup. I can't even give these things away. :D
Awfulcopter wrote:...nothing says harmony with nature better than leaves that bleed. AMIRITE?
dawnraider wrote:I think we need to stop asking how stupid people can be. I think they're starting to take it as a challenge :)
Pentagram

Post by Pentagram »

Ulfengaard wrote:Yup. I can't even give these things away. :D
I'll take one! :P I'll friend you when I get home. Sat in a college lesson at the moment... Steam: GayPete

Thanks Ulfengaard (: Just got it!
walker_boh_65 wrote:And, update 4-20? So that means hemp is now smokable, right? :P
Marasambala

Post by Marasambala »

I'd like one, too.
Same user name.

As above, I'll friend you when I get home :)
Sometimes I think everyone else is smarter than me, then I realize everyone else is smarter then me.
Ulfengaard

Post by Ulfengaard »

Pentagram wrote:Thanks Ulfengaard (: Just got it!
You're welcome! Thanks for taking it off my hands.
Marasambala wrote:As above, I'll friend you when I get home :)
See you then.
tom_savage

Post by tom_savage »

I've heard people trade these keys for low-priced indie games. I haven't ever done anything of the nature on steam, but I'd be interested to see if someone could get stuff for their keys...cause I still have 3.
Marasambala

Post by Marasambala »

Ulfengaard wrote:
See you then.
Thanks, man!
Sometimes I think everyone else is smarter than me, then I realize everyone else is smarter then me.
Sarelth

Post by Sarelth »

I'll be a bit of a Necro here and ask if anyone has a key left.
I wouldn't mind giving DoTa 2 a try. Played DoTa and LoL so far.

Steam named is Sarelth.
CycloneSP wrote:The sun! it burns!!! Oh wait, that is just the aura of awesomeness coming off of FC. <puts on shades> Ah, much better.
Ferrus.Manus

Post by Ferrus.Manus »

Sarelth wrote:I'll be a bit of a Necro here and ask if anyone has a key left.
I wouldn't mind giving DoTa 2 a try. Played DoTa and LoL so far.

Steam named is Sarelth.
I sent you a friend invitation, you need to accept it for me to be able to gift you the key.
embirrim

Post by embirrim »

Ferrus.Manus wrote: I sent you a friend invitation, you need to accept it for me to be able to gift you the key.
Same here, I also sent one.
Sarelth

Post by Sarelth »

Thanks Guys. Added you both, just because.
Will do the same with any keys I get.
CycloneSP wrote:The sun! it burns!!! Oh wait, that is just the aura of awesomeness coming off of FC. <puts on shades> Ah, much better.
Gdnite

Post by Gdnite »

I was wondering if anyone else had anymore keys, I'm finally budging and want to try dota2.
Ulfengaard

Post by Ulfengaard »

Sure. Send me a friend on Steam.
Gdnite

Post by Gdnite »

Hey thanks man, I have a few friends that want keys as well if you have a ton of them left. And I sent you a request.
icynewyear

Post by icynewyear »

I have a few to give away. Feel free to add me. Same name.
jorgebonafe

Post by jorgebonafe »

I don't get it, I thought this game was supposed to be free? What are the keys for?
Better Than Wolves was borne of anal sex. True Story.
Ulfengaard

Post by Ulfengaard »

Free? I think it's something like $30. Actually, is it even released yet?
Ferrus.Manus

Post by Ferrus.Manus »

It will be free when officially released, but now you need an invitation (which currently are extremely plentiful).
jorgebonafe

Post by jorgebonafe »

Ah, I see... Wow, paying 30 bucks just to play early seems a waste of money imo.....
Ferrus.Manus

Post by Ferrus.Manus »

jorgebonafe wrote:Ah, I see... Wow, paying 30 bucks just to play early seems a waste of money imo.....
Yeah, you really don't need to pay $30 (and the invite also come with bunch of cosmetic items which would cost $20+ if bought from steam shop), you have chance to get invite from completing survey. And starting few months ago Valve starting giving tons of extra invites to all active Dota2 players (I have 17 invites currently).
Niyu

Post by Niyu »

You can also buy an invitation in the steam market for only 2 cents.
jorgebonafe

Post by jorgebonafe »

Is the game playable already? Is it beta? I never played Dota, but I might try Dota 2.... Is it better then Dota?
Detritus

Post by Detritus »

jorgebonafe wrote:Is the game playable already? Is it beta? I never played Dota, but I might try Dota 2.... Is it better then Dota?
Yes on all counts.

The game is very much playable, and is almost a fully released game except for the bugs. One of the only things that marks it as a beta is the continued development; Every week on Thursday/Friday they release an update, which either contains a new hero, new mechanics, new hud elements, or really anything.

Dota 2 is definitely much better than Dota 1 was, as it is not built over the Warcraft 3 engine like Dota 1. It is it's own game, with much improved graphics, ui, and is much better at explaining itself than dota 1 was. However, it is still an incredibly complex game, and has a very steep learning curve.
jorgebonafe wrote: I don't get it, I thought this game was supposed to be free? What are the keys for?
Ah, I see... Wow, paying 30 bucks just to play early seems a waste of money imo.....
When the beta was first started, their were only two ways to get access; You could apply for the beta on the Dota website, or you could buy early access for $50. However, as the game went further into beta, access became easier, and the early access price went down. If you bought the game during beta, you received a large amount of in-game cosmetic items. They've changed it now though, by sending many many keys to the currently active players.

So in short:
Yes to all your questions, don't buy the game because there's currently no need. I'll send you a key if you want to play.
All parts should go together without forcing. You must remember that the parts you are reassembling were disassembled by you. Therefore, if you can't get them together again, there must be a reason. By all means, do not use a hammer.