Splee999's Multiplayer Skyblock Sever: Shutting Down

This is the place for SMP server threads, and for general server discussion.
Splee999

Re: Splee999's Multiplayer Skyblock Sever (BTW 4.56 / BWR 0.

Post by Splee999 »

Hey all, I'll be updating as soon as BWR catches up to BTW. (Dale, in case you're reading this, I will not be updating as quickly as I thought I would be, so the server's still online for now).

One more thing: DO NOT PUSH OTHER PEOPLE'S TELEPORT BUTTONS! It turns out that if you push one, it will either yank them back to their original spawn in an undignified manner, or could even send them hurtling to a random (generated) location in the nether.

Thanks all!
Last edited by Splee999 on Sat Feb 16, 2013 11:25 am, edited 1 time in total.
Rob

Re: Splee999's Multiplayer Skyblock Sever (BTW 4.51 / BWR 0.

Post by Rob »

Alright everyone, back after a 3 day hiatus. Changed around my skyblock layout.. cause I can. Lol.
http://i.imgur.com/sbD2jmz.png?1

Moved the animal spawn pad clear across the compound to the far left side so I don't interrupt any sweet, sweet, animal spawns. Because I afked for a good 15 hours and didn't get any more animals in the original spot. Here's to better luck.

The layout of my plant xbreed changed, but you can't see from the pick because I capped it in half slabs so trees don't grow.

Code: Select all

..X.W.X
.BXPWPXB
XXXXWXXXX
.RXHWHXR
XXXXWXXXX
.BXKWKXB
..XkWkX
X=Xbreed area
W=Water
B=birch
P=potato
R=Rose
H=Hemp
K=Pumpkin Stem
k=Pumpkin

It's set up to take advantage of the most xbreed possible spots without having the same plant type xbreeding with themselves.

Also have new pictures in my album. Not as many as I could have, got carried away with building, forgot to take pictures along the way.
http://imgur.com/a/CVdNj#0
mikeyagoto

Post by mikeyagoto »

hey guys!

Ive been reading though your posts and looking at all of the screen shots and it looks like a lot of fun!

Is there any other spots available? Ive been wanting to get into BWR recently but I didn't really understand the crossbreeding until now!

My IGN is mikeyagoto

thanks so much!

Mikey
Pfilson

Post by Pfilson »

Hey Splee! We need a bit of a cleanup. Dale and I have both hit generated land in the nether. Not going to touch it just know you wanted to be told..

Rianaru had a portal show up.. I don't think dale went into the portal he found.. so may need to check the blocks near me to to see if the portals I found in the nether connected too.. If they are being created when the chunk loads in the nether then need a rule for traveling..

and one other question with all of the beacon work that's been done.. do we have a fortress solution to get wither skeletons?

Oh.. It seems like there's a few times that everyone gets kicked off the server with no real notice.. is it doing an auto restart or something? It's usually around the same time each night, but I haven't kept track.. just had one at ~8:46 (PST)
Dale

Post by Dale »

Pfilson wrote:We need a bit of a cleanup.

...have a fortress solution to get wither skeletons?
Agreed.

Agreed.

Also id like to remind people that werent around before when splee was answering questions.. There is a end portal at spawn. So really the only need we have for unobtainable items is the nether skellies.. buutt... yeah.
DaveYanakov "Animals spawn in tall grass because pokemans"...
dawnraider

Post by dawnraider »

One of my villagers committed suicide, can I have another egg?
Come join us on discord! https://discord.gg/fhMK5kx
Get the Deco Addon here!
Get the Better Terrain Addon here!
Get the Vanilla Mix TP here!
Get the Conquest TP here!
Benanov

Post by Benanov »

Dale wrote:
Pfilson wrote:We need a bit of a cleanup.

...have a fortress solution to get wither skeletons?
Agreed.

Also id like to remind people that werent around before when splee was answering questions.. There is a end portal at spawn. So really the only need we have for unobtainable items is the nether skellies.. buutt... yeah.
Warr & the rest of us are working on that - don't think we haven't forgotten about it ;). Warr has a really good idea, but it ends up requiring something you can't get without having done this process once (so basically you can't bootstrap, much like redstone is in stock BTW). We've come up with some refinement ideas but I don't think anything's implemented yet.

Also we're working on adding some optional risk to plant crossbreeding in exchange for higher incidence of mutations. It's a fun minigame as it is, but we're hearing you all that it's a bit slow, so we're hoping to rebalance it a bit - both with and without the risk.
There's only one V in my name, thanks.

<TaterBoy> I figured out why there's so much lag. We have too much iron.
Rob

Post by Rob »

Hey all, I got some advancements under my belt. Pictures to follow later. Im sure Im just on the lucky side of animal crossbreeding, but with a cow and a pig, one spruce and one birch tree. I've bred a pair of every animal with only one silverfish. The only set back I had so far, wolf pups eat their mothers. Other than that, I've had a blast learning the add-on!
Dale

Post by Dale »

About to enter the end and scope it out, would anyone like to throw a suggestion at me before i do? Like say,... "No! Wait for me!"?
Rob

Post by Rob »

Dale wrote:About to enter the end and scope it out, would anyone like to throw a suggestion at me before i do? Like say,... "No! Wait for me!"?
Is the end a single island as well? Or normal generation, with the dragon? If the dragon is there, a group event might be nice, though don't wait for me, just started collecting my emeralds.

On that note, how do you get the iron golem to spawn in the half slabs? Mine always spawn in the center with the villagers, still easy to kill them, the fence border keeps me safe.
Dale

Post by Dale »

Rob wrote:
Dale wrote:About to enter the end and scope it out, would anyone like to throw a suggestion at me before i do? Like say,... "No! Wait for me!"?
Is the end a single island as well? Or normal generation, with the dragon? If the dragon is there, a group event might be nice, though don't wait for me, just started collecting my emeralds.

On that note, how do you get the iron golem to spawn in the half slabs? Mine always spawn in the center with the villagers, still easy to kill them, the fence border keeps me safe.
The End is an island that is very small. From what I can see is there is no way back, and no dragon.

The golems are random sometimes.. And that is step one of my golem farm.. sooo really I expect no control over golems untill after I complete my infinite villager farm then convert it into the main village. Then proceed to halfslab everything over. *breath*

ALSO: SPLEE PLZ READ THIS, WE HAVE SOME WATER ISSUES IN BEN's BLOCK.<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<
snoweydude2

Post by snoweydude2 »

IGN: snoweydude2
Why I want to join: This looks like a great server and I would like to join
I am pretty mature and will not rage or flame the chat
Pfilson

Post by Pfilson »

[quote="Rob"On that note, how do you get the iron golem to spawn in the half slabs? Mine always spawn in the center with the villagers, still easy to kill them, the fence border keeps me safe.[/quote]

They won't spawn on half slabs but they will spawn in them.. so if you want them to not spawn with the villagers make sure that the villager area is two spaces tall with a solid block over it (and then a half slab on that unless you want golems spawning there.

Then your golem spawn area would be full blocks (or at least top halves) with two spaces and then a half slab ceiling (if you want them to be immobilized)
Splee999

Re: Splee999's Multiplayer Skyblock Sever (BTW 4.54 / BWR 0.

Post by Splee999 »

Hey all, I got the server updated to 4.54. Later this week, I'll be switching over all of the teleporters to spawn reseters, and add a suicide button to the spawn area in case you need to get to your newly reset spawn point.

And as for now, I don't think I'll be adding that wall in the nether. If you happen to reach a generated section, just be mature and leave it alone. There's not really a way I can completely stop a determined person from climbing over a wall (you could just staircase your way up, and take a walk on the top of the world). If you decide to steal crap from the generated nether, it's no skin off my back, but you'll be ruining your BWR experience.

Finally, I believe we're down to one unclaimed skyblock, and that one is currently in need of a reset. (Whoever left that one screwed up: Grrrr.) In other words, Mikeyagoto is probably the last person who'll get whitelisted for a while. If you have claimed a skyblock but plan on quitting the server, please let me know so that I can clear it for other players. And just to make things clear: this DOES NOT mean there is a "minimum playtime" to stay on the server. I only will clear your skyblock if you are ABSOLUTELY sure that you don't want to be on it anymore.

Thanks,

Splee999
Rob

Post by Rob »

Alright, got a few things ticked off on the ol' checklist. Here's the layout of my compound so far.
http://imgur.com/RlG81vW

I did manage to lose all my villagers, explained here.
http://imgur.com/FvUnUrx

And as always, my whole album is located here.
http://imgur.com/a/CVdNj#0
I added 14 new pictures, including the two posted above.

@Splee999 , If you get a chance. I do need villager eggs, or something. If you want me to complete a task for them, I can do that. I promise to take better care of these, I've already placed a gate to keep mobs out of the farm. No rush.
dawnraider

Post by dawnraider »

Hey, my MC glitched out and the walk key got stuck, sending me off the edge with 14 emeralds and 1.25 stacks of wheat. Is there any chance I could get those back? If I did it out of stupidity, I would accept the loss, but as it occurred because of a glitch, I was wondering if those items could be returned to me.
Get the Deco Addon here!
Benanov

Abdication

Post by Benanov »

I am abandoning my skyblock.

I never placed my lava, and a creeper hit my chest and my lava is now in the void. I could just beg for more lava, but...

I'm finding that I'm really not getting a lot of time to play Minecraft lately so I'd rather open up the block for someone else.

Sorry. It was a good time and you have a good group of players.
There's only one V in my name, thanks.

<TaterBoy> I figured out why there's so much lag. We have too much iron.
dawnraider

Post by dawnraider »

Wow. I just got the nether, and when I made my portal,
Spoiler
Show
I was not expecting the ghast to spawn. Scared the crap out of me. I didn't do any damage, but i was afraid to go to my chests to get a bow, since I didn't want them blown up.
Get the Deco Addon here!
Pfilson

Post by Pfilson »

dawnraider wrote:Wow. I just got the nether, and when I made my portal
Welcome! I'll be on more soon.. I was figuring out my mushroom issue because I'm stuck till I have them.. Turns out right now you need to start with one..

Which brings me to.. Spleeeee! we will each need at least 1 brown mushroom.. I do have idea I want to run by War, but he's been busy lately.

As it seems everyone is.. I've only really seen dawnraider and myself on most of the time. Oh, it looks like Benenov might be keeping his block so he may need some lava and other basics.
dawnraider

Post by dawnraider »

I'm already connected to Odie in the nether, so it is now MUCH easier to access you (less than 5 mins rather than 20+)
Get the Deco Addon here!
Pfilson

Post by Pfilson »

Right on! and even faster once we get to 4.56

Which BWR now supports.. also Splee I would suggest using the release branch.. sometimes the master doesn't get updated correctly. (the last one was still at 4.53)
DaveYanakov

Post by DaveYanakov »

Yeah, sorry about that. Warr has been very busy in real life and hasn't had his usual time with us. BWR will be back in order once he has a spare hour to bring it back up to spin.
Better is the enemy of Good
Pfilson

Post by Pfilson »

DaveYanakov wrote:Yeah, sorry about that. Warr has been very busy in real life and hasn't had his usual time with us. BWR will be back in order once he has a spare hour to bring it back up to spin.
It's no worry he said there were often conflicts with the merge back into the master so it often ends up with a weird version number (26.0x) so it complains anyway. Current version does it too so it's just best to go with the release branch.
Splee999

Post by Splee999 »

Hey guys: As you know, BWR basically has died lately. So, because of that, and because of pretty low server population, I'm going to go ahead and shut this down. This was definately a fun server to run, thanks for all the fun guys!

Oh, and I can provide a world download if anyone would like one.

-Splee999
Pfilson

Re: Splee999's Multiplayer Skyblock Sever: Shutting Down

Post by Pfilson »

IT's not quite dead, warr actually showed up in IRC today.. But RL for him hit at a bad time (for us). BWR basicly got hit with a one two punch, first to the tech tree then to the compile process.

The master branch does build with 4.62, but the iron issue and the mushroom/mossy cobble issues have not been fixed yet. I'll be sure to post something here when it does. and I would be interested in a download of the world I can PM you may email or you can pm me a link whichever is easiest for you.

Was fun while it was up though :D