New Release! (Version 2.93)

A place to talk to other users about the mod.
blithen

Re: New Release! (Version 2.93)

Post by blithen »

I'm wracking my brain on how to make armor plates I seem to be the only failure that can't make it, I've put straps and steel in every way that makes sense to me and still can't get it. :|
Add me on MSN Messenger, we can chat about our feelings and coffee and minecraft.
Mrchaim

Post by Mrchaim »

blithen wrote:I'm wracking my brain on how to make armor plates I seem to be the only failure that can't make it, I've put straps and steel in every way that makes sense to me and still can't get it. :|
One strap on either side, steel in the middle. Oh, and use an Anvil.
emmasteadman

Post by emmasteadman »

Thanks for the update FC. :)

Can I ask the planning behind Nethercoal?
Each update makes it more difficult to craft, considering that it's only twice as effective as normal coal...imho it kinda makes it not worth while to use in a normal MC furnace, which to me at least was my primary use for it. The work required to make it seems not worth the effort involved, especially since it is now not required for steel. I mean a simple rule of thumb is that anything that requires more effort to create than it actually puts out, is a loss making venture.

::: Emma :::
Last edited by emmasteadman on Wed Aug 31, 2011 9:07 am, edited 1 time in total.
grimper12341

Post by grimper12341 »

Mms me had that same problem too when I was running low on nethercoal. The main time consumer is the grinding, so I just built a facility for it with 8 mill stones (which are just smoothstone and a gear, easy to come by) feeding 3 cauldrons, and now I got all the nethercoal I could want.

However with 8 mill stones grinding netherack at the at the same time it gets reallyyyyyy creepy x.x

With BTW moving into the future, we are going to consistently need advanced materials and more of them. So I suggest making a factory for everything as it's introduced.
They don't have to be fully automatic with really fancy redstoning, just semi automatic will save you a lot of time waiting, and it gives you something to do :3
Spoiler
Show

Bit hard to see but that's a hopper above each cauldron. It's not quite finished yet though, I still need to hook the hoppers up to mechanical power so they drop stuff out the bottom.
Tekei

Post by Tekei »

WoW! That's a lot of cool stuff!
I recently deleted my legit worlds for various reasons, the biggest one being that I want to start a new one as soon as 1.8 hits and a compatible version of BTW is released. I figured I'd spend time on finishing up my BTW-texture pack until then, but I guess I'll have to wait until the HD-patcher is compatible with the Forge.
Until then I guess I'll start a new legit world and see if I have enough time to advance far enough to try out all the new stuff.

Great job there, have a good vacation and thanks for making the only mod ever worth using!
grimper12341

Post by grimper12341 »

HD Patcher is compatible...ish. You just gotta reinstall and get a clean minecraft folder, and only use the patcher after you've installed every other mod.
BinoAl

Post by BinoAl »

Dang, your "small tweaks" are bigger than a lot of mods ;D Awesome job, have a good vacation ^.^
TyberAlyx

Post by TyberAlyx »

BinoAl wrote:Dang, your "small tweaks" are bigger than a lot of mods ;D Awesome job, have a good vacation ^.^
This made me think of mods concerning humans and villages *wink*

Nice update anyways! I saw the ID lens in the config. Makes me excited :)
Tekei

Post by Tekei »

grimper12341 wrote:HD Patcher is compatible...ish. You just gotta reinstall and get a clean minecraft folder, and only use the patcher after you've installed every other mod.
Cool! Just need to finish some work-related stuff and I'll give it a try. Thanks for mentioning it!
KriiEiter

Post by KriiEiter »

FC you made wheat farms so much easier now, and I love you for it.

And the fact that we FINALLY have a use for charcoal makes me happy. I think it's about time for someone (Battosay I'm thinking you ;D) to make a semi-auto charcoal factory, it's too bad BD's can't place their blocks into a dispenser or something. :P

I'm consistently in awe of your speed on the progress of this mod, and I know once you're all rested up from your vacation you'll show us some more crazy awesomeness.

Keep on keepin' on FC!
dyrewulf

Post by dyrewulf »

FlowerChild wrote:
Urian wrote: With this and the incompatibility with the HD-patcher, I must say my liking of Forge has plummeted...
That's rather unfair man. The Forge represents a group of modders deciding to work together to make more mods compatible with each other.

If other mod authors have yet to choose to participate in that, and their mods are incompatible as a result, it seems rather backwards to dislike the standard that is trying to rectify that problem.

As the old saying goes "you can't make an omelet without breaking a few eggs".

In this case, you can not create a modding standard without breaking compatibility with mods that do not adopt it. Player support, and patience with the temporary incompatibilities that result is crucial to that process.
I don't mean to go off topic and turn this into a forge discussion, but your comments here and the information you gave about forge in your interview, have utterly convinced me of the necessity and value of what you guys are doing with forge. So much so that I, a player not a modder, did my best to try and convince the Dynamic Lights modder that he should give a closer look at forge (which it became apparent he was utterly clueless about), and strongly consider coming on board to help keep his mod compatible, which he's tried to do so far by making merged class files (and was griping heavily about the frequent forge updates).

I gave very good informative arguments, but to no avail, as his stubbornness and close-minded attitude simply would not let him see the benefits. He went so far as to equate your approach to communism (laughable and undeserving of comment on my part). It just brought to my attention the up-hill battle forge faces if it's to ever become a standard like it should.

There is also a fine line for us players to walk when trying to help convince modders about the benefits. It's so easy for the modders to get angry and become entrenched against forge, even if you're only trying to help them make a choice for what's best for them in the end. I did my best, and time will tell if he, and others like him, will come around eventually.

And back on topic, thanks again for another excellent update, and enjoy your vacation.
Xetian

Post by Xetian »

Looks like it's time to race myself to the "endgame" on a new save then. I definitely learned a lot from my most recent play-through (especially how little your hemp farm can be once you automate the damn thing and have a windmill.

Great patch FC enjoy the vacation!
FlowerChild wrote: Lol! Dude, I don't think any of our lives would look too good if a random 9-second clip were grabbed as an illustration ;)
Battosay

Post by Battosay »

Wow !
Not that much big new things, but a lot of new toy to make for automation :)
Thanks a lot man ! It'll keep us busy for a month at least ^^
Off to test that baby out :)
Enjoy your vacation bro !
FlowerChild
Site Admin

Post by FlowerChild »

Urian wrote:I might have been unclear and a bit harsh(morning without any coffee yet when I posted and English is my third language). I do like Forge and I think that it's a great initiative that I fully support. Perhaps it would have been better to say that I'm annoyed with the incompatibilities and that it's more the incompatibilities that I dislike. I know that Forge is meant to overcome just these kinds of problems, it's the waiting for it to happen that I don't like :)
No worries man. I responded just before I went to bed, so I was in a similar state ;)

Believe me, it can get rather frustrating for me too. The volume of support-related messages I've been receiving has sky-rocketed with the inclusion of the Forge as people get used to it and new incompatibilities with other mods are introduced.

However, I'm just trying to keep the big picture in mind here. As I've said in the past, I know this is the right move, there's just bound to be growing pains along the way and the only thing I can do is weather that as best as I can :)

-------------

Glad everyone seems to be enjoying the new update so much, and thanks for all the well-wishes for my vacation!
Adjudicator79

Post by Adjudicator79 »

So much for grocery shopping tonight. I'll break out the noodles and sauce, put on some minecraft youtubes in the background, and go to town on a new BTW version.

Awesome work as always, Flower. I look forward to starting a new world for the complete play through. I'd been avoiding it after 2.92, but with the anvil now included, I want to make it to steel the "intended" way. Of course, I had just finished a chunk, double layered slime farm, 7 floors of neutral mob spawning, my dung factory, and the beginnings of my bedrock level processing plant. Now I'm gonna have to start over!

Hmm, now to go find a decent seed.
Deepsniper

Post by Deepsniper »

Adjudicator79 wrote:So much for grocery shopping tonight. I'll break out the noodles and sauce, put on some minecraft youtubes in the background, and go to town on a new BTW version.

Awesome work as always, Flower. I look forward to starting a new world for the complete play through. I'd been avoiding it after 2.92, but with the anvil now included, I want to make it to steel the "intended" way. Of course, I had just finished a chunk, double layered slime farm, 7 floors of neutral mob spawning, my dung factory, and the beginnings of my bedrock level processing plant. Now I'm gonna have to start over!

Hmm, now to go find a decent seed.
Try the "Better Than Wolves" seed it works wonders
wyyve

Post by wyyve »

How is it that FC can add several additions to his mod faster than the entire Majong team can add a single update?
FlowerChild
Site Admin

Post by FlowerChild »

wyyve wrote:How is it that FC can add several additions to his mod faster than the entire Majong team can add a single update?
Now now...they're obviously putting a lot of work into 1.8 and they also have to contend with SMP support for anything new they add (which I don't as of yet).

But thanks just the same :)
Tekei

Post by Tekei »

FlowerChild wrote:Now now...they're obviously putting a lot of work into 1.8 and they also have to contend with SMP support for anything new they add (which I don't as of yet).
Now, I just wanna say that this is not intended to bother you in any way, but SMP support is something I've been looking forward to since the first time I heard of BTW (Which was long before I actually installed and tried it out) and the reason it took so long for me to install BTW was simply because it didn't have SMP support.

Up until I installed BTW I almost exclusively played SMP. Not on public servers but on small private ones with my friends. I just find it a lot more fun to build and explore together with others rather than on my own. That said, I did grow tired of vMC eventually and decided to try out BTW and I'll probably never go back to vMC now, but that also means that I won't be playing SMP.

I have no idea what the community in general think about adding SMP support but for me it would be a huge deal. So I guess the question i want to ask is: Can you give us any information on what your plans for SMP is? Will we have to wait long for it? Is it even planned or is it more of a "I'll do it when and if I find the time for it"-sort of thing?

Now, my english might be a bit too simple and I might come off as demanding. That is NOT my intent. I'm merely asking out of interest and I can fully understand if you don't want to spend the time required to get SMP support for BTW.

P.S: Ouch, this post got a lot longer than it initially was in my head, lol. Have a good vacation out there and thanks for everything! :)